Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It's all about Ruffles...

 I was intrigued by the current  Moxi Fab Challenge. It's all about RUFFLES! How cool is that!?The challenge is to create a paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor, etc.) that incorporates some kind of ruffle. Here I used two types of very soft fabric/ribbons to create ruffles. I like how they add interest to the card. LOVE this challenge!



Stamps used: Hero Arts CG130 Three Butterflies
CL140 Thinking of You
K5185 Wallpaper Flower
Others: ribbons Adornnaments (EK Success)
Thanks for stopping by!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love this challenge so much, I made ANOTHER card with some kind of "ruffles"...
This card IS all about girlfriends....This card IS all about girlfriends....

Thank you, Cathy , who sent me this lovely Inkadinkado (Wackytac Friendship) stamp from UK. Cathy, I hope you are free from May 22-29, 2010...because I'm coming to London!!
I used the paper punch that Kathy gave me at the scrapbook retreat.  I also used her beautiful lilac wrapping paper as part of the card.
I LOVE my girlfriends!





13 comments:

Tomo H. said...

Hi, Virginia! This is so lovely! Your ruffles is amazing! Love how you stamped the wallpaper flower stamp with black ink! :)

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card, Virginia! Love the background and your ruffles are gorgeous!

Sarah M

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC card, Virginia! Glad to see you "branching out" and trying some other challenges! Your card is PERFECT and so are your RUFFLES! The colorful and SPARKLY butterfly image certainly stands out against your black stamped image. GREAT WORK!! Love, Karen xo

Jill said...

This is such a beautiful card!! I love the vibrant butterfly against the black and white background!! Thanks for sharing!

Vanessa said...

Oh, your ruffles are great, Virginia! Love how the coloured butterfly looks on this background!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Alice Wertz said...

wow! this is so pretty Virginia!!!!! love those colors!

Sanne said...

Such a beauty Virginia! Love that background ;-)

Tanya Rudd said...

I like how you used the ruffle idea in your card. Fantastic!
Hugs,
Tanya

Tiffany said...

Beautiful Virginia! Love what you did with the ruffles! And the background colors look great with the shading around the sides...so soft and lovely!

Susan McRae said...

Looks like you're using some new stamps Virginia! Very pretty card, love the butterfly colours!

Kathy said...

Stunning card Virginia!!!!! love the B&W background with the vibrant COPIC butterfly...you need more look at all the wonderful things u r coloring...love this elegant card
xo sista

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! Thanks for entering the challenge! :)

Heather Maria said...

Gorgeous card Virginia. Love the beautifully coloured butterfly against the b&w background. The ruffles look great too.