Friday, November 27, 2009

Tuesday's Triggers and COOKIES!

My "attempt" at Tuesday's Triggers (either I posted too late or entered it in the wrong category!!) at Moxie Fab World. Here's the image of Scrap Buster Fall Pillow that inspired me....

I dug out the Scroll Tree and just played with it. It wasn't what I set out to make, but this is the result.



So then this reminds me of something.... Have you ever had the time that you set your heart out to do your project/card/page/cooking/whatever and then they turn out not quite what you had expected...?! Well, I have many moments of those! Almost all the time I would be frustrated, mad...or even ashamed, especially when I posted a crappy FINE card and cringed and prayed that nobody complained: "Oh....what is Virginia thinking?". After all that process, THEN I would laugh at the boo-boos beautiful mistakes and move on... I think that's what made us GOOD (or" improve", which is the right word grammatically)!


 I'm parting with this FUN image for you. These cookies are the masterpiece of my ULTRA talented friend Kathy Racoosin (see The Daily Marker here). With Kathy's permission and my honor of her copyright, I  share these cookies with you! Kathy was SO absorbed in her digital projects for Two Peas in a Bucket that she got mixed up with the timing for the cookies! This photo always brings me a smile :) A bit of "Schadenfreude", huh?  I feel sorry for the bottom middle cookie (LOL)! We simply can't be good at everything every time, right?
Let's hope we can turn them to these ones! I have lots of practice now :)

Have a Chocolate Chip Cookie Day, everyone!

21 comments:

Tracey said...

LOVE your card V! Perfect take on the trigger! Oh my....those cookie pictures are too funny!I think I could of are the row on the far right of Kathy's batch!

Nancy said...

What a sweet card Virginia! I'm feeling a bit inspired by your inspiration too, I may have to be stamping some pretty trees.
I know what you mean about the final outcome not being exactly what you set out to make...happens to me every time!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome card!!

Susan McRae said...

The tree card is so pretty Virginia! Love the soft and dreamy background colours with the white embossed tree. Reminds me of a watercolour painting.

The cookie photo is too funny, probably wasn't funny at the time for Kathy!

You are not alone in thinking that things don't turn out how you want them too. I'm sure that happens to me 99% of the time in cardmaking but it's definitely a learning experience!

Alice Wertz said...

gorgeous background, Virginia!! wow! love those colors you used! a beauty!! Thanks for sharing the fun story of Kathy's cookies!! too funny! This post really brightened my day!! Thanks Virginia!! =)

Jill said...

Virginia- I just love your tree card! It might be one of my favs of yours.. :) Love your cookie story too!

Vanessa said...

Love your Tuesday Trigger card!!! Beautiful! Fun to see Kathy`s cookies! Is it really "Schadenfreude" in English, too??? So interesting that there are so many German words!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Anette H said...

Wow, I think your card came out GREAT, no matter what you pictured in your head before you started!!!

Virginia L. said...

Thanks, everyone, for your sweet comments. I always love to hear from you!

~Vanessa, it is more and more common to use German in English now. Words like Ueber (Ueber-cool), Environmentlly-friendly(umweltfreundlich ) , Schadenfreude(gloating at somebody else’s bad luck: malicious or smug pleasure taken in somebody else’s misfortune) are more widely acceptable in literature or in newspaper now. Since my major was German, I LOVE to use German when I see fits. Thanks for noticing!

Kelly Booth said...

Love your card Virginia...great inspirational card!! The cookie thing is too funny...poor Kathy....

Deirdre said...

Love your Tuesday Trigger card - beautiful. Enjoyed your post too.

Dwita said...

Love your card, Virginia....

Tiffany said...

Too funny about the cookies! Virginia, your card looks exactly like your inspiration! WOW, totally love the soft colors and that tree is one my fav stamps, whohooo! Happy Saturday and looking forward to catching up with all of your projects!

Deanna said...

Your card is beautiful!

lynn said...

what a wonderful tree!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely card! I love how you interpreted the trigger. Such a pretty background. The cookies made me laugh. (I have many cookies that look like that!) Even my poor pork chops got that look due to me stopping in my craft room.

Karen from MI said...

Oh Virginia! How SPECIAL! I love that you worked in Kathy's cookies, too. POOR Kathy! I really liked your little tree card and what you were inspired by. SO SWEET. I must tell you Virginia, I ALWAYS find your cards so filled with YOUR HAPPY PERSONALITY. You make the most DELICIOUS COOKIES, too!! You sure are TALENTED, Virginia...................hope you're having a GREAT DAY! Love, Karen xo

Karen B. said...

Neat card and interpretation of the sketch, it is so calming.

Sharron said...

Great intrepretation--love your card!

Cath said...

Hey Virgina! Ueber cool take on this week's Tuesday Trigger! ;) Thanks for playing along! :)

...and for the record, I thrive on moments where what I set out to do turned into something completely different. That's what makes life so much fun! I'm glad to know I'm in good company on this aspect of my life! :)

Heather Maria said...

Wow love your gorgeous card Virginia! Beautiful background and embossing and I love the fallen leaves. What a funny cookie story! But I bet Kathy's digital projects turned out wonderful!