Friday, December 4, 2009

EBTK Challenge #4 and Lucy's #2

I love the challenges at Everything but the Kitchen Sink challenge #4.  This challenge requires to use a toothpick on the card/page.
 I made an umbrella card with toothpick before, I want to make another one with a different twist. So I used a toothpick as the handle of the umbrella and added a few things.... This is what I came up with.

It took me a long time to get the right umbrella for the elephant. She has to travel in STYLE! I used the Stripe Circle and stamped it in criss-cross way. I then run it with CB (Swiss Dot) and highlighted some of the dots in brown! I think this card is great for anyone who needs a little encouragement (like a Mom? or a friend?). Since Lucy's challenge's theme is wings and strings (see here ) I think this card fits the theme too! Yay! Thank you, Lucy, for hosting such a FUN challenge !

Stamps used : Stripe Circle, Modern Line, Elephant Others: twine, ribbons, CB (label 8), embossing powder, TH distress Ink, HA gems, small flower punch (for the rain drops), heart brad
I'm going to bake some more for David's party tomorrow (18 teenagers as of the last count) at my house . I'm also contributing cookies to Stephanie's party in her college....yup, I will be busy! AND we'll have a little celebration for my upcoming birthday.  Have a great weekend everyone!

22 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

So cute Virgina! I love it!

Avital said...

Awww, this is soooo cute!

Susan McRae said...

Love this card Virginia, it's so fun and the elephant is very stylish in it's pink outfit! I'm not even sure how you made all those tiny raindrops, but it looks like you need nerves of steel for that!

Dawn said...

Virginia - this is so clever. Love the little birds on top of the elephant. And he looks like he's tightrope walking .... not sure if that was intentional...

Lin said...

You always have the best ideas!!

Alice Wertz said...

too cute! too cute!! LOVE this Virginia!!! you are a genius!! love how you use those stamps so creatively!!

Karen B. said...

Such a nice and bright card and perfect for anyone that needs encouragement. There are so many little details on this card, that everytime I look at it I find something different. I like the challenges too over at Everything but the Kitchen Sink, and they really are challenging. Very neat blog title too!

Jill said...

WOW, WOW, WOW! I love this! So impressive! As always, I love all of the thought and details you put into your cards! This one is a stunner (and so cute, too!)!

Tiffany said...

Beautiful card, I love how you were able to work all the elements in for both challenges! You will be a busy girl...ENJOY your b-day celebration, take a break from the computer and just put up your feet...well at least until the 18 kids have been fed! ;) Have fun!

Stamping Cafe said...

Wow, Virginia! How clever is this, super duper adorable!

Have a fabulous Birthday celebration!! Enjoy and have fun!! Hugs!!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Virginia, This elephant card is wonderful. Actually, all of your creations are wonderful and you have very good ideas.

moccavanila said...

This is brilliant !!! Just love your card! Super adorable!

Suzanne C said...

Such lovely details on this adorable card. My favorite is the little rain drops you added. The perfect touch to a cute and stylish umbrella.

Laura.K said...

So sweet. I love your card. Very stylish that umbrella.

Jane said...

ADORABLE! love it!

Anette H said...

Oh, you are just sooo creative!! Love this cute scene!

shelly said...

Virginia

This cards is super cute!!!

Barbara said...

This is adorable! I love the umbrella and the raindrops are pretty awesome!I love the whole scene!
:-) Barbara

Winter said...

So cute! I love the umbrella! Thanks for playing with us in the challenge! :)

Clare said...

Amazing - I could not for the life of me figure out how to use that challenge in a card...just shows how creative-less I am. ;) The card is adorable.

~kelly marie~ said...

This is beyond adorable! WOW! Just the cutest thing ever!

Thank you so much for playing along with us at EbtKS! :)

Lea L. said...

Oh my goodness...this is darling!!! Just love it! Great job with the EBTKS challenge!

♥Lea