Thursday, November 19, 2009

Etsy Inspired Challenge # 62

Since I started blogging in late September, I have been doing a lot more blog-hops! You never know what blogs will come your way and it truly is a surprise every corner you turn (or should we say...every click you make?). I came upon this EtsyInspired challenge (see here) the other day and I was immediately loving the site!

 So here's the rule: To play along with the challenge, all you have to do is go to the Quiltish by Allisa Jacobs shop (see here ) and pick an item to be inspired by. Create any item that you'd like and post a link to your creation on the EtsyInspired 62 post on the EtsyInspired Challenge blog. The deadline for the entries is Friday, Nov 20 by noon Pacific time. A winner will be chosen by random drawing and posted on the EtsyInspired blog that same day. This sounds like FUN. So I started looking through Allisa Jacobs shop and this Baby Bib Set- Green Apple Harvest gave me the inspiration....

I made a simple apple card. This gives me a good chance to practice my copic-marker coloring. I also used Prisma pencils for the light-colored apples.

When I made this card, I thought of my daughter Stephanie. Her first word was "A-pple JU" (that's all she said when she was two)! She loves all things apples and she wore MANY bibs like this one here when she was a toddler. I just love these images! Hope you enjoy the wholesome-looking APPLES bib and card!

21 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a cute story about the bib!! Love your apple card, the green you used really does reflect the true colors of granny smith apples, yum! Blog hopping can be truly addictive, hah? Wish there was more time in the day too to discover even more blogs! ;)

Cathy A said...

Virginia your copic colouring is awsome!! Love your card inspired by the bibs.

donna mikasa said...

Love your green apple inspired card! What a great challenge site!
Wonderful coloring and I love the highlights on the apples.....

Susan McRae said...

I came across the Etsy Inspired site a few weeks ago and have not gotten around to make a card for any of the challenges. So glad you did Virginia! Love the fresh green of your apple card and it goes perfectly with those bibs!

Karen from MI said...

What a GREAT card, Virginia! Looks to me like your apple design was actually printed on cardstock!! You really outdid yourself on this card! Stamping on the ribbon certainly added an extra-special nice touch, too. Love the colors that you chose, too. You are inpiring ME, Virginia. Oh, I loved reading about Stephanie as a little girl. I can just picture her looking/sounding SO PRECIOUS! Awwwwwww SWEET MEMORIES!
Love, Karen xoxo

Dawn said...

great card Virginia, Love the apples - great colouring

Alice Wertz said...

LOVE how you colored those apples Virginia!! wow! love it!!

Lin said...

I adore your green apple card, Virginia, and enjoyed the story behind it!

de said...

Such a great narrative! Your card is amazing! I love it! Made me go "awww" when I saw it! Perfection for that bib! Thanks so much for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Stamping Cafe said...

What a fabulous card, Virginia! Superb coloring on those apples, totally yummy! Love it!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for thinking of me. :)
To this day, I am proud to say that I still drink more apple juice than any other kind of juice! I don't know why I like it so much...it's just comforting I suppose. Great card too, you used my favourite shade of green!

Suzanne C said...

Adorable! Love the card and what a great spin on the isnpiration.

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is so cute! those apples look YUM! Thanks for playing the EIC challenge!

Kathy said...

Wow fantastic Virginia ..you apples are most impressive and they look good enough to eat..love the color..apple green so fresh and inviting! Hugs sista

ivy said...

you are so adventurous virginia! you are a pro at blogging now!
love the apple card and i wish my kiddos had that apple bib when they were in their drooling phase......

Heather Maria said...

Great card Virginia! Your colouring is brilliant and I love the way you mixed copics and pencil coloured apples. I was sure my kids first words would be Dada or Mama - but oh no it was wow wow (dog) for Mark and dirt (!) for Adam! It's funny the way Stephanie still loves apples/apple juice so much.

Vanessa said...

So yummy! Love this apple card - thanks for blogging about healthy food today ;)

Hugs,
Vanessa

paula said...

Virginia your story about the bib makes your card that much more special. Thanks for sharing the story. I have also nominated you for one or two blog awards, hope you don't mind.

Jill said...

I love, love, love your card! Your coloring is fantastic! It reminds me of a watercolored painting. Great story, too! :)

Anette H said...

Wow, those apples are gorgeous!!! So many different shades of that truly yummy green, and your coloring is great!

fika said...

first i thought it was PP V, your apples are so sweet. love all the greenie colors and your highlighting on it. love reading about story behind your card, what a sweet memories.. :)