Friday, October 2, 2009

My First Encounter with ATC
What is ATC? ATC stands for Artist Trading Card. These little beauties measure 2.5″ x 3.5″ or 6cm x 9 cm, similar to baseball and playing cards. The purpose of ATC’s are to trade with other artists. They are really great to collect and display.This elephant ATC was featured in the Hero Arts Blog today as part of the weekly challenge. I was really wrecking my brain as to how to make an ATC. Never made one in my life! Luckily, I "happened" to have HA digit Kit (Free Friendship Definition) to start with. I distressed the definition and then cut out my favorite elephant images and added a few details. It looks so simple, but it does take some thoughts to plan out this little card. In hindsight, I think I could have improved it with more layerings and dimensions...but since it's my first, I shouldn't be so hard on myself (he-he).


I learned that if I can work well with the ATC, namely, if you can work within the tight space and you will still make a huge impact. With this practice, I should be able to plan out the space better with all the cards and layouts for scrapbooking. Something to work on. I'm sure these won't be the last few ATC I made. Consider it as a success!

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Love those little elephants, V! I'm so glad Hero Arts is introducing ATCs to the group, it's so fun to work on these little pieces of art.

Heather Maria said...

This is such a cute ATC Virginia. The colourful elephants are lovely and love that friends background. I'm enjoying making my first ATCs too!

Stamping Cafe said...

Love your ATC, Virginia!! Super duper adorable, love the background and the elephants!!

Arlene said...

I love the small working area... you did a fantastic job here. :)

Ashley M said...

Your little elephants made me smile! Very cute!

Katie-Rose said...

I hadn't tried ATCs before either Virginia, but I really like them. You can get so much design into such a small size!

I think I'm addicted to them!!

shuggy said...

nice job on your atc! i'm totally addicted to them. they are so fun!!

thanks for stopping by my blog! it's nice to meet you, too!

Tomo H. said...

Virginia, I loved to see this ATC on HA blog the other day!
Love all the pretty details! :)

Avital said...

Great ATC. I love these adorable elephants and the background is gorgeous!