Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy Easter! ....and Tuesday's Trigger!

I have been making Easter cards in the last few days and I want to share two of them today! Here's Tuesday's Trigger from Moxie Fab World 

And that gives me another chance to use the my new Hero Arts Easter stamps. After all, Easter only comes once a year and I would not want to miss using the Easter stamps this time. Perhaps it's the time of the year, I have been making cards with flying sheepleaping frogpeeking-out bunniesand now the run-away bunnies for Tuesday's Trigger. I added the bunnies for some Spring action :)
*******************************************************************
Next I made this Easter Greeting card with soft and pastel colors. I was SO tempted to add some grass underneath the eggs and more ribbons on the side. But I controled my urge to do so. Sometimes it's hard to know "when to stop" (overwork) a card. I'm sure you can all relate to that from time to time.
This little flying/jumping sheep card got an HM at Lucy's Challenge #7. When I had to explain what a CAS card is to Dr. John, he chimed in and said he can make one to enter,too!  He then told me his card idea :" A small black dot on the white paper"...I thought: "what is that!? ". He said the title will be " Black Sheep in the Snowstorm"! Thankfully he didn't enter...that saves him/me some embarrassment.
My family and I are off to see my in-laws in Ottawa this weekend. I'm bringing a 15-lb cooked Butterball turkey with stuffing (nothing fancy) to share. Knowing my in-laws, I know they love me and their turkey! Happy Easter and Blessing to you all!
Photo of the post: Lemons in Italy (aren't they HUGE?)
(photo credit: David Lu)

25 comments:

Vanessa said...

Oh, I love your Easter action cards! Adorable and fun!

Dawn said...

such cute cards Virginia. Love them

Simone said...

Sweet cards Virginia! Love those cute bunnies :)

Vicky said...

Your easter cards are so colorful and adorable. Also a BIG THANK YOU for all the things you send me! Maria loved everything in the package (her mom too). You are so sweet! All the family wishes you Happy Easter!

Sanne said...

Lovely easter cards Virginia - cute as can be. I think my fave is the one with the rabbits picking out - so love it!

Alice Wertz said...

i love love love all your cards, Virginia!!!! they just make me smile!! congrats on your HM at Lucy's challenge! THAT is a super adorable card and so so clever!! Hope you have wonderful Easter weekend!! =)

Jill said...

Each of your "creature creations" are adorable! I love them ALL!

Karen B. said...

Your husband is too funny! But pretty intuitive as well. Your easter cards are fabulous and well, eastery! Have fun at your visit.

Monika Reeck said...

Love your card with hoppy Rabbit soo cuuute Virginia...have a great day..hugs, Monika

Tiffany said...

Really sweet cards Virginia, love them all!! I'm still awaiting my Easter stamps, don't think they'll get here in time, oh well! Have super fun at your in-laws!!

CinnamonSally said...

Cute cards Virginia, have a great Easter.
hugs Sally

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful Easter cards! I love both the bright and pastel eggs! And Dr. John is too funny! I would so love to meet him! Congrats on your HM win at Lucy's blog! Love your cards so much! Happy Easter to the Lus!

Trinh said...

Your Easter cards are adorable, Virginia and congrats on your HM in Lucy's challenge! Happy Easter to you & your family!

Suzanne C said...

Adorable Easter cards. Love the bunnies leaping over the eggs. The cloud is so clever and cute! Have a lovely Easter!

Leesa B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leesa B said...

Virginia, I hope you and your family will have a blessed and joyous Easter together. The turkey sounds yummy! Love your sweet Easter cards, my fav is the bunnies hopping over the eggs! Congrats on your HM on Lucy's blog, what an honor! Those lemmons remind me of my Dad's big lemons and key limes when I was growing up in Florida. We used to make alot homemade pies. It was an Easter blessing to visit your blog with those Easter cards!

alexandra s.m. said...

I love these Easter cards!
Have a fantastic w-e Virginia!

BabyBokChoy said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE cards, my favorite is that lamb one. Girl, I seriously seriously want to stir fry it for lunch. LOL.

AnitaRex said...

I love the bunnies jumping over the eggs! Perfection! I don't know what a CAS card is! Haven't figured it out. Those lemons are huge! Oh and thank you for letting me know about HA and the twitter I really would have missed it! Made my day! Happy Easter to you!

Anonymous said...

Love all of your very cute Easter cards, Virginia!I just love all of your David's photo's too! What talent! Have a beautiful Easter week-end with family!
marilynv19

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love you Easter cards Virginia! Adorable! Congrats on your HM in Lucy's challenge!! Happy Easter to you and your family!

Trinh said...

Saw your Easter card on the CARDS challenge gallery - congrats! I love the colors & jumping bunnies. :)

Tainan Jane said...

Hi Virginia,妳的復活節卡片系列設計得真的是生動活潑可愛,妳是超級有創造力的,喜愛妳所搭配的色彩與妳對兔子的安排!!!

Linda L said...

You're on fire girl!!!...I see you up on the Cards Blog again this week....woooohoooo! Good on you Viriginia:-))) xL

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! What fun approaches to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World. Thanks so much for playing along! :)