Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My NEW craft room

Dr. John and I have been talking about it for a long while...that is, changing our guest room to the CRAFT room. You see, we used to have two twin beds in the guest room. When my in-laws came to visit, ths was THEIR room with the bath room. Since my in-laws are getting old and they don't travel to see us any more (sniff, sniff),  we've decided it's time to change it into my craft room. I was working there with my cards along with all the old funiture and clothes in the closet...my paper stuff was all over the place and the pink paint became an eye sore as it looked out-dated.



We finally got our (mainly my) act together. we had painter Paul's help and all new funiture from IKEA! It took us about two weeks to transform the pink room to the GREEN room. I LOVE it there...Stephanie said that I can stay there 24/7 now. But not so fast, where is the kitchen and the bar???
Joke on the side....
when Dr. John assembled the IKEA furniture, I heard a loud noise from the next room, I asked what was going on with the noise. The answer I got was:  "I'm busy banging and screwing!! Wanna help?"






I now have ample shelf space and you will no longer see paper scattered on the floor! All the embellishments are neatly contained in the jars and the HA stamps are all in the pull-out drawers. This room is far from fancy, but it's just a lovely room to craft...yup, lucky me :)



ANOTHER tease from Dr. John: "No more excuses!!". I asked him to elaborate. " Now I expect you to win every challenges that comes your way...". He then laughed along with David agreeing on the side....
 Oh brother!
 

9 comments:

Susan McRae said...

Congrats on your new blog and your room makeover Virginia, it looks great!

Kathy said...

love it miss wonder...can't wait to feast my eyes on this in person!
hhh,kathy

Stamping Cafe said...

Love your new craft room, Virginia!! Totally awesome, lucky you!

nancy demond said...

OK, I want to hear more about the kitchen and bar addition, and the part about "all the banging and screwing" going on during the remodel .... oh, V. such tales to tell all your girlfriends in October....Dr John will have to bake the cookies, you will be too busy....

fika said...

You're too funny V, i love reading the part of "sniff sniff" thing and also "no more excuses!!" from Dr. John..
Wish i could be your neighbour, I will visit you regularly so that I could crafting together in every scrapper "MOST WANTED" room (aka your new craftroom) :)
ouuups almost forget.. I also wanna taste your legendary chocolate chip cookies LOL :D

Sanne said...

Lucky you Virginia.....to have such a perfect craftroom - looking good!
Hurrah for IKEA ;-)
Greetings from Denmark
Sanne <3

Nancy said...

Love your new crafting palace! My hubby is not a fan of Ikea, he's a cabinetmaker and he just doesn't have the patience for all the miniscule pieces and all the "banging and screwing"..we got a good laugh at Dr. John's expense I'm afraid.
Blessings to You!

Dwita said...

There you are..... having your own craft room. Wish to fly to your place and feel the fresh air coming from the new room... Oh, no, I smell the other smell... Seafood Crepe??? Yummy...

ThePurplePlace said...

A truly lovely room....so feminine...great light and wonderfully organized!! :)