Thursday, November 12, 2009

The LU Cookies!!

A very glittery card I made for the Hero Arts glittery challenge.

How cool is it to have your favorite product with YOUR own last name on it!!! This is it for me :)
I love the Lu cookies! No, I don't own the comapny ( how I wish!!). This French company (see here)call their LU cookies the Chic Little Biscuit. Gotta love that! The story behind the cookie company is that it all began in 1850, two young French bakers fell in love, married, and began creating exquisite biscuits together, which they proudly imprinted with their two initials, LU. Their passion for fine ingredients and distinctive, original biscuits inspires every LU we bake today. In the official website, they even teach you "how to speak Lu".  Love that tutorial!!
My family and I had a week-long trip to Paris in May,2008. It was a trip of a life time! We spent half a day shopping in the most ritzy Galeries Lafayette. Isn't it GRAND?

While we went to the lower floor for some gourmet food, there they were- a wall of LU cookies! I just had to take a picture!!

From there, I also saw these...

It was close to Mother's Day at the time, so here's a cake for Mom!!
Love the cakes with the fresh strawberries.....does that give you some inspiration for yummy cards??

Aren't they amazing!? I can't go back to Paris in a cinch, but I know if I crave something sweet and French, the LU Cookies from my supermarket will always satisfy me...well almost!

17 comments:

Tracey said...

GORGEOUS photos and card V!!! Everytime I'm in the grocery store and see the LU cookies I think of you sista!!

Susan McRae said...

Oh, the desserts look so scrumptious and beautiful!

Jane said...

I didn't know LU was a big thing?? We have it here in Croatia.....I figured it was like any other brand.......gotta try me some!!
Adorable card!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, this is such a fun post, Virginia!! I've never heard of LU cookies...we do have Australia's Tim Tams, though. They must be yummy like your cards!!

Sanne said...

uhhhhh yummy cakes! Love your card, too!

Alice Wertz said...

thank you for sharing those yummy photos Virginia! love the store about the Lu cookie company! your card looks pretty yummy, too!!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love your card Virginia and the pics are great! Thanks for sharing the LU story.

Kelly Booth said...

Lu Cookies and Spangler Candy Canes...wonder if their is a yummy with the name Booth??? LOL!
Yummy pictures V...thanks for Sharing!!

Dawn said...

I laughed at this one Virginia. Your very own cookies... lovely photos of all those wonderful cakes. Mini art forms on their own.

Lin said...

Never heard of these, but I'll have to start looking around here for them! Great story, Virginia, and pretty card!

Jill said...

Love your glittery card and your post has me craving some sweets!!

AnitaRex said...

Cute card! Love the cookies and it looks like you had a great trip!

Tiffany said...

Ding ding ding, I'm giving this another try, I commented then my computer went beserk on me and it disappeared! My mom used to buy loads and loads of Lu cookies when I was very young Virginia! All the way back in the 70's - that was her bread and butter...lol! Pun fully intended! She just loved that decadent and rich, thick amount of butter that all these cookies had! It still has the same amazing taste today - although I don't eat it quite as much! Thanks for sharing the lovely goodies and pastries too!

Vanessa said...

Oh, no, pleeeease stop sharing photos of those yummy yummy yummy pastries! Now I have to go and eat sweets! Droool. Your card is super!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Linda aka Oz said...

I have a plumbing part with my last name on it... sigh
Lovely card V and thank you so much for sharing all those calorie ridden pics of yours. Hugs, Oz

ivy said...

i will always check your blog first when i need a food fix!
i've tried LU before & they are yummy. i remembered when their cookies came in tins & i saved them to put my "treasures" in. now i just recycle & alter cookie & tea tins as an adult!

fika said...

i've never heard about LU cookies before, now i'm interested and will try to search it here.. :) last time i heard that in Japan there's also a magz named fika, but i never seen it.. LOL :)