Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Digital Doodles

It all started with a lovely comment in my blog from Kathy Martin. The Kathy Martin of Digital Doodle! Now I have been a fan of Digital Doodles since she started her digital images at Two Peas (only $0.99 each!) . They are FUN and WHIMSICAL ...just the kind of images I love.  I was so glad to find out  there is a Digital Doodles Club that it's free to join as there are prizes and challenges for the members. I strongly encourage you to if you haven't checked it out yet. So here I create with the free image (flower and bee) that was offered to its new members. I intend to make one card for the club member challenge....well, I ended up making THREE!!! 
I printed out the FREE line background from Vinnie Pearce (Punch Elements) and layered two sizes of flowers and bees. I love the sentiment from SRM Stickers and it was super easy to stick it on the "grass". I also pieced the holes for the bee lines. It's hard to see from the picture, but you get the idea.
Since I still have quite a few printed images left, I thought I may as well make another. I added the button for each flowers and again I used the SRM stickers for the Happy Day sentiment. The flowers in the diecuts are colored with Prisma color pencils ....they have been totally ignored since I got my copics.
After two cards, these were the leftover scraps.....
I challenged myself to make ANOTHER card with just what I have. Some images weren't colored as well as I had planned, so I was left with just one image and that's how I made this super simple card. A little glitter goes a long way.
I know I have to get some more Digital Doodles....boy, it's VERY addictive!

23 comments:

paula said...

What a wonderful set of cards Virginia :). They all look fantastic. It is great when you get on a roll. Good luck with the challenges xoxoxoxoxoxo

Dawn said...

Perfectly cute cards Virginia. I've just gone and joined and off to buy a couple of the digi stamps...thanks for the heads up!!!

Simone said...

Virginia these cards are sooo pretty! I love the flowers and all the different ways you used them :) Good luch with the challenge!

Dotty Jo said...

What a lovely set of cards Virginia, especially love those bees! Jo x

moccavanila said...

These are so pretty cute,V! I love all these happy design!

Karen B. said...

Wonderful designs, and thanks for the suggestion, I am starting to warm up to digital, with your help I think I can do it! The coloring on these are fantastic!

Vicky said...

All the cards are so cute and this digi set is so adorable! I think I have to re-consider digital stamps. Virginia the printer's ink does not smudge when you color the image? need some tips on that :)

Barb said...

Love these sweet, adorable cards, V!! So fun, and you are very nice to give us the link! May just have to try more digital now that you've inspired me!! :)

Kathy Martin said...

What can I say Virginia?!?! You are a total SWEETHEART to tell your friends about my Digital Doodles and the club! THANK YOU! These cards are AMAZING! I especially love the second one! :)

Sue McRae said...

These cards are so cheery! Love the design and layering on the first one!

Hxnnie (Hannah) said...

These are fantastic! I can see the bee lines. Too cute! :)

Sanne said...

Love your flower cards. Great way to use buttons :0)

CinnamonSally said...

Lovely, bright, cheerful cards Virginia, really cute too!

Alice Wertz said...

lovely set of cards, Virginia! so sweet and cheerful!

Jill said...

So fun and springy! These cards really make me smile!

Karen from MI said...

Hi Virginia! I like ALL of your cards, but especially the neat detail that you added to that last card! Your "stem" is so creative as are your "leaves"! Looks like you enjoy digital designing as much as stamping. You do very nice work with the digi images! Always nice to see your work. Love, Karen xo

Ujjwal said...

Very pretty cards Virginia!! Loved the second one!!
I also joined Digital Doodles recently and got the flower and bee image.

You have given so much inspiration, lets see what I can come up with :)

Suzanne C said...

Sweet set of cards using the digi images! Love the little flower inside of the big flower!

Deirdre said...

Super cute, great cards. Thanks for all your support on TGF Royal Battle. We really appreciated it.

Free digi on the blog today here http://splendidstamping.blogspot.com/

Kathy (krolski) said...

All of these cards are so cheery! Love them. Love the glitter and the buttons too! Super job Virginia!

Agata said...

Thanks for this post and introducing me to this site! I'll visit, for sure! Your cards are brilliant!

Heather Maria said...

These are all so cute Virginia! I haven't gone digi yet but I'm very tempted to try it now!

Sylvia said...

Your cards are beautiful! I love all three flower interpretations! Aren't Kathy's digital doodles, fun?