Sunday, March 7, 2010

Embellish (take 2) and David cello videos

I am so glad that David's cello performance went well considering that fact that he does not practice much. His piano teacher is VERY demanding and I kept telling him to take just one instrument instead otf TWO!David has been taking cello lessons for 9 years now. That is a LONG time. I have driven him to/from the lessons and carried his cello from1/2 size to now a full size. I sat through all his lessons, but does that mean I know how to play cello? NOT one bit. I'm proud to share his music with you. Here they are if interested. ( Part 1 and Part 2.)
Last but not least, I have made another card based on Embellish's color challenge (see here)
AND a Easter card using the same color scheme...the colors are just too delicious, I simply can't stop with just one. It also feels good to use my "old" favoites stamps. They (Background Scallop Circle and Swirly Frame) are really just one year old.
Also just a reminder to stop by Alice's blog (see here) for her blog candy

 give away if you haven't. I have been busy making cards and haven't gotten around to see a chick flick. However, David did see one (" A Walk to Remember") at his friend's Sweet 16  surprise party. I jokingly said to him that he can go see the chick flick with me now.
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the music and cards.

24 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Oh these colors are delicious!!!! Love these springy and Easter Cards... The first one is just delightful and I have a GREAT idea because of it!

Thanks for the inspiration:)

BabyBokChoy said...

I see embossing right on the card? It's terrific! Cello performance is great too. I know utterly nothing about music, sad eh?

Sue McRae said...

Both these cards are perfect happy spring cards! Love the colours and layering on these Virginia!

Karen B. said...

So pretty and soft, glad you were able to pull out some old stamps!

trinharrieta said...

Both cards are beautiful - love how you used the colors and layering of stamps!

Monika Reeck said...

Dear V, a very happy spring card dear...both cards are adorable love the flower you colored dear...I wish I could make a spring card too...but I have no stamp with bunny and only small flower ....hihi....hugs...

alexandra s.m. said...

These cards will make the sun shine a little brighter for sure! They're gorgeous!!

katherine said...

Virginia! Ilove love love your first card. All the color goes well together and i really like the way you corporate. Really cute cards! love all the details.

Lin said...

I love both these cards and adore these colors, little sis, and thanks for sharing David's music with us.

AnitaRex said...

So cute Virginia! So funny one year old and they are old favorites! Great cello performance! That's awesome he wants to play both! :> And awesome you sit through his lessons!

Tainan Jane said...

Hi Virginia, 妳近來的創作真的是fabulous!所有的卡片我都好喜歡!!

Stamping Cafe said...

Your cards totally ROCK, Virginia! So gorgeous, love them!

David is totally talented, you must be a proud mama!! :) Have a beautiful week!

Vanessa said...

Wow, these are so so beautiful! Love your gorgeous cards! And your son is very talented!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Dawn said...

super cards Virginia. You have been busy, Thanks for the lovely cards you sent me. Both are just wonderful.

Simone said...

Beautiful cards!! The colours are so cute and springy!

And David is one talented musician!

Agata said...

Wow! Both of your cards are so fresh and beautiful! Plenty of lovely details on them! Great take on the challenge!

Alice Wertz said...

OMG!!!!!! Your cards are sooooooooo beautiful, Virginia!!!!! i love love love them both!! those spring colors you used are so pretty! yum!! =)

David is so talented! his first public performance was wonderful! thanks for sharing the videos!! =)

Vicky said...

WOW all your cards with this color combination are more than amazing! Really beautiful!
It seems that spring is in the air .. although it was snowing today on my way to work

Barbara said...

What a great mom you are Virginia! :-)
Your cards are beautiful! I really love the shadowbox effect on the second one!

Sanne said...

Love your flower cards in lovely pastel colors Virginia - and is that THE SUN I can see on those cards?

Tiffany said...

I just have to say - actually, I'll SHOUT IT....but these cards say CANDY, yummy candy to me, love the colors and they match the trigger photo so well Virginia, it's like walking thru a sweet shop when you were little and buying a handful for about 10 cents....beautiful set of cards!

Kathy (krolski) said...

I love your card Virginia! I especially LOVE the first card! So pretty! You've inspired me again!
Wow, David has lots of talent. I love the part 2 with the faster pace. Great job David!

Nancy L. said...

beautiful cards!

Suzanne C said...

Fantastic cards. The colors are so very pretty for spring..