Saturday, October 31, 2009

Gallery of cards from friends

I know the Canadian Thanksgiving is long over, but the American Thanksgiving is just around the corner. It's never too late to be thankful. The one thing that I'm particularly thankful for is the friends that I have made through the Hero Arts blog. When I started to take part in the blog in Nov. 2008, I merely hoped to improve my card-making/stamping. That was the ONLY goal. But little did I know that I would make friends from all over the world.... and even MEET some of them in person and will meet more in the future. I'd love to share the cards that these special friends sent me in the last few months. Ready for some eye candy? Here's one from Cathy in UK.

 Cathy is always fasinated by my bra purse....

So she had to come up with this clever, adorable and NAUGHTY design. See the reveal!!

I was shocked when I saw the doll card!! It was so beautifully and sturdily constructed! That Cathy really brought a BIG smile to my face!
Tracey is known for her mixed patterns, layering and complex design. When she came to my house for the scrapbook retreat, she gave this to me. Gorgeous, huh?

And she gave this to Dr. John....boy , was he ever impressed!

Then I was presented with this masterpiece from Kathy....She always amazes me! I was astounded with all the details!

Karen gave me this beautiful ATC, crafted with love and details....every little inch of this ATC is full pleasant surprises!

I received this from Sarah in the mail the other day. Sarah was so animated and fun during our scrapbook retreat. I had fun "massaging" her! I'd love to post the pictures and video, but we decided that it's best to be locked up in our computer file! 

This rose card came straight from California! Tiffany has such flair and style to her cards and projects. This little one says it all. I had the pleasure of sharing parenting tips about little boys this summer.Tif was so fun to talk to! She is like a little sister that I never had!

Anette is such a great friend to me and always gives me sweet and encouraging comments. I sent her a set of HA coffee stamps. She then rewarded me with this beauty sent from Norway! I love the pink and brown combo. It's so stylish yet so warm!


Things could not get any better when I received this card from Ashley. She is SO sweet! Out of the blue, Ashely Flikr mailed me and wanted to send ME a card! Here's what Ashley wrote: "You are the sweetest (really truly you are)!!! Your cards and blogs always bring a smile to my face! I'm so happy you are a part of this group. The warmth of your personality always shines through!"

Little did Ashley know that her creative cards were the ones I "lusted" after before I jumped into the HA pool!! Thank you, Ashley, for being so thoughtful!

Since it's Halloween tonight, I am ending this post with a card from Linda (aka Oz). She is known as the Halloween Queen! I just love her creations and her clever descriptions. Such a TREAT to see!


Thank you, my friends, you have truly melted my heart!
Here's a picture of my DD Stephanie on Halloween....she has come a long way from her princess costume
in pre-school days. She is now Spock's long-lost great grandmother (LOL-don't ask me why-Dr. John said so). Live long and prosper, Stephanie!




18 comments:

Dawn said...

thanks for sharing all your wonderful friend's cards Virginia. Like you I never expected that I would end up with such wonderful friends....all via the 'net. I too have cards from all over the world...Germany, Denmark, USA, Australia.... and at times when I needed cheering up...one would magically appear in my mail box....

Anonymous said...

Hi Virginia! So nice to see the beautiful cards that you've received! You need a special "treasure box" to keep them in........you are so LOVED, Virginia! You bring smiles to so many. Hope you're having a GREAT HALLOWEEN! Love, Karen xo

nancy demond said...

V - wishing you a big BBbbbwwwwwwhhhhhaaaaa on this Halloween night! love, Nan

Anonymous said...

So fun to see all these cards in one post! Cathy's card was TOO funny! Lucky you getting a card from Ashley. I 'lust' after her cards too. Thanks for locking up the 'massage' pics... hope you threw away the key. ;)

Sarah M

donna mikasa said...

What a treasure trove of cards you have, Virginia! But then, you are a treasure of a friend and it's no wonder that you received so many masterpieces! Each card is special and a gift in itself. You are blessed!

Alice Wertz said...

thanks for sharing all the love you received from your sweet friends!! they are all so pretty and precious!

Lin said...

You are truly a treasure to us, and I'm so pleased that you shared these little gems of friendship! They are just reflections of what we receive from you on a daily basis. Thanks for being my friend!

Tiffany said...

Oh Virginia, how sweet of you to mention my card, and how lovely that you have met and have also received such gifts from our other members! It really is a nice feeling to be recognized for your work, isn't it? Here's to many more years of HA goodness!

Ashley M said...

What a special group of cards! I can only imagine the fun you had with all those HA girls! Sounds like you and Sarah have some funny secrets! LOL. I'm so glad you liked my card! :)

Sanne said...

Lucky you to receive all these wonderful cards. Sounds like you had a lot of fun in the HA Hostess team :0)

AnitaRex said...

Enjoyed seeing the cards you have recieved from Ha Flickr friends! My goodness the pop open shirt made me laugh so hard! Passn me along your address I would love to send you a card!

Susan McRae said...

Lovely collection of cards Virginia! Cathy's card is priceless! She is so creative and funny!

Diana said...

WOW, these are all FANTASTIC!

Stephanie said...

Great idea for a post!!! All of the cards are beautiful...you are so loved! Also, I can't believe you posted my picture. XD

Daria Z. said...

Virginia you are such a gem. Thank you for sharing all of these wonderful cards with us. Lucky you to have "originals"...on second thought, not lucky...you get back what you give out to others.
Hugs, Daria Z.

Heather Maria said...

Virginia it was wonderful to see the cards you have received from friends all around the world. They are all so stunning and special. Cathy's one had me in fits of laughter - she's so funny! I'll look at my dolls' stamps in a new light now!

Stephanie's Halloween photo is brilliant - she really does look like one of Spock's relations! Any photos of you, Dr John or David dressed up for Halloween to share??

Kelly Booth said...

Love all the cards shown Virginia...so Pretty...Friends are the BEST!
Stephanie's Photo is great...wow From Princess to Spock!

Kathy said...

Wow Virginia I really enjoyed reading this post...actually everything you write...you have the gift ...the gift to gab with heart warming words!! The reason you attract nice people is because your heart is wide open!! You were the hostess of the mostest and I know everyone misses seeing you all over Flickr! and Yes it's true Virginia is just as amazing and everything you can imagine in PERSON! I hope you will have the chance to meet this most amazing woman...Virginia!!!!!!!

Love love the pic of Stephanie!!
Hugs,Kathy sista

CAthy's card is UNREAL!!!!!!!