Wednesday, March 3, 2010

EtsyInspired Challenge #77

Don't you just love it when some fun and creative pictures inspire you? Well, I came across with this image from Etsyinspired Challenge #77. This drawing came from the sponsor The United Thread which only sells original art in drawing and watercolor painting. The images are certainly captivating and whimsical.
I immediately thought of my little set of owls (see here) Here's what I came up with...
CL173 You Hoo Owl, CL138 Bird Branch Alphabet, Glossy Accent (for their BIG eyes!), raffia
One thing I learn from all these years of stamping, that is, NEVER underestimate the little stamp sets that you have...they are invincible and inexpensive (YES, love that!)! Dig yours out if you haven't lately!
Here's a COOL and FUNNY video sent to me from my darling DD Stephanie (see here- it takes 15 -50 sec. to download -so SKIP if you don't have time). Uh...hm... all I can say is: " Wow!". If I know how to make that picture work, I'll put all of your photos in it!
Here's from me to you : "You Hoo! Have a GREAT day"!

24 comments:

Vanessa said...

Oh, this is adorable! What a great idea! I love your owls!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Nancy said...

You've really captured the whimsy of the inspiration, Virginia. Love your wonderful colors and the little group of owls!

Karen B. said...

Great job being inspired by the Etsy Image, and I like too, how you change up your blog header! Really really fun card.

Sanne said...

This is so fun Virginia - you certainly found great inspiration !

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Virginia, such a fun card - love it! Jo x

Alice Wertz said...

your card is so fun, Virginia!! love your take on the challenge!

Dwita said...

It is really fun, Virginia....

Kryssi said...

that is super cute, v! hero stamps made that challenge pretty easy, huh? :) hey, where's the birdcage? you put it away? lol!

Lin said...

Adorable! And you're so right - our little stamps can pack the same wallop as the big ones when repeated like you have done!

Barbara said...

This is super sweet Virginia! Your owls are adorable!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Your owls are super cute Virginia! And you're right, those little stamps sets are great!

Tiffany said...

Oh my!! Look at your owls, love this Virginia!! And I really like the mix of red and blues you used!

AnitaRex said...

Oh Virginia I love how you get inspired and create such a great card! Love those owls!

Kathy said...

Love where you found your inspiration and I love the etching or is it a drawing...either way Love your card sista!!!!!!! I love how your creative mind works babycakes.xo

BabyBokChoy said...

Hoot Hoot CUTE!!! lol. great take on the inspirational piece!

de said...

OMG Virginia, this is PERFECT!

Love it!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

cashemere said...

So cute!!!
Kisses from Brazil

Suzanne C said...

what a cute card and the inspiration is adorable too!

Courtney Baker said...

Girl what a fabulous job you've done with this!

Sue McRae said...

You really captured the essence of the inspiration in your card! Love it!

Louise C said...

Very cute Virginia! Love the owls! Watched your daughter's video... I'm impressed! This looks so real! (I presume it is her photo and she is the hero....). Very very clever!

Kerry said...

You had the perfect owl stamp to go with the inspiration piece you chose...fabulous!

Jill said...

So cute! Love seeing the inspiration piece and then your take on it! AWESOME!

ivy said...

love the owls! great take on the original inspired piece!
the small sets of stamps are usually all that i can afford BUT also my favorites!