Sunday, November 22, 2009

Card Patterns #42 and EtsyInspired #63

I love using sketch from Card Patterns. When I saw this sketch, I knew I have to have a go
Here's what I come up with. The bird cage image was stamped during our October Scrap retreat. What a fun time I had with Kathy, Tracey, Sarah and Karen. I stamped Kathy's bird cage stamp over the old Hero Arts thank-you text . I am happy to say that I also used the Stripe Circle for the background. I don't use it enough!

Here's another card I made for EtsyInspired challenge # 63 (see here)
I got my inspiration from Sleepless Imagination

I digged out my under-used HA Scattered Leaves, then I stamped and embossed in white and distressed it with Broken China, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick. I frame the image with Basic Grey paper.

Add the buttons and ribbons. Love those clear buttons!!These are such fun cards to make. Thank you for stopping by. I will announce my blog candy giveaway on Tuesday. Thanks so much for your sweet comments and support!

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are very beautiful Virginia!
marilynv19

Dawn said...

Great cards Virginia. love the cricle background embossing.

donna mikasa said...

Woo hoo! Beautiful cards, Virginia! You are on such a roll!
Love the Etsy inspired card--the ink distressing is awesome!!
And I love your new header! Wintery cute!

Lucy Abrams said...

Ooh Virginia these are gorgeous. Lovely inking, and embossing...

Cathy A said...

Virginia, these are lovely, I too forget that stiped scallop, you have reminded me to use it more often.

Anette H said...

Wow, these are beautiful!!!

paula said...

Your cards are always so beautifully done Virginia :D. I especially love the scattered leaves card.

Jane said...

Beautiful!!!

Lin said...

You have been busy! I like all of these cards, but my faves are the bookmarks! Just gorgeous!!

Lin said...

Ooooooops.....read FIRST, THEN comment! Sorry......I was trying and trying to figure out how you used the Scattered Leaves in that negative/positive image on the bookmarks.....am I forgiven? :))

Stamping Cafe said...

WOW, Virginia! Gorgeous cards, love the colors, the embossing, and the inking! Love your new banner! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Kathy said...

woo hoo these are awesome and so special and unique babycakes
hugs more later it's late..looks like a winner again 2 me

Alice Wertz said...

very lovely sketch card!! love the color on that one!! And the background on the second one is gorgeous!!! wow!!! beautiful distressing, Virginia!!!

Dwita said...

Very beautiful cards. You really managed to apply the sketches, Virginia..

Vanessa said...

Beautiful cards, Virginia! Love them both!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Vicky said...

Hi Virginia, thank you so much for all the nice comments on my blog! I just found yours and I love it! So inspirational and funny! I also put a link from my blog here!
Take care
Vicky

Heather Maria said...

Love your gorgeous cards Virginia!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love your cards Virginia, especially the inking. So pretty!

Susan McRae said...

Wonderful cards Virginia! Love the background on the etsy card!

Tiffany said...

Gorgeous, wow, really love the shading background on the 2nd card and the first card - ofcourse, I love the colors and the bird cage against the text paper makes a great collage!

whoistracy said...

What sweet cards! I love that birdcage on the first. I'm just across the border from you outside of Buffalo!!

Jill said...

WOW! Love that background with the scattered leaves. You've inspired me! :)

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful cards! Love both of them!

de said...

Virginia! Beautiful card! LOVE where your inspiration took you!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

fika said...

Virginia.. both your cards is so intrique and lovely.. but my faves is the second card.. looks like an opened book, so clever using your HA scattered leaves.. LOVE it!!!