Wednesday, March 17, 2010

EtsyInspired & EBTKS Challenges!

The more challenges I do, the more I realize that I love photo inspiration. I guess I'm just more of a visual person. When I saw the Three Dots Jewelry's selection at the EtsyInspired challenge (see here), I was immdiately drawn to the earthy and rich feel of this special handcrafted necklace called Rainbow.
Here's my take and I took the design literally!
To my pleasant surprise, this sketch is perfect to enter the EBTKS challenges(see here)
This is one of those rare time that I didn't use a single stamp in card-making. Just Basic Grey paper and two brads that I have been saving forever and the diecuts from Cuttlebug. I'm glad to use this sketch and photo inspiration to make a more modern and "hip" ("that's pushing it"... my kids would say-LOL) design! I hope you have a pleasant day! The sun is shinning... I think this card describes the weather perfectly!

20 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wow Virginia, what a wonderful card! Nothing better than seeing a rainbow of colors on a sunny day too! I also love the 3 rows of big dots and then how they diminish into smaller ones, beautiful effect!

Monika Reeck said...

Wonderful take on the sketch and the Picture Virginia...cute brads too...

Karen B. said...

How pretty! Love that your pearls match your backgrounds, a fun card.

Dotty Jo said...

Great card Virginia, really funky!!! BTW, there's blog candy on offer over at my place until the weekend so please drop by and leave a comment to be included in the draw! Jo x

Barbara said...

This is so colourful and fun Virginia! You nailed both challenges too! That's pretty cool that your card worked out to fit the EBKS challenge!
:-)

Be(e) said...

OMG, Virginia! This is stunning! That splash of color is amazing!

Alice Wertz said...

your cards just make me happy, Virginia! love where you find the inspiration! very pretty card!

BabyBokChoy said...

I think I spy with my eyes a new blog header?? Is that also swiss dots embossing? LOL. I just wish I can incorporate it into scrapbooking... I suppose I could layer, eh?? Love the literal take on the challenge, it's fab!!

Tainan Jane said...

聰明的 Virginia , 最近妳利用剪下的圓形排列組合已經到隨心所欲的境界 , 不管妳怎麼安排都那麼好看漂亮 , 我崇拜妳的思考力與組織力 , 妳總是能創作出與眾不同的卡片 , 最喜歡中央那些色彩的排列 !!!

Vicky said...

The card is great! You chose such an adorable piece to get inspired. Another great card.
Virginia congrats on your Hero Arts challenge win! Well deserved! The minute I saw your birdcage card I knew it was a winner

alexandra s.m. said...

AWESOME! love that modern graphic look Virginia!

DominoDebi said...

I htink your inspiration is right on the money - nice card!!!

Jill said...

Love your use of the inspiration photo! Such a pretty card with a modern flair!

Nancy said...

I just love how you interpreted the inspiration photo...you certainly are hip and modern, Virgina!

Sue McRae said...

Cool card Virginia! Love how you used that inspiration pic!

Lynnette said...

Wow, this is perfect for both challenges. Great card!

de said...

Wow Virigina! I love this! Sorry I wasn't by earlier to comment. I've been down and out. BUT you did win as a runner up on EIC so hop on over to the blog for the details!

Suzanne C said...

Very fun and perfect card based on the sketch and inspiration!

Winter said...

How unique, I LOVE it! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

Courtney Baker said...

How fun is that! Thanks for playing along!