Wednesday, December 23, 2009

EBTK Challenge (Sketch #2 )

I love sketch challenges... but this time the challenge for me is to find time to create in the midst of holiday, getting ready for a vacation to the Caribbean (YES!!!) and sending out those Christmas cards/gifts that I had prepared. I am still amazed at responses and comments from the Hero Arts Blog Hop that took place just a few days ago. I will never forget this awesome experience!! So finally I found a few minutes and saw the sketch at EBTK (see here). I didn't want to miss out!

I made this card based loosely on the sketch. I turned the sketch clockwise and just went from there... If there's any downfall to this is that I wish I could follow more strictly with the sketch, but I decided to post it anyways.


Hero Arts stamp: H5328 Row of Houses, PapertreyInk (Everyday Buttons Bits), HA buttons, small flower punch
Thanks for stopping by. I want to thank my friend Kathy R.who sent me this Papertrey Stamp set (see here) for my birthday! I abosolutely LOVE the thoughtful gift that she gave me! I hope you enjoy this fun and wild ride as I did this year. This hobby of mine really took me to places and help me meet /make friends from near and far!
Enjoy the ride!

17 comments:

Mary Dawn said...

i have a hard time sticking to sketches too, but i think you did a bang up job, love that button bicycle

Kathy (krolski) said...

What a great card Virginia! Love the buttons for tires. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and a great time in the Carribean!

Susan McRae said...

Fun bicycle card and the ghost-like stamping of the houses is cool! I can't wait to see the fab cards you're going to make with that PTI stamp set Virginia!

linda said...

Beautiful! I love that you turned the circles into the buttons for the bicycle...so cool!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Oh I think it is great! Such a cute and clever card! Thanks so much for playing with our challenge! :)

Marlene & George said...

Such a wonderful card Virginia... love the button wheels. And what a fantastic stamp set....

Alice Wertz said...

LOVE your take on the sketch, Virginia! I love giving sketches a little twist, too! awesome card and I LOVE it!! =) Wish you and yours a Happy Holiday!

dustypenny said...

It is lovely, Virginia! Enjoy the holiday!

Kathy said...

Hey Sista...I think this set had your name written all over it!!!! Love the card you created and it's perfect for the sketch..love how you pared the houses with the bike...prefecto!!!!! Love the grass, your "street" and the scattered flowers. I hope this places cause it sure is purty enough!!!! Merry Christmas and have an awesome trip!!!!!! Hugs,Kathy
Are you taking stamped images??? Copics????? Cookies
muahahah

AnitaRex said...

Cute card Virginia! Such a great take on the sketch! Have a great holiday season! And such a good hot vacation!

Dwita said...

Yes, Virginia. I agree with you. I also enjoy sketch challenges. Your card is so cool... Love the bike stamp with the buttons for the tires. What an idea.
Have a fabulous sunshine vacation, Virginia.
Hugs,
Dwita.

Karen from MI said...

HOW SWEET, Virginia! I LOVE what you've done with the "Row of Houses" stamp! NOW THAT IS CLEVER and CREATIVE to the MAX!!! I'm so impressed that you've got all of these things going on and you have time to make a SUPER CARD! I am IMPRESSED and also INSPIRED. CUTE bike stamp image, too. Sure hope your trip is FUN and RELAXING. I'll be excited to see some NEW INSPIRATION when you come home, PLUS lots of photos!
Merry Christmas, Virginia, Dr. John, Stephanie AND David. STAY SAFE!
Lots of Love, Karen

Tiffany said...

This is so lovely, I've been wanting to buy the little bits and the holiday bits set for some time now, but never got around to it!! By the time I do, it will be so old...lol!! I love the way you did your bike scene beneath the row of houses, soo cute Virginia!!

Jill said...

Love this card! You are soooo creative- I am in awe! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a FABULOUS trip with your family. Enjoy the warm weather, my friend! Merry Christmas!

Courtney Baker said...

Oh I love this! I love how you created your own look with the sketch!

Thanks so much for playing with us!

shelly said...

Super cute Virginia! Hope you have a great vacation!

Suzanne C said...

very cute! Love the button wheels!