Friday, February 26, 2010

SRM 1st Monthly Challenge!

I become a follower of the SRM Sticker Blog once I found out about a few of my GF/blogging buddies haven been selected to their amazing DT team. So of course, when they have a challenge (details here) , I'd like to particiate! The challenge is to incorporate chipboard and stickers into a project, cards..etc. I have hoarded quite a few of them over the years and sadly, they have rarely been used since I am so loyal to my stamps. Hopefully all that (including lack of SRM stickers) is going to change .

So I just had to use whatever in my stash. The chipboard was from the Dollar store and the DCWV sticker (the sentiment-Thinking of You) was part of the paper pack that I bought a while ago. So they are the unsung/nameless heros in this card.
The Flourish stamp was embossed in white on white paper. I then distressed all of it in TH Peel Paint.
 Since it's a lot of work to cut out, so I only cut one side. Well, that's "part" of the reason (LOL)! I added the embroidery floss (using the CB folder stem as a guide).
This really was a quick card as the chipboard and sticker ARE a perfect match!

Can you believe that Winter Olympics is almost OVER (No....!) and the winter is alive and well here in my area? Here's a snap shot from my son David who took our street scene around 5pm yesterday. Click on it for a much BLEAKER view!
Enough SNOW for you?

27 comments:

Lisa Carroll said...

this is beautiful, virginia! :)

Lin said...

Good job, Virginia, pulling all those things together for this challenge! Good luck! And I'm enjoying the snow scenes; thanks for posting them!

Agata said...

Wow! I just used the same stamp on my oval card and cut out the same portion! :D But your card is so much more elaborate! Beautiful! And well, enough snow for me although we had much less of it as you did! Hugs!

Jenyfur said...

Virginia, this is lovely!!

NinaB said...

Virginia, this is so pretty. I love how you did the flourish and the butterfly trail.

donna mikasa said...

So pretty, Virginia! Love the warm, earth colors and I like how you trimmed around that flourish! David's snow photo is hauntingly beautiful!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Virginia, I love the way you cut out the one side of the flourish stamp! Looks great! Love your colors and the floss too.
No more snow! We want spring! :)

Jill said...

This card is really, really, REALLY pretty!I love all of the different textures. Hope you are surviving all of that snow!

Barbara said...

THis is such a beautiful card Virginia! I love the way that you cut around the flourishes!
Your weather does look bleak indeed! We are going to have highs of -5 this weekend which is downright balmy for this time of year! LOL!

:-) Barbara

Anne said...

Hi, Virginia! That flourish may have been tough to cut out, but it was oh-so worth it! It is fabulous! Beautiful card! :-)

By the way, my blog has moved! My new location is http://www.gaalcreative.com!

Alice Wertz said...

i LOVE the cut out flourish, Virginia!!! beautiful colors and design!!! yummy card!! =)

DominoDebi said...

This is terrific! What a treat for my aching eyes!

Dawn said...

Your cards is just wonderful Virginia. Love the stitching. I'm very impressed. And all that snow... I am so glad we don't get snow in winter where I live!!!

Jane said...

This card is BEAUTIFUL!! LOVE it!!!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous card! Look at your snowy scene. Feels like home. (Same scene outside our windows)

Tiffany said...

This is really pretty Virginia, I really like that flourish wave at the bottom, very nice accent to the card, stickers are getting to be a lot of fun again!!

Tainan Jane said...

Hi Virginia , 我崇拜妳使用縫紉的技巧越來越精緻 , 妳的色彩選擇與搭配一直都是頂尖脫俗的 , 我只能說 " It is stunning " ! 我還是一樣的喜愛它 !!

Karen from MI said...

Hi Virginia! What a GREAT CARD! You really went all out on this one! Your design and use of various elements sure does make it come "ALIVE"! I really do LOVE it and your color choice, too. Oh Virginia, you sure were blasted! GOOD OLD MAN WINTER! GREAT PHOTO, Sweet David! Thanks so much for sharing your life, Virginia. I just LOVE seeing your world.
Love, Karen xoxo

AnitaRex said...

What a cute card Virginia I like the florish cut partly! And the chipboard is soo cute! Love it! I know winter is still a while to go... Although one good thing about winter is not feeling bad about staying home and being crafty!

alexandra s.m. said...

Well done Virginia! Your card is beautiful!
I know, it's sad about the end of the Olympics, it's always a little bit like Christmas isn't it? ...
Your son's picture is beautiful!

ivy said...

my boys would love to play in that snow! me---not so much.
isn't it great to take out stuff that you've been stashing away and rarely get to see the light of day?
almost all my chipboard is from unknown, un-remembered sources lince i thrown them in baggies by categories!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow love this card Virginia and love your snowy scene, I hope you are keeping warm. Congratulations on being showcased on the cards blog, loved your birdcage card.

deana said...

Beautiful card... I ♥ the added hand-stitching on there! :-)

Raechelle said...

this is beautiful! I love the handcutting!

carole~ish said...

virginia, this is just gorgeous.
FULL of amazing details!!

beckyjune said...

Very pretty, Virginia!

Kathy said...

Hello SISTA!I lit up like a tree or a lamp..lol when I saw this beauty. Love how you cut the flourish so clever of you and love the stitching and the flutterby!!!!!! You have such a wonderful style that I love and I can't wait to see what's next. Miss you sisxo