Saturday, November 28, 2009

One butterfly, Two cards!

I wanted to make something with the butterflies from the Hero Arts Cling stamps. Once I started to color them, I couldn't stop...so I made these for two chellenges. First, it  is for Caardvarks Challenge (color It). Take Two!


The background of the butterflies was embossed in clear and then distressed with TH Broken China. The butterflies was embossed in white on grey paper and then colored with copic markers. I used Glossy Accent to give the butterflies the shine after coloring.
S4878 Old Letter Writing, CG130 Butterflies, CL140 Thinking of you, CL288 Scallop Border                   

And here's one I made for EtsyInspired Challenge #64. All you need to do is shop at Barefoot Weaver and look for images that inspires....Here's the image for my inspiration:

I made this card by mimicking the colors and texture...I happen to have the ribbons that look just a bit like the fabric. Instead of buttons, I used brads for the similar look. I also used the glitter for the butterfly, but I didn't like it as much.


Thanks so much for visiting!

22 comments:

Tracey said...

Gorgeous cards V!!! WOW you are on a roll with your beautful glossy butterflies!!!

Avital said...

Gorgeous cards!

fika said...

my goodness.. both of your butterfly cards are so wonderful.. my fave is the first one.. your coloring is terrific V!! LOVE it! :)

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

WOW! Your cards are amazing! Thank you so much for playing along with the EtsyInspired challenge, it means a lot to me!

Stamping Cafe said...

WOW, Virginia!! Gorgeous cards, love the color combo and your butterflies are just drop dead gorgeous!! Love them!

Alice Wertz said...

wow! your butterfly cards are gorgeous Virginia!!! so so so pretty! LOVE the distressed background and the glossy butterflies on the first one!!! amazing!!!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Wowzers Virginia! I LOVE the colors on the first card:) So bright, happy, cool, moxie and gorgeous!!!!!! Love it! Did I say that? I'll it again.. LOVE it!

Gorgeous gorgeous creations.

Sanne said...

You did some wonderful butterflies card here Virginia - so very elegant!
Great new blog header too.

Dwita said...

Wow!! Virginia, pretty coloring on both butterflies.. New blog header, too. Like the apple. Who has bitten it a bit?

Susan McRae said...

Fantastic butterfly cards Virginia! Love the texture from the embossing and the ribbon on the second card! You're on a butterfly roll!

Cathy A said...

Beautiful cards Virginia, you are rocking!

Lin said...

Such lovelies, both of them!! All of the butterflies are gorgeous!!

Jill said...

AMAZING! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your glossy butterflies! Fabulous cards!

Nancy said...

Wow, wonderful originality on these gorgeous cards. Your butterflies are so pretty!

Vanessa said...

These cards are so fab! Love the butterflies and the colours you chose!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Courtney Baker said...

Wow so cute. I love the embossing!

Tiffany said...

These are beautiful Virginia, really love the look and what you did with the butterflies on each card!!

donna mikasa said...

Amazing butterflies! Love the glossiness on all of them..they add so much to the cards!

Suzanne C said...

Both cards are soo beautiful. I love the glossy butterflies too! The color combinations are so light and lovely.

Clare said...

Wow! This is absolutely STUNNING! Love it, Virginia! :)

de said...

Oh wow! These are amazing! I particularly love the first one!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Heather Maria said...

Wonderful cards Virginia! Love them both. Your glossy butterflies look amazing.