Monday, April 19, 2010

Poppy Stamp Winner

Thanks everyone for commenting on my 3 poppy cards. In total I had 127 comments: 33+30+18+46 ( from the blog post "Poppy Love"). I asked my son David to pick a number from 1 to 127 and he picked 88. AND....this poppy stamp goes to my fellow Canadian friend Louise C.!

Louise said...
Oh and Virginia congrats for being on Hero Arts Twitter! In her previous comment Louise said ... Virginia you're too funny!! Now I have that song in my head!!! Your cards are just gorgeous!!! and that stamp is so pretty. Well, there are no Michaels in Quebec... so I guess I'll have to wait for my next trip to Ottawa to get one.... Oh wait, maybe I'll win!! Thanks for the chance! And thanks for sharing your beautiful cards....
Congrats, Louise! Please e-mail me your address and I send it off  to you asap.

Here's another poppy card that I made. I promise to use other stamps now.. and give my poppy stamp  much needed rest :)
Hope you have a fabulous week ahead!

16 comments:

Vanessa said...

This card is so beautiful, Virginia! Love the glossy accents and the colors and the design! Gorgeous!

Simone said...

Beautiful card Virginia! You use that stamp sooo well! Thanks for the daily inspiration :)

Alice Wertz said...

your poppy cards are gorgeous, Virginia!! so beautiful! i love it!

Karen B. said...

Love the glossy accents on the card!

Agata said...

Those colors are so beautiful! Love that combo, Glossy and the pearl on twine! Congrats to Louise!

Janetcraft said...

I love this card...so bright orangy color ...Love it Love it...simple but atractive!

Louise said...

Yeah!!! Thank you thank you Virginia! You're the best!
Love your new card!

Louise

Deirdre said...

Virginia, another beautiful card. Congrats to Louise. Thanks so much for voting for our team over on TGF. We really appreciate it. Hugs

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love the orange on this card Virginia, so pretty! Congrats Louise!

Tiffany said...

It's beautiful with the scalloped edges, it frames the images so nicely! Congrats to Louise, she will love playing with this stamp!

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful card <3

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

DroooooooL! Lovely. You could use that poppy stamp every day for 3 years & I'd never get tired of it. Gorgeous work! Congrats to Louise (yeah Canada!) ;o)

Kirsti said...

Love the card...just popped on to say hi via the Clips-n-Cuts Birthday Blog Hop...Kirsti x

Karen from MI said...

Very, very PRETTY, Virginia! I just LOVE the color combination that you used. I don't have that stamp.......I thought that it was a CLING, but I'm thinking that it's WOOD MOUNTED, right? It's a nice stamp that would work well for just about any occasion. CONGRATS to Louise C. She will use it many times, I'm sure. Love, Karen xo

Jill said...

WOW! This might just be my favorite poppy card of yours! Those big scallops look amazing! Love the way you designed this, Ms. Poppy Queen! :) Hugs!

Jessica said...

This is lovely, Virginia!!! The colors are so vibrant- just the way poppies should be :) I don't see any reason for putting it to rest ;)