Tuesday, January 26, 2010

NO RULE!

With the cold weather, I hav been hibernating and creating like a storm ....I just. can't. stop. making. cards! It's so comforting when I'm "in the zone". Sometimes I don't know if I like the cards themselves or it's the process that I love! Often I would just sit in my craft room, with my favorite radio music on and stare at my stamps, stashes of embellishments, paper, scraps ....and then some ideas just come without any announcement! Love that when it happens! Here are two cards that I made for no particular reason.
It all started with the heart stamp I have....I had quite a stash of embellishments collection. Don't you all? Perhaps it's time to get them out to play!? The plastic flowers and brads have rarely been used. So I decided that I will incorporate them into the design.

I think the colors of the flowers help bring out the pink heart and provide some more "eye candy". I also used an extra heart underneath to give it a bit of dimension.

LP141 Together, CL380 Truly Appreciated
I didn't have a "plan" when I made the following one....it shows, huh?

What I love about card-making is that there is NO RULE! Sometimes the bad accident can turn out to be a beautiful mistake! That seems to be happening to me on a regular basis. I am just too lazy to fix mistakes, so I make the "mistake" work! For the last card, I didn't know how to tie a perfect bow with the twine secured, so I used two Pattern Hearts to keep the end of the twine in place. I kind of like that! See? FIXED :)

21 comments:

Tiffany said...

These are lovely Virginia, and I can REALLY tell you totally put your heart and truly enjoyed making them, that's what it's all about! Isn't fun making cards just for the thrill and to make us happy! Such a wonderful feeling, we should hibernate more often! ;)

Dawn said...

Truely amazing Virginia. Isn't great to be on a roll.... and it's even better just for fun. Your cards are so inspiring,.

Alice Wertz said...

wow!! what eye candies!! beautiful cards, Virginia! I love the little flowers surrounding the first card and the heart bow in the second is just perfect!! love them both!!

paula said...

Virginia these are fantastic. Isn't it great when the creative juices just seem to flow :D xoxoxoxoxo

linda said...

Wow, fabulous! So many beautiful cards!

Be(e) said...

I hear your creative process is a lot like mine ;) Love your cards today.

jazsutra said...

Hello Virginia, i just have to drop by here. how not to after seeing your cool name on JingJing's blogpost teehee.and you know what, your cards are so gorgeous!!!!*wink*

luv,jaz

Diana said...

Love all those flowers around the heart. So sweet! The 2nd card is so perfect too! thanks for sharing!

Lin said...

Hi little sis, I like your solution too! Great post today! It's a joy to make cards just for the fun of it, isn't it? I love both of these, because they're "hearty"!

Tracey said...

Your mojo is on fire!!!! wish mine was!!! LOVE both these heart cards...so sweet!

Sanne said...

WOW what an eye catcher - Beautiful - make me happy looking at all the gorgeous colors!

AnitaRex said...

Hahah Virgina no rule! I love creating just for creating! Such cute cards, love the hearts at the end of the twine!

Sue McRae said...

Inspirational post Virginia! I love the no rule rule and yes you have definitely been on a crafting roll (must have been all that warm sea air on your cruise). The colours on your flower card are so pretty, it reminds me of spring, when colours finally come back outside.

Anonymous said...

This is a beauty! Lovely work on this very Spring like card!
marilynv19

BabyBokChoy said...

Not everyone's "mistake" could look this good! You are very talented, believe me, I wish I can make such fabulous mistakes. Lol. I really love your use of those plastic flowers, very nice!

Anne said...

Hi, Virginia! What a pretty, cheerful, delightful card! It's wonderful! :-)

katherineee said...

Oh...they are so lovely!! Gread desing. btw, thanks for the comment in my blog! You said you are interesed in south california, where do you live ??

Jill said...

Love your post today! First of all, your cards are spectacular! Love your creative ideas- you are super innovative! I agree with you-- NO RULES -- makes crafting so FUN!

Janetcraft said...

so fun with cards!! Yes, no rules to crafting work!! if mistakes, just another creative of work!!

Stamping Cafe said...

Your cards are fabulous and creative, Virginia!! I love it when you said that you can't stop making cards!! Sometimes I think too much when I make cards, that takes the fun away! I should just just play and not over think! :) Hugs!!

Suzanne C said...

Both cards are so pretty! Love the flower heart behind the stamped heart. Fixing things is what I seem to do with every card. Love the heart touches on the end of your twine.