Thursday, October 29, 2009

Being Inspired....

I like the idea of  Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger. So I held that thought and wonder what I will come across to trigger me to create.. ...And then yesterday I saw "it" at our downtown stationary boutique called "Write Impression". As I looked into the dollar bin and found my source of inspiration...I ended up buying the wrapping paper (of course) as I love these unconventional pastel colors for Christmas! I have to put my new Making Memory acrylic paint into use.

The stamped images are not as clear and sharp as the conventional inks, but I like the slight messier look of it. To start, I made my own paper by stamping the trees on a sheet of white card stock The rest of the work is just to cut, assemble and embellish. Such a fun project! I feel like a kid again... Since Hero Arts is having the "simpleholiday" challenge, I thought it's perfect for it, too! This is my first attempt for the Tuesday Trigger...hope it fits the challenge:)  Here are the 6 tags.
and the card that's made from the leftover scraps ...

CL357 Holiday Doll, AR 163 Three Tree

Others: beaded ribbons (Crafters Corner), handmade paper, HA gems, CB (Scalloped Rectangle Spellbinder), stickles

 As many of you from Hero Arts blog know, my DH is Dr. John. My DD Stephanie told me about the latest music video from Mika called...what else, Dr. John ! See video here.
 Some of you suggested to have this music piping into the waiting room...(LOL). Dr. John did tell me one funny thing yesterday. We worry that we may run out of Halloween candy this Saturday due to the popularity of our neighborhood. He had one solution, that is, post the sign "Beware of H1N1..." on our front door.....
Thanks for stopping by!





13 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Oooh! Love your inspiration, Virginia! Such sweet Christmasy colors! And the card made from your leftovers is gorgeous, too. Now I'm inspired by YOU!

Dawn said...

Just a gorgeous cards Virginia....and the added bonus of have that lovely wrapping paper. Just awesome to have some lovely soft colours for Christmas

Kathy (krolski) said...

Funny story!! :) Love your cards with the pink and green trees!

Alice Wertz said...

love those beautiful soft colors for holiday cards, Virginia!!

AnitaRex said...

Virgina I love your new header! And that Dr John song is hilarious! So so funny!He should totally have that playing in the waiting room! Your cards are so pretty! I love where you found your inspiration and how pretty they are! Great colors! Oh and you made me laugh again with the way to make sure not to get too many trick or treaters!

Tiffany said...

LOVE your idea and isn't it great when inspiration just comes from the simplest of things that we notice! I love those cards, super colorful! O.M.G...you are sooo funny about the H1N1...maybe I will try that one if we run out of candy, I'm still laughing my head off....need to get a kleenex...still laughing! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Virginia! What DARLING cards! I really LOVE the colors that you've combined! You've chosen the PERFECT COLORS for these FUN, tree images!! Your design is also so DELIGHTFUL with the ribbon, too. These cards say, "DESIGNED BY VIRGINIA" over and over again! SO SWEET, SO YOU! Looks like you had a GOOD TIME creating them.
Love, Karen xo P.S. I LAUGHED SO HARD at your H1N1 sign idea! I might try that, too!

Susan McRae said...

Your inspired cards are wonderful in those spring shades! I like that you used paint on them, makes them feel like art!

Vanessa said...

These cards are masterpieces! Love your inspiration! The colours are lovely!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Heather Maria said...

Love your tags and card Virginia. The images look great done with the acrylic paints and the beautiful colours are so cheery. Dr John is so funny! So you and Dr John will be heading to the next Mika concert?!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE the Pastel Cards Virginia.....
Hope you have a Happy Halloween and do not run out of candy!!

Jane said...

I LOVE LOVE this project!!! Come by my blog.....I left you some lovin!

Stamping Cafe said...

Gorgeous cards and tags, Virginia!! Love the sweet pastel colors for Christmas!! Dr. John is too funny about the H1N1 sign, love that idea! :)