Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! To thank you for visiting my blog during the holiday, I'd like to share a video of my son David playing at the piano recital (see here). Also I have some funny pictures to share . David's Latin teacher did an"Ugly Gift Exchange" within the class. We went through our storage room to find one. Alas!! Here's what we have to offer...

She is not exactly "ugly"... just not quite right :) We got this little kitty statue from our Chinese restaurant Lai-Lai" for being the loyal customers! In return, David received a Sudoku puzzle, it's not ugly at all, his classmate just wanted to be rid of it!
 By the time you read this post, my family and I will be somewhere in Caribbean...under the Aruba sun perhaps! Yes, we are spoiled to go on another cruise to Southern Caribbean. I will definitely take a lot of photos to share upon my return. Wonder what food they will be serving... hm....
Meanwhile, I have a few cards to share. They were made for the blog hop, but weren't posted as I narrowed down to three cards for the blog hop. I like these nevertheless. For the background of this card, I used my new favorite stamp, Row of Houses! So subtle yet so pretty!

For the next one, I cut the stamped image (Row of Houses) half way off the houses and then piece the cut image over the dark brown background as the skyline.  It actually look kind of neat!


And then there's this one similar to the one I made for the blog hop.

Here's doll card that has two removable bookmarks using photo corners with the flowers as covers (one more inside). I made this for Sue's Gradndaughter Megan! Pink and purple are her favoite colors!

Here are hugs from me to you! It's been a wonderful ride thanks to you, my friends! Wish you a A Happy and Healthy New Year!

18 comments:

Alice Wertz said...

oh! lucky you!! Hope you have a safe and wonderful trip! Thanks for sharing all those gorgeous cards!!! YUM!!! beautiful beautiful designs and I love that your used the flowers to cover the photo corners! so clever! I love them all!

Karen from MI said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS VIRGINIA! Hope you are having FUN! I LOVED that DARLING doggie statue......don't know how you could PART with something so CUTE!! I guess that a Soduko puzzle book would be good for David, especially on your trip. So HOW IS THE WEATHER? I hope you're having FUN! So HAPPY to see your post, Virginia. LOVED all of your Row of Houses cards. You know, I LOVE that stamp image, too. Now GO SOAK UP THE SUN. Can't wait to see your photos upon your arrival HOME! STAY SAFE! Love, and Prayers, Karen xoox

Jill said...

Love how you used the row of houses as a subtle background- perfect! Enjoy your cruise with your family. I can't wait to see your pictures when you return. :)

Tiffany said...

LOVE your cards, all of them are soo beautiful and full of life and color! Really love that kittie statue, I would take it in a heartbeat, too darling! Have fun out there on your vacation and we'll see you when you get back!! Take care!

Sanne said...

Hmmmmmm Ugly? I would say special- lol
Hope you guys had fun!
Can see you have been playing with your new stamps - lovely cards Virginia :0)
Merry Christmas hugs from Sanne

Suzanne C said...

Adorable cards! Enjoy your vacation, what a great thing at this time of the year! Happy New Year to you and your family!

Kathy said...

love all the cards..each one so different!! One year we did an ugly ornament exchange...very fun so loved to hear your story. can't wait to hear all about your trip! have fun and b safe
hugs,kathy

Diana said...

ADORABLE house cards Virginia. Merry Christmas!

linda said...

Hi Virginia! You are so sweet and it's always a pleasure to visit your blog and check out all your wonderful work - and your son is so talented! Hope you have a very merry holiday season - all the best to you and your family!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love all these cards, especially like the pink and brown card! I always love to read your blog Virginia! Thanks for your sense of humor, your kind comments and of course your terrific cards! I hope you and your family have a wonderful vacation! Can't wait to see pics!

fika said...

Hello V.. love all those cards, i really love what you did with the girls and row of houses stamp, glad you're having fun with the new HA sets.. :) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your fam, sending you a giant holiday HUG!! :)

Nancy said...

Virginia, I hope you are having an amazing time with your family...enjoy your sunny vacation! I love all your cards on this post, each one is a little masterpiece. Can't wait to see what you will be making after you are all rested and refreshed.
Happy New Year to you and your family!

Stamping Cafe said...

Love all of your cards, Virginia! Have a wonderful time with your family! Wish you all have a happy and wonderful 2010!!

Jane said...

You always make me laugh!!!
LOVE LOVE your cards!!

Heather Maria said...

Love all your cards Virginia!Hope you are having a wonderful break on your Caribbean cruise. Looking forward to seeing the photos! Happy New Year to you and your family!

Kit said...

Your cards and your blog are gorgeous love your ideas

Anonymous said...

Just want to send wishes to you and your family for a beautiful Christmas and a very Happy new year!
Hugs! Marilynv19

Cathy A said...

Missing you V, Happy newyear Sista!