Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Red, Black and Pink!

I have yet to make a Valentine's card with the traditional colors. Embellsh magazine happen to have this challenge that prompted me to it (details here)

Here's my take on it...

The close-up of the heart. I embossed this Hero Arts cling stamp (CG 129) in white on both red and pink paper and then cut out the little hearts (the most challenging part of this card ). I also added extra little hearts and gems to the frame.

 Remember to tell your sweetie ( this could be your spouse, kids, Mom, sister, brother.... or a girlfriend...) that you love him/her! Thank you, Karen, for giving me this BEAUTIFUL Heart Frame cling stamp for my birthday! I love U!

17 comments:

Vanessa said...

This is so adorable! Love your cute card and all the textures on it!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Dawn said...

Great card Virginia. Really like the colours together.

linda said...

Beautiful card - I love how you used the white background because even with traditional colors it's not so glaring! Beautiful balance. You are so prolific, so many cards - wow!

Karen from MI said...

YOIU are SO CREATIVE! I can't believe that is the Heart Frame Cling stamp, Virginia! SO SMART your are!!1 You certainly found just the right shade of pink to use, too. I LOVE your design, Virginia. Can't wait to see what else you come up with, SOON! You've got me INSPIRED, BIG! Love, Karen xoxo

Kelly Booth said...

So Pretty Virginia...Love the Heart Card!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia, Love your heart card -- it is wonderful. I will have to check out Embellsh Magazine.

Tiffany said...

Wow! Love this!!! So very striking! You do the classic colors so very well, adore the big heart, and it's just so you....you have the biggest heart I know!

Susan McRae said...

Really pretty Virginia and a different look for you! That heart is fantastic and love the texture of the cb background!

Barbara said...

This is so pretty Virginia! I love the soft pink against the red and black!
:-) Barbara

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Love the texture! Thanks so much for taking on an Embellish challenge!

Courtney Baker said...

So pretty! I love all the textured goodness!

Anette H said...

Love what you did here, and the colors are so nice and crisp!! Lovely!

Jill said...

I love this! Awesome job cutting out those red hearts! Such a fab idea!!

marianagrigsby said...

I love this card Virginia!!! The big heart is wonderful! Thank you for playing along with us!

Dwita said...

Soooooooo pretty, Virginia...

Kathy (krolski) said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous Virginia! I "heart" this!!

Maile Belles said...

Gorgeous heart! So glad you could join us over at Embellish!