Monday, February 22, 2010

Carrdvarks and Moxie Fab...in one!

 When I found out SRM stickers is sponsoring the Caardvarks challenge, I know I'm going to have "instant fun"! I wish I have some SRM stickers right NOW! I even went to Michael's and LSS to look for them, they don't carry SRM stickers (wahhhh!!!).  I guess I'd better win some ( a remote chance), or bribe some (ask my talented friends: carole-ish KathyJing-Jing Nickel and Nina B.who are on the SRM design team to "share") or buy some ( selling on line-but too late for me to enter this challenge). Here's my take ....I used DCDW sticker for the sentiment "Just thinking of you". I'm also entering this card for Moxie Fab World challenge  Olympics of Stamping challenge (thinking of you catagory).
My love affair with stickers started when I was back in the elementary school days in Taiwan.
They often "lured" me into the local book stores as they were the ultimate "eye candy" for me...besides the books!
 I always love the bright colors and the ease of using stickers.  It's an instant transformation-NO effort involved really. The only stamped (branch) image in this card was from Birds N' Branch. I am excited to use my newly purchased Hero Arts digit kit Bird Cage (see here). Basically I just re-sized it and turned the card base into a cage-like shape. LOVE the result! I'm having so much fun with the different sizes with the digit kits! Thank you for your heartfelt comments as always. My Flickr site (more comments here).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This card is also featured in CARDS blog for cards other than a rectangle or square. I'm so glad to have submitted this one because this challenge got me to think "outside the box"!

36 comments:

Barbara said...

Ok, this is just too cool Virginia!!!! I love that you made a shaped card with this birdcage!!! Your colours are so bright and happy and your card just makes me smile!!!
:-)

NinaB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy (krolski) said...

This is so, so, so CUTE! I love everything about this card Virginia!

Kathy said...

Wooo Hoo Sista a big congrats on your tweet are you feeling sweet?? I love how this shaped card looks so 3D and it's packed with creativity...which I love so naturally I LOOOVVVeee this! Hugs,Kathy
Woo Hoo now you are getting some stickas!!

Lin said...

LOVE, LOVE this, Virginia! You even lined the bottom of the cage :) Perfect little hearts. GREAT design, little sis!

Deirdre said...

Virginia, love your card. Love stickers too... thrilled to see that SRM now have an online store....woohoo and they will ship internationally!!!! yeah!!! Best of luck in the challenge.

AnitaRex said...

Virginia what a cute card! I know what you mean about searching. I actually have a page of SRM stickers I discovered that when I was browsing there online store and reckognized a sheet! Love your bird cage card! So cute! Love the shape!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE this Virginia....so Creative and Cute!!!

katherine said...

that is a cute card! haha thats funny! i saw that challenge too but couldnt find any SRM stickers either...so i just leave it. :)

Dawn said...

What a spectacular idea to turn the card into the cage. Worked perfectly. the torn vellum on the bottom looks amazing.

Barb said...

Virginia!! You did it with this one!! Congrats on being recognized on Hero Arts Twitter page!!! YAY FOR YOU!!! So happy for you!! It is well deserved with this wonderful card!!!

Hugs!! :)

Helen said...

Gorgeous card in every way!!

Agata said...

Great card! I can see you're having much fun! And congrats, you were "twitted" about by Hero! :)

CinnamonSally said...

Love this fun card Virginia, great colurs and such a fun shape.

alexandra s.m. said...

I love everything about this card Virginia!!
Just looking at it makes me happy ;-)

ivy said...

gorgeous!! great choice of colors!

Kryssi said...

i already commented on this card in the flickr pool, but i'll say it again, super creatively cute card! that image is awesome!

Sim♥ne said...

I sooo love this card Virginia! It actually looks 3-D and I love the bright colours - amazing idea!! Congrats on the HA Tweet!!

Suzanne C said...

Love the shape of the card! So creative and it turned out beautifully. Stickers are awesome and certainly eye candy.

NinaB said...

I love the shaped card, Virginia - it's so springy. Now, doesn't that look like I said something awful in my previous comment...heehee.

Sue McRae said...

Love the bird cage shape Virginia and the colours remind me of spring!

Courtney Baker said...

Wow I love this! That's one fantastic card!

Monika Reeck said...

Love your color on your card Virginia...lovely shape card too, ADORABLE color and cute Images and I am shy I have no sticker from SRM too....I used my Silver sticker...if you dont mind see my card with sticker dear...hugs and kisses...

KAREN B. said...

Seriously really loving this card, the bright colors, the awesome shape, everything about it!! Really hope you win the challenge.

Tiffany said...

This is really darling Virginia, love the ultra bright yellow on the birdcage background, really stunning!

Jill said...

Love how you used the digital image so creatively! This card is a show-stopper!

Karen from MI said...

Hi Virginia! I could SWEAR that I left a comment yesterday, but I don't see it.........LOVE your care SO MUCH! It is SUPER CREATIVE and CLEVER! That's the part that amazes me about you, you come up with the BEST DESIGNS and always have a way of making your cards, HAPPY! Looks like a REAL WINNER to me, Virginia! It really stands out. Hope you get your hands on some of those stickers, SOON! Enjoy your evening. Love, Karen xo

Purple Princess said...

Very nice!!

Lea L. said...

Lovely card!! I adore the shape of it! So cute!

♥♥♥Lea

Tyggereye said...

Really cute card. I love this!

colourmehappy said...

Love your card! It's so original!! :-)

Lynn said...

I love your card and the birdcage is awesome..Great work :)Lynn

Jane said...

This is BRILLIANT!!!

donna mikasa said...

Congrats on being featured on the blog! So happy for you!

Amy said...

Such a cute and creative card!! Great job!!

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! Thanks for entering the Olympics of Stamping Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)