Tuesday, October 20, 2009

FUN time to remember...

What a Fabulous weekend I have had with my HA hostess sistas. All the stamping, chatting, laughing and now it's time to share those memorable moments. As I'm starting to pick up the pieces in my house and I do feel a bit too tired to make/do anything. I thought I'd share some pictures. Here is a card and some generous gifts that Karen gave me. I absolutley adore the doll card that she made. Don't you? Karen does think "ouside the box" as this Asian doll looks so gorgeous in the shades of pink and orange with the white embossing. Just DARLING ( as Karen would say).

We were so happy when Karen arrived after 2 and 1/4 hr of drive frm Michigan.

This was our craft table where we crafted away....everyone was so hard at work! It was pure magic and fun as we shared that special time together....I was sleep-deprived and wasn't as "productive" as I'd like to be. There's my spot with the coffe cup. I ended up giving everyone a FREE massage instead!

 FABULOUS and BEAUTIFUL ladies-Sarah, Karen, Kathy and Tracey.

After we came back to my house in Waterloo after the retreat, we went to "Sakura Island" for Japanese food. We looked so relaxed and happy...Kathy was so sneaky as she secretly handed her credit card to the waitress without us knowing it. When the bill came, we were "shocked" and Dr. John was so impressed how Kathy singlehandedly "tricked" us! Thank you, Kathy!! You are just too fun and generous!!!

Here are the fun shot with my "sneaky" boy David. My sistas just adore him :)


The next moring (our last few hours together) we went to nearby town St. Jacob (a Mennonite comminity- much like the Amish country in Lancaster. Penn.) and did some antique shopping.



I love this quilt and how it's displayed....GORGEOUS!


Tracey and Kathy both asked the shop keeper for the metal frogs! They convinced me to get one and then along the way, Kathy found something that she REALLY has to have! Look at the paper/card holder!! Isn't it a GREAT find? I know that holder is going to adorn her amazing cards even more!


We ended the shopping with these yummy morsels!
Thanks for coming to my way, Tracey and Kathy! I LOVE every minute of it!!







19 comments:

Nancy said...

I am so happy for you all that you shared such a wonderful weekend! Here's to more fun and memorable meetings of our Hero Arts family!

Jane said...

How FUN!! Wow, I'm exhausted just reading about it! What wonderful memories you all made together!

Lucy Abrams said...

Wish I'd been there - looks like you had a fabulous time. Bet you were an amazing hostess. xxx

Anonymous said...

How fun! Looks like you all had a great time! Thanks for sharing the photos and the good times Virginia! I loved sharing in your weekend. :)
Kathy (krolski)

Alice Wertz said...

Thank you so much for sharing those gorgeous photos Virginia!! I am so jealous that you get to have so much fun together!! So glad that you had a blast!

Cathy A said...

Virginia, thank you so much for sharing the lovely photo's of you all, the girls all looked so busy crafting! Looks like you had a lot of fun shopping too!

Anonymous said...

HI Virginia! I was there and I'm STILL AMAZED at all you did......yes, YOU WERE SLEEP DEPRIVED on Saturday....POOR YOU! You know what? You continued to keep all of us HAPPY......free massages, getting us our beverages, etc. and even shopping for us! I had the BEST TIME. Now MONDAY looked like FUN! I know that I'll be coming to visit you, so I'm not shedding any tears today!! We'll even go for a TRAIN RIDE, OK?! Looks like you found some GOOD BUYS. Oh, I LOVE the photos of DAVID with the GIRLS! Kathy looks like she SNATCHED HIM RIGHT UP! OK, Virginia.......GO REST UP! You've been SO BUSY these last SEVERAL MONTHS. TIme to HIBERNATE in your CRAFT ROOM! Love, Karen xooxxoxoox

Anonymous said...

I had SUCH a great time with all of you on Saturday! You are all just the nicest group of ladies. :) Wish I'd been able to stay for the full weekend. Thanks for sharing the pics from the rest of the weekend.
Hugs,
Sarah

Suzanne C said...

So glad you all had so much fun! Thanks for sharing the pictures of your fun time!

nancy demond said...

V - you did good. Rest up. I'm coming. Nan1

Sanne said...

Glad to hear you had so much fun together! Great pictures :0)
Sanne

Kelly Booth said...

How Fun...thanks for Sharing Virginia...I wish we could all be there!!! How fun would a HA convention be???
Hugs....

Tiffany said...

What a wonderful time you all had, thanks so much for sharing the lovely photos Virginia...what a blast it looked like when you were all stamping away! You all look tres chic!!

tortagialla said...

I just found your blog here! Lovely stuff!

Dwita said...

Wow!! Thanks for sharing the pics... You really did have fabulous time together. Now you can take a rest, just for a while... Then, can't wait for your more beautiful cards...

Tomo H. said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful time! :)
Thank you so much Virginia for sharing the pics of your fun moments!

Susan McRae said...

Looks like you had lots of fun crafting, eating and shopping! Thanks for sharing the pics Virginia!

Heather Maria said...

Thanks Virginia for sharing your wonderful weekend with all of us. Sounds blissful.

Chris Millar said...

Hi Virginia,
Thanks so much for popping by my blog and for your lovely thoughts. It's not the happiest time at the moment, but we're trying to enjoy each moment.
How wonderful that all you special girls got to catch up!
Hope you're well.
Chris Millar.