Friday, February 5, 2010

EBTKS Challenge-Box Top (take 2)

I guess you can say that I'm "obsessed" with this box top challenge at Everything But the Kitchensink Challenge. My last attempt was not to "pretty it up" (see here). Well, I did warn you that I will make ANOTHER! This time I didn't alter or change anything with the box top. I started with this oval shape of box top from the tissue box
and then take it from there. I used two flaps for the layering and one for the template to cut out the oval corrugated cardboard. I then covered the image with the cute toadstools from Hero Arts.
Majesta tissue box top, Hero Art stamp (CL261 Woodland Creatures), buttons, twine and gems, felt flower, Glossy Accent, CB (Label 8)

My family and I are going to decide on the finalist for the "Beat The Winter Blahs Challenge" as it now closed for submission. The winners will be announced on Feb. 7, Sunday. at Eastern time 10am! Have a GREAT weekend!

22 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

This really is super duper uber cute, I LOVE LOVE the mushrooms!!!

Heather Maria said...

Totally adorable card Virginia! More brilliant recycling. The toadstool couple are so cute and I love your embellishments and all the texture.

Dawn said...

You are taking recycling to a new level with this one Virginia. Clever how you used the perforations for the matting.

Tiffany said...

So pretty and I always love that corrugated look whenever you use this material!

Jill said...

Hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend, too! Love your card- you are rockin' this challenge!

Stamping Cafe said...

WOW... this is totally fabulous, Virginia!! You totally ROCK!! Love it!!

Have a beautiful weekend with your family!!

Ayoune said...

This is sooo cute Virginia. Love your card. (always)

AnitaRex said...

So cute Virginia! Love that mushroom! I am so mad at myself. I totally missed your contest! I shouldn't have waited but it was one of those types of weeks!

Sanne said...

wow wow wow Virginia what a perfect card - love everything about it!

Alice Wertz said...

wow!! this is amazing VIrginia! so creative and fun! i love this!! Have a wonderful weekend!! =)

Dotty Jo said...

Cute, cute, cute! Jo x

Diana said...

Isn't this just ADORABLE. Fantatic job Virginia!

Sue McRae said...

I just love how you used the tissue box Virginia, so very clever!

Nancy said...

This card is way too cute! Love your new recycling trend...your creativity is so inspiring!

katherineee said...

oh man! wt a adorable card ! the mushrooms are so cute

Barbara said...

This is so sweet Virginia! I love these mushrooms too! :-)
Barbara

donna mikasa said...

Oh, this is soooo creative, Virginia! So many great details and I love the little mushrooms! More, please!!!

Karen from MI said...

HOW ADORABLE, Virginia. YOU are SO CREATIVE!!!!!!!! Sure hope you keep the inspiration flowing. I've actually been looking at EVERY box that I'm ready to throw out in a whole new way! When are the winners announced from your challenge?????? I hope I didn't miss it! Love, Karen xo

jen said...

This is so fun! I love the corrugated look! :)

Kelley Eubanks said...

So cute! I just love those Nesties 8... must have them! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Ann said...

SO cute!

Winter said...

So cute! I love the corrugated look! Thank you so much for playing with us in the challenge! :)