Saturday, March 13, 2010

Prototype of the Birdcage Card

I wasn't going to post this card,  but this was the one that helped me with the ideas and execution of the birdcage design (see here).  I think it deserves to be featured and shared even though it was not the perfect one.
I used the ribbons to "hold down" the cage. It wasn't a bad idea, but it's not "user-friendly" and can be a little fussy.
One thing I learned from this process is that it helps to make a prototype, especially when it contains more of the detailed elements (such as this interactive one).
Thanks for stopping by. I'm touched by your most encouraging comments about my recent postings. I don't know how long I will continue to make cards and keep this blog going, but for now, I'll take it one card at a time and enjoy the process and result. That's what card-making is all about, right?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just to let you know I have more Birdcage cards in the works! I promise this new version has never been done before....muahahahhha!

18 comments:

Dawn said...

Your prototype is delightful Virginia. I love the blue colours. I like the wire top to your card. Both are equally as good in my humble opinion my dear.
And please keep up with your cards and put them on flickr even if you don't do your blog..... I'd miss your wonderful creations and insights

Vicky said...

Virginia I love this card as much as the other. Blue is my favorite color so I have no choice! LOL
And the ribbon maybe it's not user friendly but it adds so much on the design! Great one!

Alice Wertz said...

wow! even your prototype is a beauty, Virginia! i love it and thank you for sharing your experience!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow this is a stunning prototype Virginia, Love it in blue.

Lin said...

I'm glad you shared this! Love the aqua accents and the heart button.

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Love your prototype!!! Your cards are wonderful Virginia... and so are you.. Which is what your blog is about, you.. It's yours, you know? Anything you want to post... stories, recipes, and even cards.. I'm here!!!

Tiffany said...

So glad you shared it with us, it's always our 'original' design that gets us to create the look that we want and you sure produced so many wonders from this prototype! Wonderful job!

Karen B. said...

So glad you posted this prototype, it is lovely to see one's process that they go through, and to know that not all of their cards end up perfect! Love the white against the turquoise.

Jane said...

Beautiful!!! LOVE how the bird cage opens up!

Karen from MI said...

You're TOOOOOOOOO FUNNY, Virginia! I'm SMILING BIG right now. I LOVE your prototype card, too. Your colors are so PRETTY and FRESH! I must add that your design is also SO CLEVER! You never cease to amaze me with your unique ideas, Virginia. I hope you never stop making cards or BLOGGING. Your blog is SWEET and from the heart. Love, Karen xo

BabyBokChoy said...

I'll flip out when you stop making cards and blogging, you can't do that to us Virginia!! Once you go Web 2.0, you can't go back!!! lol

Jill said...

The texture on this card is stunning! I love the prototype as much as the second one!! :)

GrammySue's Creations said...

Virginia, I love prototype cage card--its great. All your cards are wonderful.
Hugs to you.

Janetcraft said...

this card is beautiful with nice open and close bird-cage..like the Cuttlebug embossing effect too as background! CUTE!

Sanne said...

So so elegant and in some way very romantic, too! Great card Virginia

Monika Reeck said...

Love that small butterfly and the texture paper from CB is very nice too Virginia..great idea to opened the birdcage...awesome card Virginia...hugs

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful as the first card. Although I really liked the bright green on the other card too! Both are beautiful!

The Wired Angel said...

Greetings to you up North..Lovely card.. that embossing is just perfect. Hugs, Peggy