Wednesday, November 18, 2009

MORE cookies, please!

I know I had to bake some cookies when Stephanie came home for the weekend. Apparently her friends were disappointed that she returned to school without bringing ANY cookies last time !! I'm glad that my cookies were missed. So this time I offered to make TWO kinds of cookies. I made a batch of Chocolate Chip-Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies from Martha Stewart Cookie book which I received as a birthday present last year. I know this will satisfy any craving as it is rich and substantial...See recipe here

I then chose to make Rosemary Butter Cookies as the taste is a little more sophisticated.



 It has this rich and fragrant buttery flavor, thanks to the fresh herb! Here is Rosemary Butter Cookies  recipe, see here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 I also accept the Me Me award from sweet Kiara. So I will reveal 7 secrets about me....( I think you know me so well by now)
1. I enjoy watching Masterpiece Theatre, Mystery...all British dramas. I can't get enough of Jane Austen's novels/TV movies!
2. I took up coffee habit after my 2nd child David was born. Thanks to him, I realized that I definitely need a coffee break while he was in pre-school!
3. When I was in junior high school through university, I entertained my classmates by impersonating teachers, singers, actresses...even political figures!
4. The first dish I ever cooked for myself was scrambled eggs and hot dog (yes, together!)! Let's just say....I didn't know any better.
5.My first date movie with Dr. John was "The Return of the Jedi".
6. I can be careless in my driving, yesterday I just bumped the side view mirror into the garage door...luckily the car is 15-years old. I don't feel so bad!
7. When I was little, it was my dream to become a TV news anchorwoman.
If you are still reading about me, I congratulate you for not falling asleep :)

(Photo credit to Stephanie who ate the cookies ...)


19 comments:

Vanessa said...

How romantic - "The Return of the Jedi"!! Well, better than "Exorcist", I believe that this was the first date movie of my parents ;) (after having dinner in a chinese restaurant). I can imagine you being a TV news anchorwoman!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Alice Wertz said...

LOL!! "The return of the Jedi" must have been an awesome first date movie since you decided to stick with Dr. John and is living happily with him!!1 =) You really made me drool this time, my shirt front is so wet!!!! thanks for the recipes, we'll give them a try!!

donna mikasa said...

Nice to know more about you, Virginia! Steph's friends are so lucky to have your homemade cookies! And thank you for the recipes! Yummmm!

Dwita said...

It's good to know more about you, Virginia... I shall try the oatmeal cookies. Thanks for the recipe... So yummy.... I can imagine you on AFC tv channel, cooking these cookies, just like Nigella...

Kelly Booth said...

YUM!!! i might have to give those butter cookies a whirl...they look so YUMMY!!! fun to know a few things about you......

Kathy (krolski) said...

Thanks for the recipes! Your daughter and her friends are lucky people getting all those cookies! Love your 7 things too! Scrambled eggs and hot dogs, funny! You'd be a great anchor woman!

Karen from MI said...

YOU ARE WAY TOOOOOOOO FUNNY, Virginia! Great food photos, too. I can "taste" your delicious cookies just from the pictures. Stephanie and her friends sure are LUCKY!!! It's always FUN to hear/read more interesting tidbits about your life!! Hope you have a FUN-FILLED DAY, Virginia. I may just try one of the recipes soon. Love, Karen xo

Tiffany said...

Love the close-ups of the cookies, delicious in every way Virginia, your daughter is lucky to have such a good baker! Now isn't that funny, I would say that over 10 years ago, I too, bumped my car coming into the garage - thank goodness it was a hand-me-down very old car...lol! My DH thinks it's weird that I eat rice with hotdogs V! Love reading about you, you're hilarious!

Jill said...

I loved reading about you and those cookies look delicious! Even though I've never met you I can just tell that you have such a zest for life and love for your family. So glad that you share with all of us on your fun blog! Now, I'm off to rummage around my kitchen to see if we have some cookies! :)

Suzanne C said...

Yummy cookies! They look delicious and love to learn the little facts about you!

Susan McRae said...

Fun to know a few more things about you Virginia! (so glad your culintary skills are way past eggs and hot dogs!). Thanks for sharing some yummy recipes!

Lin said...

That was fun, Virginia! Only problem is that now I need one of each of those cookies! They both sound yummy! And I loved reading more about you! Thanks!

ivy said...

what's wrong with hot dogs & scrambled eggs??
thanks for letting us get to know you a little more! now...i gotta get my 7 onto my blog!

Tracey said...

I'm drooling right now and not a cookie in the house!!!!! AHHHHHHHH! Please send some up north lol! I know a lot about you already, but a few tid bits more is always fun, thanks for sharing V!

Stamping Cafe said...

LOL, you are too funny Virginia!! Love reading more about you!! Thank you so much for playing along!

Nothing wrong with hot dogs and scrambled eggs, I have hot dogs with rice! :)

Your cookies look so yummy, wish I can have some too! :) Stephanie's friends are so lucky! BTW, love Stephanie's Vulcan custom! I can't image my girls growing out of princess customs, they are growing way too fast for me!

nancy demond said...

Great looking rosemary cookies. I will try them for Christmas, thanks for the recipe. Like the new photo of you and John in AK. BTW we picked up Tim's new Toyota Tundra today. Beautiful truck. Remember how excited you were to get your new Lexus?

Dawn said...

My goodness.... what delicious looking cookies... can I came stay with you? Thanks for linking the recipes. I might even try them myself!!!! Still think it would be nice to come to your place for them though1111

Heather Maria said...

Visiting your blog is sooo bad for my waistline Virginia!! I know I won't be able to resist trying out these recipes. Your cookies look so yummy!It was fun reading seven more interesting things about you.

fika said...

gooosh you always make me smile and love to read about you more and more.. your cookies make me drooling, i love cookies but all of them is from supermarket (not a homemade one)!
we watched "50 first date" on my first date with Widya, since that time i figured out that i also have STML syndrome LOL :D