Monday, February 8, 2010

Lucy's Polka Dot Challenge...& EBTKS (take 3!!!)

You are probably thinking that I have been over-zealous (to put it mildly) about the Everything but the Kitchen Sink Challenge. I promise you this is the last one that I made. Once I started, I just kept going! If this post make you look at your box top in a different way, then I am most proud that I have succeeded! The real fun, for me anyways, is to use the existing materials that we have (alright.... AND the new stuff ,too) and turn them into something original and creative.

When I saw this Kleenex box top, I knew I HAD to do something...I embossed it with detailed white powder with Hero Arts stamp Raindrop background and it didn't go so well.
So I embossed another box top and it worked better. I also covered up the logo/descriptions with a strip of green Bo Bunny paper and use one of my favorite thing Raffia to tie it all up. Because of the shape of the box top, I made it into a TALL card. It's the tallest card that I have ever made!
I use the theme "polka Dot" because I want to enter this in sweet Lucy's challenge (see here). Is it too "dotty"? The polka dots somehow add some sweetness to this card!! This is also my first time using Papertrey Ink for a challenge. I just love this set of everyday button bits which was given to me as birthday present from my sista/pal Kathy R.. Isn't she sweet?
Hope you have a SWEET day, my friends!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
updated on Feb. 26, 2010
EXTRA! EXTRA! This entry won 2nd place in Lucy's Polka Dot Challenge (see here ).
Thank you, Lucy, for hosting this super fun challenge!

40 comments:

Lin said...

Virginia, this is SO creative! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your wonderful card! Well done, my friend!

Sanne said...

Love love love this Virginia. Happy colors and such a lovely design!!!

Barbara said...

This is brilliant! What a beautiful card-I love all of the polka dots!
:-) Barbara

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Great box top creation!!!! Such creativity at your place:) All the polka dots are perfect together.

Ayoune said...

Virginia you are so brilliant and creative. Cute card Virginia, love the colour

Be(e) said...

Very creative, Virginia! Love the card! Fun size!

Vanessa said...

Super sweet card! Love it! A winner for me!

Hugs,
Vanessa

CinnamonSally said...

Such a lovely card Virginia, a clever use of your box top and great colours.

Sue McRae said...

Another great creation with a box top Virginia! Love the tall design and the dots make it so charming!

Jane said...

LOVE LOVE this card! ...YUMMY colours and I LOVE polka dots!

katherineee said...

OH! That is ADORABLE! LOve the poka dots. I like the way you match with the gree ribbon. cute

Courtney Baker said...

Gorgeous girl and you can never have too many dots!

Anonymous said...

Love this beautiful tall card! Love the polka dots!
marilynv19

Lucy Abrams said...

I love every single dot. This is FABULOUS Virginia. Polka dot heaven.

Kathy (krolski) said...

This is so cute! How clever of you Virginia! Love the "tall" card!

Tiffany said...

This is a really fun card, so bright and cheerful!!

Alice Wertz said...

WOW!! this is fabulous, Virginia!! LOVE the recycled piece and how you used it beautifully in your card! I adore this super cute card!!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Wow!! Very nice card Virginia--love it.

alexandra s.m. said...

what a fantastic idea and card!
Thanks for sharing!

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is adorable! I am thrilled that you made so many great projects... that is awesome! :)

Jill said...

Viginia! You are a GENIUS! This card is so innovative and extra happy!!!!!!

Stamping Cafe said...

Oh this is precious, Virginia!! You are a total genius, WOW I'm speechless!! Totally sweet and cheery card, love everything about it!!

Kathy said...

Woo Hoo Sista...this card is stunning just stunning. Love how you used the Tissue box and embossed it!!!! These button bits are prefect for you! Been thinking of you and hope all is good. Gearing up for our next big snow. xoxooox

Dotty Jo said...

Now thats one amazing piece of creative magic! Jo x

donna mikasa said...

Oh, you are tooooooo clever, Virginia! I'd love to sneak into your head and see how your creative mind works! Love it.....a lot!

linda said...

Beautiful...I think I need to buy those Kleenex just for the boxes!

Janetcraft said...

yeah, it's a cheerful bright card...Love the buttons disguise as cherries...and you really make use of the tissue box...Great idea, Virginia!!

Vicky said...

Virginia you are so creative! I love polka dots and the way you altered this box top is amazing!

Vicky said...

Oh forgot to say I love those cherry-buttons!!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

I love that you used the original, Kleenex polka dots. Too cute!

Heather Maria said...

Wow Virginia - you are the queen of recycling!! Wonderful card. Love your design and all the details. Those cherry buttons are so cute!

Ann said...

Too dotty? Impossible! Can you tell I'm a sucker for dots? Thanks for playing with us Kitchen Sink girls! :D

BabyBokChoy said...

Unbelievably clever you are!! I am a puffs girl, so how about if you go figure out what to do with the puffs' opening?? LOL

Lynn said...

I love all the layers on your card...beautiful!

Suzanne C said...

Brilliant is right! What a clever idea! You really are rockin this challenge!

Winter said...

Too cute and what a great use of a Kleenex box! I am so glad you have seen the possibilities like I did, in a box top! :) Thanks so much for playing with us in the challenge!

Monika Reeck said...

So clever using the klenex box ...very cute card Virginia...I love your cherry...Hugs

shelly said...

Super cute Virginia! Love your card!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Congrats on your win in Lucy's challenge Virginia!

Barbara said...

Hi Virginia! I just saw on Lucy's blog that your card won 2nd! Congratulations! I really love your card!
:-) Barbara