Thursday, November 5, 2009

owl card...award and my little win :)

It's fun to make a card based on sketches. Here's a challenge from Card Pattern. I made an owl card based on this sketch
This is What I come up with...
HA stamps: D5217 Big Hoot, F5233 Scallop Circle, K5103 Woodgrain Circle, CL173 Simple message, copic markers
Others: raffia and buttons, Glossy Accents
ADDED NOTE: The owl card made it into Super Six!! See here. YAY!!
I also want to thank Jane who gave me this award. See her blog  here. I'm so happy that my blog make her smile.
I have to write 5 things about myself and pass it on to 5 people who make me smile!
1. I was born and grew up in the southern part of Taiwan and came to Canada in 1984 for post graduate studies. In the summer 0f 1983, I met Dr. John from Canada.
2. My major in university was German and I completed a Master's degree in Education in U. of Ottawa.
3. I didn't learn cooking till I got married. I mistook Perogis for Chinese Dumplings in the frozen section at the supermarket when I first came to Canada.
4. I'm petrified about mice (any rodent)! I just dreamt about it (ew!!) last night and woke up... What a nightmare!
5. It took me 4 tries to get my driver's license! I'm good and comfortable in driving now. However, I dented Dr. John's then Camaro shortly after I got my license! The fire hydrant "moved" up to me all of a sudden...
 from here: I passed this award to
These ladies amaze me with their words, cards and talent! Do check them out :)
I'm also happy to find out that I won 2nd place for the Hero Arts Simple Holiday Challenge with this card. 
Thank you so much for stopping by!













25 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Congrats on your HA win, Virginia! That pine bough just went on my wish list. And that owl card is just too cute--great sketch design! So fun to get to know more about you, and I love the perogi vs. wun ton tale!

whoistracy said...

Gorgeous!! I love that fun owl on your first card- he just puts a smile on my face.

Avital said...

Thank you so much for your award. I'm speechless.

I really love your cards you are very talented and well deserve the win. Have you decided what you're getting with the prize? :)

Alice Wertz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alice Wertz said...

big congrats on your 2nd place win (sorry for the mistake earlier...) Virginia!! that's a beauty of a card!! you owl card is so cute! thanks for sharing your 5 things about you! I could read more!! I wish it wasn't limited to just 5!!

dstandard said...

What an adorable - card and congrats!

Dawn said...

Well done on your win at HA Virginia and the wonderful award.... nice to get to know something about you.
Love the owl card. Very cute

Jill said...

Congrats on your HA win-- well-deserved!!! I love the fun colors of your owl! Great job with the sketch!

Kathy said...

Big congrats Babycakes and love your newbie owl card!!!!! The GA looks fantastic on the owl and you have really done the sketch justice!!!!!!!
Thanks so much for this award...I accept with love!
Hugs,Kathy
4 times...wow cool story

Dwita said...

Congrats Virginia. You deserve it. Your card is simply simple.... Enjoy the stamps...

Vanessa said...

Ah, just read about your win on the blog!! Congratulations, Virginia! So well deserved, I am happy for you! Love your owl card, it`s gorgeous!!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Kelly Booth said...

Congrats on your Win Virginia...super Card!!!
Fun to know a little more about you.....
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hi Virginia! WOW! Some things that I never knew about YOU! HOW FUN and SWEET! I also LOVE your DARLING owl card. You sure have a way of being CREATIVE with paper and images. You amaze me, always! I need to learn from you on making FUN cards............I'm SMILING BIG.
Love, Karen xo

Dwita said...

Virginia, thanks for stopping by in my blog. Your blog and other blogs are in "Adorable blogs" on the right side on my blog... ;-p. So that I can know what you have made... Thanks for inspiring me..

Susan McRae said...

Congrats on your win at HA Virginia! Very cute owl card! Love the shine on him! And thanks for the Making Smiles Award, it's fun getting to know more about you!

Jane said...

Gorgeous card!!! And you are so funny! loved reading the 5 things about you!! I find mice cute!! lol

Kathy (krolski) said...

Congrats on your HA win Virginia - what a great card! Love your story about the fire hydrant. :)

TRace said...

Big Congrats V!!! So well deserved!!! Thanks for sharing the driving story AFTER I have ridden in the car with you!!! LOL!!!! xoxox

Tiffany said...

Such a sweet owl card and I love all that glaze on the body, did you use Utee? Great shine! Congrats again on your win at HA!!

Heather Maria said...

Big congrats on your win Virginia - your Christmas card is fantastic! Love your super cute owl card too. It was fun reading the 5 things about you. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Karen from MI said...

Hi Virginia........just TESTING something out.......LOVE YOU. Karen xo

Stamping Cafe said...

Congratulations on your HA win, Virginia! The holiday card is totally gorgeous, love it! Love your super duper cute owl card too!!

Glad to know a little bit more about you, thank you for sharing!

fika said...

So happy for your win V.. congratulations! :) love the jumping owl's card.. i always love your style.. so cheery and happy! Always makes me smile :)

Tomo H. said...

WOW! Virginia, Congratulations!!!
The owl card is so cute and the holiday card is beautiful - this one is really classy, I love this so much. Really grad to know you won the 2nd place at HA.
(I didn't visited there at all lately. - both blog and pool.)
And thanks so much for this award to me! You dented Mr.J's Camaro!? Haha.

Once again, thanks so much, Virginia! And so sorry for my slow access here. Probably the publish of your comment you left me on my blog would be delayed, I guess.
I've been spending busy days, and I stayed the place where the conection of the internet was too bad for biz-trips (This time was for taking films.)
I want to look at other posts here, but I have no time, 'cos I have a reservation of this evening's flight to move for working. So I'll come here again.

Have a beautiful weekend and the next week! :)
Hugs, Tomo

Kit said...

Your christmas card is superb I love it