Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sorry, Virginia...

It's DECEMBER! This is always a busy time for me. My birthday is just around the corner.Another year older...yikes! My family plan to go to the local French bistro to celebrate this Friday! Then on Saturday we are hosting a party for approximately 20 teenagers! I'm not really looking forward to the work and noise, but it's too late to back out now.... It turns out that David's friends can ALL come! I am planning to serve desserts and appetizers while they watch the latest Star Trek new release DVD. It should be FINE :)
I came across with this article Sorry, Virginia, but Santa Claus won't be writing to you . Here's a excerpt:
"Thousands of starry-eyed children all over the world are writing letters to the jolly man at the North Pole this holiday season, but they're not likely to get a response from Santa Claus or his helpers. The U.S. Postal Service is dropping a popular effort begun in 1954 in the small Alaska town of North Pole, where volunteers open and respond to thousands of letters addressed to Santa each year. Replies come with North Pole postmarks. Postal Service officials said they are tightening rules in such programs nationwide after a postal worker in Maryland recognized a volunteer in the agency's Operation Santa program as a registered sex offender. The postal worker interceded before the individual could answer a child's letter, but the Postal Service viewed the episode as a big enough scare to make changes to the program....:"
I sure hope the tradition will live on. It's sad to give it up because of this incident. The world needs Santa Claus!

I'm sharing another butterfly card here. It was my last submission for the blog day challenge at Hero Arts. All the pieces were scattered on my desk, so it was easy to put them together. I'm loving all that glitter...

Thanks Very Much for coming to my blog. Two months ago, I started this blog and I never knew that I can have so much fun with it.

10 comments:

Suzanne C said...

What lovely bright and cheery colors! Love the butterfly and how it works so well with the lovely background.

Jill said...

OOOH! Love that background! Each time I come to visit your blog I am always oohing and ahhing over your awesome butterfly cards! :)

Hannah. F said...

Lovely Cards Virginia, I just popped ove to let ya' know I have awarded you on my blog here; http://jorgaunnasplaceoffascination.blogspot.com/

Kelly Booth said...

Love the Card Virginia....so PRETTY!!

Stamping Cafe said...

Oh, Virginia! Gorgeous gorgeous card, love the background, the color combo and of course that butterfly! Perfect!!

I didn't know your Birthday is this Friday, so bum that I'm not going to get your card to you on time! :) Wishing you a special and wonderful time because you are special and wonderful!

Susan McRae said...

Lovely colours on this card Virginia! Sounds like you are going to be a busy girl this weekend! Just to let you know that there's an update to the Santa letter story. The Postal Service didn't cancel the letter writing they are just having a more stringent process to check the backgrounds of volunteers. So Virginia, yes Santa will be writing to you...

Tiffany said...

I really love all the layering of colors on this card, you've been doing so well coloring in all of your butterfly images lately, I love it! How exciting that your b-day is coming up, you must be thrilled, best of luck with the 20 guests, oh boy, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! PAPER PLATES AND UTENSILS!! lol..

Kathy (krolski) said...

Ohhhh....this card is so, so pretty. LOVE it!

Good luck with the teenagers! And I hope you have a great birthday!

Heather Maria said...

Love your fantastic card Virginia. The background is so beautiful and the butterfly is gorgeous. Hope you have a wonderful day on Friday. You're one brave lady - a party for 20 teenagers - have fun!!!

Evelyn J. South Carolina said...

Yes Virginia we do need a Santa Claus to take us awayfrom the every day wonders , which is what your cards do. Thanks. Evelyn J