Thursday, January 14, 2010

EtsyInspired Challenge # 70

It's been a little while since I played EtsyInspired Challenge. I have actually never won any prizes. Since the pick is from a random draw, I just haven't had any luck yet (details here). BUT that's too bad OK...I just love the varieties of inspirations from the Etsy shop. They keep my creative juice flowing...That is THE BONUS!  I LOVE this beautiful Mommy Series The Heather Headband and I chose it as my inspiration.

And the timing can't be any more perfect as I came upon this awesome video by Dawn McVey. Check it out if you haven't! It's so simple and so much fun! I experimented with the poorly printed text paper (from my recycle bin) and stamped Raindrop background on it and cut out several circles using two sizes of punches (just for extra poofiness and dimensions). I then distressed the edges (just like the edges of the headband flowers). Love the result!!

I'm extra proud to say that I also used all the scrap pieces ( that gone bad or wrong) for this card.

For example,  the label 8 diecut was a disastrous practice that's gone BAD! I didn't think I could ever use it again...somehow it look "fine" in this!! I think that was the happiest moment when I made the card. Putting the pieces together was such a JOY!! Thanks for coming by to look at this card made of recycled materials. I should do the recycling more often instead of keep going to Michael's...(LOL)!

21 comments:

Susan McRae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan McRae said...

Such a pretty card and your flower turned out wonderful Virginia! Love that you got to use all sorts of scraps on your card. My scrap pile just keeps growing and growing! I think I'll check out the Etsy site and see if I become inspired like you!

Tiffany said...

Beautiful V!! Love your handmade flower and the clouds behind the flower and the flourish is a wonderful look! Love the tiny heart to the side...awww..so cute....and HOORAY for using up scraps, don't you just love it?

donna mikasa said...

Love how everything came together--you're so cute! I love reading all of your details, too! I made some of Dawn's flowers, too, but mine are super mooshed.....back to the drawing board!

AnitaRex said...

I love your recyled card! I have been trying to avoid Michael's too and it's hard I live 5 minutes away! I have a bunch of flowers all punches out waiting to be made but have some other ideas I want to do first! :> Ilove your flowers!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Virginia, another beautiful card. Love your paper flowers. Hugs, Sue

Barbara said...

This is so pretty! The inked edges totally make these flowers special! I love your stem too-very creative!
:-)

debstamps said...

Terrific Virginia! All the elements really did come together nicely! So unique!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love the flower! Everything looks just great on your card! Good luck!

Alice Wertz said...

wow! very pretty flower, Virginia! love to hear that you had fun making this card! it's the best part, right? =) love this beautiful card!!

BabyBokChoy said...

Virginia, thank you so so much for dropping by my blog, I've been paging through yours and all I can think of is 'how much talent can one person have?' wow, I'm blown away!! Your cards are just out of this world!!!

Dawn said...

Well done on using your scraps and recycling... I just love those flowers. Must make some myself. Your card is just awesome

linda said...

Great card - super cool with the scraps usage. The flower is beautiful!

Sanne said...

sooooooooo beautiful - woooow I love those flowers!!!!
Virginia will you mail me your address? see here http://susanneandersen.blogspot.com/2010/01/new-colors.html

Jane said...

Gorgeous! How long was I away!! I had a good scroll down and yummy eye candy!!!

Sherry said...

Very pretty! I am off to check out the video!

Jill said...

This is beautiful! Your handmade flower turned out amazingly! This beautiful card immediately brought a smile to my face!

de said...

Amazing card! Congrats for winning and thanks for playing EIC this week!

Tainan Jane said...

Wow...Virginia , 妳的創意真是越來越出色且又色彩亮麗 , 染色的功力又更上一層 , 這樣獨一無二的佈局是引人注目的可愛設計 , 喜歡.....它 !!

Tomo H. said...

Congratulations, Virginia!
Absolutely wonderful card! Love your creative use of the stamp for the stems and leaves. :)

de said...

Virginia, I need your regular email address for sending the digis too (I emailed you on FLICKR). Could you email me? stampindeva AT bellsouth DOT net?

AND you won this challenge! YOU GO GIRL!