Sunday, February 7, 2010

Winners of Beat the Winter Blahs Challenge!

THANK YOU for the most positive responses and enthusiasm for entering my FIRST ever and one and only Beat the Winter Blahs challenge. I was expecting maybe 20 entries...but  we have 75 (see the amazing entries here)! I felt the warmth and passion that you have from all the cards that you had submitted. This is also such a great way to get our fellow card-making friends to hop by our Flickr/blogs. I also learn something new about using the wonderful inlinkz (most excellent alternative from Mr. Linky).


After much arguement/consultation/debate/discussion with three other judges (Dr. John, Stephanie and David), I compiled a list of our personal favorites.


(in number order)

With all the favorites considered, the winners are .... (DRUM ROLL please)

FIRST place: Lucy Abrams. Lucy wowed all four of us with this simple yet amazing colors with blings. It makes you just want to go "WOW"! We also appreciate that Lucy goes outside of her comfort zone with these vibrant colors. This card really is appealing to all of us. Thus, it deserves the 1st place.
2nd place : Nancy K. Nancy's Easel card is certainly unique and extra-ordinary. She used various patterns and stamps so beautifully! We admired her fine craftsmanship and detailed design in this! WOW!
HM: Vicky
HM: Agata
(inside of the card)
HM: Jane (Croatia)
HM: Ashely M.
 Special award (the most fun and creative post "Who is Afriad of Virginia Lu?") goes to Baby BokChoy! You'll love Jing-Jings's scrapbooking pages as she has several pages published by Creating Keepsakes. She will get a card that I made especially for her!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EXTRA, EXTRA....Lucy is so kind and sweet that she is offering her prize to a randomly selected winner among all the entries. So I used Random. Org. to select a winner.
True Random Number Generator
Min: 1
Max: 76
Result: 72 (Debstamp)
Winners and HMS, please e-mail me (becr8ive@rogers.com) your mailing address and I will send out the prize to you. I also want to thank my family members for this challenging group effort.
Thank you all for taking part of this fun challenge! You have all inspired us! 

28 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Great choices Virginia - I loved Lucy's card as soon as I saw it! Thanks for a really fun challenge, and for running it for longer than the norm too. Hugs to you, Jo x

CinnamonSally said...

Loved all the cards and Lucys really stood out, great choice. Thank you for running this challenge.
Sallyx

BabyBokChoy said...

I really love the concept of hosting one's own challenge like you did, the entries are aMaZiNg!!! Seriously awesome!! It was really uber fun, I would have loved to do more, if only I didn't need to sleep or go to work, lol. OR had maternity leave that is 52 weeks long! LOL. I really need to buy that monster from the website you pointed out, I need it, that thing is TOO TOO TOO freaking cute. I'm sort of rambling now, lol. Fabulous stuff!!!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Beautiful choices!!!! Congratulations to all the winners - love the selection and variety... The judges did a FAB job!

Patricia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patricia said...

Congrats all the winners all the cards are wooooooooowwwwwwwww =P

Jill said...

This was so much fun! Thanks for hosting this awesome challenge! Congrats to all of the winners- the cards are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

Stephanie Lu said...

Congrats to all the winners! It was really hard to pick my favourites as a judge because there were so many amazing entries. Well done everyone!

AnitaRex said...

I loved seeing who made all your lists! It musthave been a tense weekend over there! I am so sad that I missed joining but am happy for all the winners!

Karen from MI said...

CONGRATULATIONS to ALL of the WINNERS and the entire LU FAMILY for taking on this FUN CHALLENGE! Although I didn't participate, I looked at all of the entries and DROOLED and cheered each of you on! It must have been VERY DIFFICULT to choose a winner, because HONESTLY, EVERYONE of the submissions were filled with "WOW" and "PIZAZZ"!! I feel like I was a BIG WINNER with all the INSPIRATION that you gave me. Better than any publication I could have spent my money on! Thank you Virginia for hosting your FIRST and ONLY, "WINTER BLAH CHALLENGE"!! I also KNOW that the judging was FAIR and SQUARE and there were NO TAINTED BALLOTS! YIPPEE to EVERYONE! Love, Karen xo

Suzanne C said...

Congrats! Love all the entries and the winners were excellent choices!

TuKara said...

Super:::Congrats!!

Nancy said...

Congrats to all the winners! I especially loved Lucy's wonderful butterfly filled with bling! My special thanks to the wonderful Lu family, I love that you all took part in the judging. I hope you had as much fun as the participants did.
Blessings to you,
nancy

Be(e) said...

Congratulations to all of the winner!! And thank you very much, Virginia (and family), for the fun challenge! I had a good time creating and getting inspired by all the other entries!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a gallery of winners! Thanks so much for putting us to the challenge Virginia! and thank you so much to Lucy for her generosity--can hardly believe my luck! Will have to put the prize to good use! Debstamps

Heather Maria said...

Congratulations to all the winners - absolutely wonderful cards and all sure to beat the winter blah! Thanks again Virginia for organising the challenge, it was brilliant fun!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Congrats to all the winners! I love Lucy's card with all the bling! Thanks for hosting this challenge Virginia and thanks to all the judges! :)

donna mikasa said...

Congratulations to all of the winners and HMs! Lucy's card was so dazzling and a sure winner! So generous of her to pass on her goodies!
Thanks for a fun challenge, Virginia! Hope to see more?.....

moccavanila said...

Yay...Congrats to all winners!

Ashley M said...

Woo Hoo! I'm so excited to be a winner! All the cards were just awesome! Thank you Virginia for a super fun challenge!!!! :)

Stamping Cafe said...

Wow, beautiful cards!! Love all of them, congrats to all of the winners and HMs!! Thank you for the fun challenge, looking forward for more!

Alice Wertz said...

wow! gorgeous winning cards!! I bet it was the most difficult thing that you had to do in a while with all those submissions! =) Thank you so very much for hosting this super fun challenge, Virginia!

Ayoune said...

Congrats to all winner, and great choices Virginia

Sanne said...

Congratulations everyone!!!!

Jane said...

Congrats to all the winners.....how nice of Lucy!!
Loved seeing all the gorgeous cards!

Kathy said...

OMG all of these cards are just stunning!!!!!! I would buy each one!! I LOVE how David like my card most...go give that adorable teen a kiss from me will ya!!!! Wonderful job with your post and spreading the love. You have such a great knack for that! Hugs sista

Barbara said...

Congratulations to all of the winners! Virginia, this was such a great challenge and I loved looking through all of the entries! It's a good thing that you had help choosing the winners! I would never be able to decide.
Barbara

Vicky said...

Congratulations girls! Really great cards! Lucy's card is so beautiful and I have to say something amazing for each and every card submitted!
Thanks for selecting mine for a HM!!! :)