Monday, November 23, 2009

Carrdvarks Challenge ( Color It )

I am intimidated about coloring. I think I didn't color enough when I was a child. Since I acquired a few copic markers through Kathy (who handpicked the colors for me), everything changed! I LOVE coloring now! When I saw the Carrdvarks challenge (see here), I knew I had to get my markers out to play. Thanks to the lesson from Kathy and advice from Donna, I can only get better :)

Stamps: HA Dancing Mouse, Raindrop Background, Months (Hero Arts FREE Digital Kit see here), brad (snowflake),copic markers,white Gel pen (American craft), MS glitter, Stickles, Glossy Accent (Ranger)

This is what I wrote in the Hero Arts Blog today: "I’m thankful for my supportive family and friends. They are the joys of my life and my source of inspiration .This past year I made so many wonderful friends through Hero Arts Flickr group. My family and I even got to meet some of these talented friends! It’s life-changing for me personally!! So THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart, Hero Arts!"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Dec, 2, 09 Update!! I am very thankful that this card received a shout out/HM at carrdvarks see Color It (winner).

25 comments:

Susan McRae said...

I don't see any reason to be intimidated Virginia, I think your colouring skills are wonderful on this cute card!

donna mikasa said...

Super cute, Virginia! Your coloring is awesome and I can tell that you love to color! I thought you put Glossy Accents on your mice! Love the highlighting!

Anette H said...

Coloring is so much FUN, I'm so glad you finally think so too! This card is corgeous, keep up the good work, my friend!! Hugs!!! :o)

Tiffany said...

Wow! Beautiful coloring Virginia, love your sweet team of skating mice!

Joan said...

Beautiful coloring, Virginia. Love your highlighting! Once you use Copic markers you become addicted! Love to use them.

Tracey said...

I am so with you on the Copics....ALL Kathy's fault!!! Virginia....your mice look FABULOUS!!!!! AMAZING colouring!!!xoxoT

Jenyfur said...

SO lovely!

Cathy A said...

Beautiful card Virginia, and fantastic colouring. Happy Thanksgiving

Dawn said...

Beautiful colouring in Virginia. I need lessons too.... but I think I need MORE copics first!!!! Love the colours you have done your little guys in..

Hope Jacare said...

A really lovely card - those mice are so cute! Thanks for popping by my blog - much appreciated! Cheers Claire x

Sanne said...

Love your skating mice Virginia - and I think your coloring is perfect!

Jill said...

Your coloring is fantastic! I am thankful for you and all of your kind comments and encouragement!

Alice Wertz said...

wow!! super coloring Virginia!!! With helps from masters like Kathy and Donna you will be the best in coloring in no time!!! I adore your adorable card!!!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful and love the adorable mice.

fika said...

wonderful coloring V.. ditto what Alice said, i have no doubt that you will be master in colors.. what i love the most in this card is YOUR COLORS!! Happy Thanksgiving V :)

moccavanila said...

So adorable,V! Your coloring are wonderful...!
Even in my country doesnt't have Thanksgiving celebration...but I'm so thankfull for you and all of your kindness...Happy Thanksgiving,V :)

Kelly Booth said...

So cute Virginia...I think you did a Super job!!
Love those Mice....

Lucy Abrams said...

Wow your colouring is AMAZING here Virginia - this card is sooo cute. Love the glossy shiny mice. They look very festive. Gorgeous card. xxx

Heather Maria said...

This card is adorable Virginia! Your colouring is wonderful and the glossy accents add such a lovely sheen to the cute mice. Love it!

Sue-ann said...

This is lovely!

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... super duper adorable, Virginia! What are you talking about???? Your coloring is fabulous, love it!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!! Big hugs!

Karen from MI said...

Hi Virginia! What a SWEET and COLORFUL card!! I LOVE your DARLING DESIGN! You make me want to get out my Nesties and start cranking out some FUN SHAPES. So many are inspired by YOU. Not only your CREATIVE and FUN SPIRITED cards, but also your KINDNESS in words.......THANK YOU for being the GENTLE SPIRITED person you are. Love, Karen xo

Kathy said...

wowowowowo love the glossy goodness here!!!!!!!! prefectably adorable babycakes
xo

Lea L. said...

So cute!!! Love the cheery colors! Great job with the Caardvarks challenge!

♥Lea

Patricia said...

Congrats on your card too is very cute i love it . Thanks for your comment. :)