Sunday, January 17, 2010

I have you in my heart

I just love the sentiment "I have you in my heart". Since it's a clear stamp, I bent it to the wavy shape..LOVE that! Here are my three quick cards for the Valentine's Day. Once I had decided on the colors and design with the stamps, it is easy to put them together!

 CL301 Hugs & Heart, CL290 Printed Flowers
other: CB (Swiss Dots), Basic Grey Paper, HA flower, HA gems
I'm also sharing a card that I made for Lucy's Challenge #3 (see here). The theme is to create a card using only ONE colour, along with black and/or white.

I rarely used so much black in my cards, but this time, somehow I NEEDED that black to give it an extra kick! I have been on a creative mood, it looks like I have been churning out card after card...I thought I would "slow down" in the New Year. But when the inspirations hit you, it's hard to say no! Who'd rather do laundry when you can make cards to your heart's content?
Also I want to share an interesting picture that Dr. John took while we were on the Carribean cruise. The rocky sea that day really showed in this picture! He "caught the wave" at the crack of dawn...due to sea sick!

The huge splash of wave actually resembled a FACE!

18 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wow, Virginia, the first set of cards looks so incredible! Love the fresh and clean look on white! Beautiful pastel colors and your second one is really bold and dynamic with the dark pink and black combined! That wave really does look like a face, what a great capture!!

Alice Wertz said...

wow!! beautiful cards, Virginia!! love the colors you used in the first set and love the kick of black in your second one! keep them coming, girl! That wave looks like a lion head to me! amazing photo!

CinnamonSally said...

Love your cards Virginia, love the pastel colours of the first set. Great picture by the way I think it looks like a lions head too.

Lin said...

I love that phrase also, and your cards with the pastels are lovely! Great photo!!

Dotty Jo said...

These are gorgeous Virgina, so glad that I have found your blog! Jo x

GrammySue's Creations said...

These cards are wonderful. I agree with you, I much rather make cards than do laundry. The wave does look like a face.

Diana said...

Especially love those top three cards. Very nice.

Jill said...

Love your set of cards! The wavy sentiment looks great! What a cool photo, too! Thanks for sharing!

Tomo H. said...

Beautiful set of the cards, Virginia! Really like the pastel colors you used. The card on the bottom is also pretty!!!
Thank you so much for your many visitings to my blog! So sorry to be late with my greetings to you!
Have a beautiful weekend!
Love, Tomo

Kelly Booth said...

Love your Valentines day cards Virginia....so Pretty.....and that photo is just Wonderful...Love it!

donna mikasa said...

Love the curved sentiment on your Valentine cards and your card for Lucy's challenge is so elegant with the touches of black!

I must say......that does look like a woman's profile in the wave! Cool shot, Dr. John!

Nancy said...

Great photo by Dr John...thanks for sharing, love it! Your cards are just wonderful, and I like your use of black on the second card, it is the perfect thing.

Stamping Cafe said...

WOW, Virginia! Your cards are simply gorgeous, love them!!

Janetcraft said...

Hi Virginia!! I like your colors that you put are really meant for Valentine's. The butterflies captures my sight. Nice card!!

ivy said...

that is a great pic of the wave....looks like a fierce looking face!
love valentines, don't you? cute cards!

Courtney Baker said...

Great cards! I actually have the opposite problem I use tons of black on my cards... TONS!

de said...

Beautiful cards and what an awesome picture!

I'm trying to contact you regarding your EtsyInspiration #67 win! Could you email me? stampindeva AT bellsouth DOT net

THANKS!

AnitaRex said...

That wave looks like a lion I can almost see ears! Such cute cards too Virginia!