Saturday, November 21, 2009

Dating 101

I know I'm not supposed to blog about it, but I can't help sharing the pure joy of being a Mom! Stephanie finally said YES to a boy who got up the courage to ask her out!! This is the 3rd one this year....Some of you may remember another boy who showed up at our door on Valentine's Day with his hand-made Origami paper flowers all beautifully tucked in the vase...Stephanie said no. I was as crushed as the boy! As I look back at my kids' photos and see how they have grown, it really amaze me in every way.


Here are the tips we have for Stephanie's night out on a dinner date.We called it "Dating 101". We thought LONG and hard over our dinner out last night. I hope these tips will come in handy.
~order the most expensive item and take just one bite
~slurp the soup as loudly as possible since you want him to know that you really enjoy the special meal together
~try to order food that requires dexterity to show off your table manners. Lobsters, pasta, crabs, oysters, chicken with bones are excellent choices.
~bring a bib (David's idea), a CUTE one, of course. After all, you don’t want the food to be wasted.
~put all the drinks in front of you and then “accidentally” tip them over...test his patience and tactfulness
~order all the desserts and take one bite on every item, then order one of your very favorite to enjoy
~make sure you have the next date set...nothing beats FREE food good company :)

Have fun, Stephanie!!

21 comments:

Tiffany said...

You ARE TOO FUNNY! Love the dating tips, except you know me, I would probably order the most expensive, and EAT IT ALL! LOL....love your pics of the kids when they were younger, David looks adorable in the baby photo, oh my gosh, do they like their younger photos? I love seeing the more personal side of you anytime!

Suzanne C said...

What adorable pictures. And now you know why she said no so many times.. She knew she would have to go through the dating 101 tips! Hee Hee... I hope she has a wonderful time and isn't too nervous.

Lin said...

Good post, Virginia!! Having 2 boys, I missed out on all this drama! LOVED seeing the old pics!!

Jane said...

You are so funny! Love the photos!!! You have such a loving family! I couldn't stop laughing about your husbands comment about my buttons!!! Just for that........I just might send you a few extra....for his shirts of coarse! ;)
xo

Dawn said...

I had a real giggle reading this post Virginia. Just so cute. I can remember my hubby's comments when our daughter starting going out..." what's his bank balance and are his parents wealthy?" - she's now 23 and engaged to be married next year!!!! so survived parental help with dating!!!

Sanne said...

loool....sweet mom! Lovely pictures of you and your family! Great dating tips.......

Nancy said...

What a lovely walk down memory lane with your adorable family....love your dating advice! My hubs fell in love with me when I wound up with sour cream on my nose on our first fancy date.

Alice Wertz said...

LOL! this is so fun to read Virginia!! you are such a cool mom!! Lucky Stephanie and David!! thanks for sharing those precious photos and the "awesome" tips!! =)

Carrie's Craft room said...

Thanks for sharing Virginia it will definately come in handy here, but I think I have a few years before I have to worry about this. I will keep that advise in the back of my head for my daughter.

de said...

Love your layout! Your kids are adorable! Stephanie definitely is going to have ALOT more boys wanting to enjoy your company! Oh to be young again! :-)

Cathy A said...

So funny Virginia.....she will certainly know if he likes her if she follws your tips...so funny!

Kathy (krolski) said...

LOL! Great tips! :) Love the old pics too. What a wonderful family you have!

Stamping Cafe said...

LOL! You are too funny, Virginia!! Adorable photos, you have such a wonderful family! So happy for Stephanie, she is a beautiful young lady! Thank you for sharing the tips! :) Hugs!!

Karen from MI said...

Hi Virginia! I thought for sure that I left a comment much EARLIER in the day!! Hmmmmmmmm! Anyway, HOW SWEET! Stephanie is lucky to have a family that cares SO MUCH ABOUT HER like each of you do! She is such a TREASURE and I LOVE your photos of the earlier days. Hope she had a FUN time, Virginia. We will all be anxiously awaiting to hear!! Love, Karen xo

Kathy said...

Yes Virginia there is a great....MOTHER!!!! Love your motherly tips Missy and the pics...you really are a great blogger!!!!! Your have the gift to gab..I really enjoyed this and all of your entries! Hugs, Kathy
Now you have to let us know about the date...muahahahha

donna mikasa said...

Oh, Virginia! Steph is such a lucky girl to have a cool mom like you!
Those dating tips are priceless! I'm sure the date will go fine and this one may be "the one"!

Jill said...

You are so funny! What a sweet post today- love the photos!

Tracey said...

Too funny V! Please update us on how the date went. Maybe Stephanie can add a post on the date LOL!!

Heather Maria said...

Thanks for sharing your adorable photos Virginia. I love those dating tips - so funny!We'll all be dying to know how Stephanie gets on and whether she used any of the tips!

Susan McRae said...

Fun family pics Virginia and love your dating tips, very funny!

fika said...

so funny, i can stop giggling reading your dating 101 tips.. can you believe it my first date is with my DH (Widya) on his birthday? wish i read your dating 101 tips at that time.. LOL!! keep us the update news about Stephanie's date V :D