Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Keeping up with the "traditions"...

Since my kids started in preschool, I started baking Christmas cookies as our gifts to the teachers. Over the years, I got ambitious some times and one year I made 12 kinds of cookies and squares....and then the kids grow older and now there's just one in high school. Here' the making of the Chocolate Tarts.

 I thought maybe it is time to stop. Do high school teachers really want cookies (heehee)!? My son David still insists in giving all his teachers the cookies. So there goes my12 days of baking -on and off. Today I finally finished making them! Phew! Now I can concentrate on something that's more important...stamping!
I made Christmas Shortbread, Pecan Almond Squares, Lemon Squares, Chocolate Chip Oatmeal and Chocolate Tarts....Keeping it simple is hard to do! 



Here are the goodies....I used the plate that a friend who kindly sent it to me for my birthday. She loves hearts and flowers...and she is close to my heart. So you-know-who gave me this BEAUTIFUL metal plate all the way from Ohio! Isn't it lovely?

And now I will present the goodies to David's 8 teachers. My tags are super simple. I must say after spending much time baking, I simply ran out of mojo to make tags. Have fun with the baking if you are planning to do so this holiday...Thanks for dropping by! Feel free to claim a cyber cookie :) All recipes are from Martha Stewart Website and blog!

23 comments:

moccavanila said...

Aw...Look so yummy,V! I'm so jealous with David's teacher ...LOL!

tortagialla said...

Oh my gosh...you are amazing!!! I love edible gifts...hehe, so yummy! I think that's the best gift, from the heart and handmade...woohoo!

Lin said...

These are PERFECT teacher gifts! Hope David gets some "brownie points"......har-de-har-har!!! They look wonderful on that plate ;)

Barbara said...

Lucky,lucky teachers!Your baking looks delicious and the tags are so cute!
:-)

Tiffany said...

Oh, you're bad, quite tempting me Virginia!! Love your baking stories, it's always nice to give to teachers - they are such good people and do so much for our children!

Kelly Booth said...

Yummy Virginia...I need to start my baking too if I can fiind the time!! Why is it always so BUSY in December!!!

Kathy (krolski) said...

These look delicious Virginia! I'm claiming more than one cyber cookie! :)

Susan McRae said...

If I was a teacher I would definitely love to receive home-baked goodies! They all look yummy Virginia!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Ilove your energy, Virginia! I need to get busy and start with the Christmas thing! Shopping, baking, and maybe getting the tree up would be a good start! These look so yummy! Who wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of these goodies!
marilynv19

GrammySue's Creations said...

Yum, Yum. All the cookies look delicious.

Cathy A said...

Chocolate and lemon two of my favorite flavors......these look positively scrumptious, does David need a remote teacher for craft...i'm volunteering!

Nancy said...

Oh Yummy....thanks Virginia, that's all the motivation I need to get on with the cookie baking!!! Your tags may be simple but you still took the time to cut out all those cute little birds, kudos for that!

Stamping Cafe said...

WOW, Virginia! They look so yummy, I can smell them! :) Lucky teachers to receive those yummy gift!

Kathy said...

Yeowww Wow sista!!!!!! I guess it's good David still wants to take to his teachers..my kiddos don't ...more time for stamping but, it's good if they think of their teachers...lol
yes,,,my mouth is watering yummo
thanks for sharing
hugs sista
me

Alice Wertz said...

David's teachers are sooooo lucky! those looks so delicious... i bet they ARE delicious.... I want some, too Pleeeeeeease!! =)

Karen from MI said...

BEAUTIFUL and YUMMY all in one! What a WONDERFUL, HEART FILLED gift, Virginia! Love how you are able to take photos of your work in progress. I'm getting HUNGRY just LOOKING at your DELICIOUS COOKIES! I know from meeting you that you bake the BEST COOKIES!! They are to DIE for! David is a SWEETIE for taking them to the teachers, too. Hope your day is HAPPY ! Love, Karen xoxoxoxo

Denise said...

They look so Delicious! Loved the way you packed them up. Happy Holidays.

Jill said...

What lucky teachers! My cyber cookie was delicious! :)

Suzanne C said...

Yummy! The teachers will really appreciate those cookies. Can only be good for David!

teresa said...

Oh, my, drooooooooooooling here! What lucky teachers!

fika said...

Oh my Virginia.. your cookies look so YUMMY.. now i need to search my chocolate cookies, it's not exotic and YUM as yours but at least it can prevent me from drooling over in front of my compie.. LOL.. David's teachers are soo lucky!! And the plate is perfect to all these delicious cookies.

Heather Maria said...

Mmmm these look yummy Virginia - David's teachers are so lucky! Love the way you packaged them for the teachers and the plate Lin sent you is absolutely gorgeous. I need to do some baking now!

Tomo H. said...

Hi, Virginia! Sounds like you are too busy for cooking, crafting and taking care of your family!
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Hope 2010 will be a wonderful year for you!

Thanks so much for your many visitings to my blog. The gentle words you left me cheered me up.
Thanks a lot, Virginia!
Love, Tomo