Saturday, March 27, 2010

Froggie Card and Scenic Photos from Italy..

First I'd like to share a fun birthday card. I made this for my 15-year old neighbor. This is first time I used the Flower Frog stamp which was sent to me by a very dear friend.
Now...the moment you've been waiting for (not!?)-the travel photos! Let's take a look at the top 10 13 scenic photos from David's trip to Italy.  Some funny photos will be posted later as there are TOO MANY!
Sunset picture taken from the bus to the hotel in Sorrento.
Hour-long boat tour to Capri. (Look at the water and grotto...!)
the famous Faraglioni, one of the three enormous, pale-ochre limestone colossi that loom out of sea


Taormina, a scenic town perched high above the sea. Here's the 3rd-century Greek theater in town.
Mount Etna-Europe's highest (and active) volcano...David took a hike here!
Palermo, capital of Sicily
Pompeii, one of the riches archeological sites in the world.
Now it is fully excavated and you can see the simulated artifacts on display.
St Peter's Square, Vatican City
What's Rome without the Colosseum?  It played host to the most incredible spectacles of the day ( namely the gladiator and animal hunts) and accommodated up to 50,000 people.
A look of the inside and underground
And lastly, the world-renown Trevi Fountains

And here's a picture of the music box that David should have bought me. He said it was "too expensive" (for a 15-year old, yes! $50-70 US each)...and he didn't think I have that much jewelry anyways ( what!? ) !!
I think it will make a nice box for my cards, right? David certainly did a fabulous job capturing all these awesome views! True feast for the eyes!

21 comments:

Alice Wertz said...

LOL! you should tell him to get the music box and fill it with jewelry for you!! =) He is too cute! Thanks for sharing those pretty photos of Italy! I was there years ago and hope i'll get to visit it again one day!!

AnitaRex said...

Wow David took A LOT of photo's! I really enjoyed his scentic ones and of the food. The gelato looks like same as when I was there. It's too good! I had gelato everyday for month in 6 different countries! I also love your froggie card! I can't wait to see the funny photos! You should just do a favorite photo of David's trip each post for the next month or something! I would enjoy it!

Karen from MI said...

Hi Virginia! WOW! Your card is simply the CUTEST card ever!! Please give yourself a BIG HUG from ME! Now, David's photos......let's make sure of ONE THING, OK? ARE YOU POSITIVE that these photos are NOT really POST CARDS???? OH MY, David has some SERIOUS TALENT in the "photo department"! I am SO IMPRESSED. I'm sorry that you didn't get your music box, BUT it's ALWAYS nice to SAVE something to RETURN the next time for! HOW'S THAT, Virginia? David is a SWEETIE PEA and so are YOU!
Love, Karen oxoxoxo

BabyBokChoy said...

Seriously, he is a budding pro photographer, I am so so impressed and of course DEPRESSED looking at those pictures, lol. wanna go to Italy so so so badly, was in the works for this year, but now... sigh...
Ribbetlicious card for your 15 year old neighbor, he is one lucky 15-year old!!!!!!!!

Dawn said...

First off - cute card.... and secondly.... awesome photos. Can't wait to get there now myself

katherineee said...

Virginia. Nice photos. I wish I can go once!!! the views are so beautiful. I would love to go there once!~~~

CinnamonSally said...

Great card Virginia, and I love all the shots of Italy, over the years I have been to most of these places as Italy is one of our favourite holiday destinations. I can't beleive that they packed so many places into such a short time, Davis must have been so weary from all that travelling, but I can see it was well worth it!

Suzanne C said...

Adorable card! Love the way you did the tummy on the frog! Love his pictures and he did a fantastic job of taking those pictures. Especially what he could have bought you. hee hee

linda said...

The card is super cute and the photos are beautiful! I love the color of the sea...it's funny how my husband has to correct me all the time as I'm so used to saying the ocean...but we have the sea here, much warmer waters! :)

Sue McRae said...

Fantastic photos Virginia and your frog card is so cute! Love how you used the Write Your Own and I like the texture from the embossed background!

Jill said...

Love your froggy card and fun sentiment! And David's photos were such fun to see! Thanks for sharing!

Kelly Booth said...

Such a cute card Virginia....Love seeing the photo's David took as I will Never get there with a hubby that won't fly!!! hugs!

Monika Reeck said...

yay the card is sooo cuute and David´s Photo are adorable...sooo beautiful Photos...hugs.

Agata said...

Only 50 or 60 $??? Come to Switzerland! Music boxes half that size with a handmade lid cost over 200$ or even more!!! But, the pictures are brilliant! And your card so sweet!

Tiffany said...

What a fun and whimsical card for a birthday! I love that froggie stamp too! Beautiful photos fromt the trip, thanks for sharing!

Leesa B said...

Love that froggie card!!!! My favorite photo of David's is the sea town of Tamormina. David has a real photographic eye and his photos are stunning! I dream of Italy too but I can relate to Kelly about a hubby who hates to travel and fly. Those jewerly boxes are so beautiful and I would get one even if I had no jewerly they are jewerly on to themselves!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Virginia, your froggie card is so cute! Love the way you used that stamp behind the frog and your "hoppy" sentiment! WOW, beautiful photos! Great job David! I feel like I was there! But why didn't you bring your mom and me one of those jewelry/music boxes?! heehee.... :) Seriously, wonderful photos!!

AnitaRex said...

Virginia thought I would hint that you need to check out my current post....

Simone said...

Super cute froggie card Virginia!! And thanks for sharing those amazing photos of Italy! David's a great photographer!

ivy said...

those are fab pics and so gorgeous there! TFS david (and mom).

Fika said...

Woowwee V..your froggie card is so cute.. i LOVE how you paper piecing the image and YES i'm drooling over such beautiful music boxes, luckily few years ago i bought one from my trip to Japan, and still using it until now.. :)