Sunday, May 2, 2010

Around the World Challenge #1


My blogging/Flickr Friend Vicky from Greece is hosting her 1st challenge in her blog Clips-n-Cuts. Vicky has a weekly video in her blog and has won many challenges from Carrdvarks to Hero Arts. I  ADORE her creative and fun approach of her cards. She has this brilliant idea of hosting a challenge where readers like YOU can vote for the winning card! With her uber smart Hubby Aris who is the mastermind of  Inlinkz, this challenge can be made possible. I strongly encourage you to become her follower and join the challenge.
Here's the rules (if you want to know the details):
•Each Thursday a photo from some place around the world will be posted.
•You make a card/scrapbook page/paper craft inspired by the photo. No restrictions! Just get inspired by the colors on the photo, or by the shapes you see, or even by the general feeling or the culture of that place!
•Post your project on your blog/gallery and then submit at Clips-n-Cuts
•The submissions will last for 5 days (there is a countdown just next to the submit button so no matter your timezone you know how much time you have left-isn't that COOL?
•When submissions are over all the projects will be available for voting. A little star will be shown just above each submission.
•All you’ll have to do is click on the star of your favorite project . (Inlinkz voting totally rocks). Now readers pick the winner not the blog owner! (How neat!)
•You can vote just one card (not your own) but you can tell all your blog-friends to vote as well
•The voting will last for 2 days. You will be notified by email when the voting is starting!
•The top 3 winners will be featured in Vicky's blog and the 1st winner wins a $25 gift certificate from twopeasinabucket! (how GENEROUS!!)
Here's my take from the photo inspiration. The Row of Housses are not perfectly embossed, but I kind of like the look.
 I embossed the Row of House in white on white card stock and distressed it with Tim Holtz's  Weathered Jeans and Broken China.
Thank you, Vicky (and Aris), for hosting this fun challenge. I can' wait to see the next challenge! Please be sure to check out Vicky's blog and vote!!
Here's what I have been working on for the SRM Stickers Blog. My guest design spot is coming up soon.
Looks like a manly card in the works....no?

40 comments:

Patti Senter aka NW Lady said...

LOVE this!!!! Just love the distress paint on the white, really captures Vicky's challenge!

Tiffany said...

Lovely challenge photo and I love your take on it Virginia! The blues are stunning and I like the curved trail of the bling near the sentiment!

Karen B. said...

What a delightfully fun post from info on the new challenge, to the awesome card to the sneak peek! Love your card, my favorite part is the smokey gems coming out of the chimney! How creative.

Dawn said...

Love your houses... the distressed look of the embossing is just right for those wonderful old houses in Greece.... and NO I can't see a male card with all that pink... can't wait though to see what you do create!!!

Lin said...

Virginia, I love Vicky's idea, and will have to give this challenge some thought, since it is using BLUE! Love what you came up with for your submission. And your little peek at your next project is looking promising - can't wait to see the finished product!

Simone said...

WOW! I love your card! You used the blue and white brilliantly and love your embossing :) Oooh i sooo cant wait to see your card for SRM stickers! I love all those pink buttons :)

Karen from MI said...

Thanks for all of the INFO, Virginia! You sure are on top of these different blog challenges and events for stampers/scrappers. Love all of the details you shared. I will check out her blog. Any friend of yours is a friend of mine! :) Love your submission, too. Nice design and what a lot of love you put into creating it............Greece is BEAUTIFUL and so is your card.
Love, Karen xoxoo

AnitaRex said...

Love the imperfect embossing! I think your card is such a great take on the photo, especailly with those colors! And hahaha that will totally make a wonderful manly card!

Vanessa said...

Great card, Virginia! I think it's a perfect take on the photo!

Stamping Cafe said...

Brilliant card, Virginia! Love the imperfect embossing, turned out to be awesome effect! Fabulous take on the photo!

Dwita said...

Virginia, what a great take on that photo. Beautiful blue... Love it. Thanks for letting us know and encouraging us to join the challenge.

donna mikasa said...

Love your card! I love the embossing (it's the stamp, not you!) and the slight imperfection adds to the charm!

Good luck with your guest DT spot! I'd say a baby card is in the works?

Alice Wertz said...

wow!! beautiful take on the inspiration photo! such a pretty card, Virginia!! can't wait to see your first guest DT project for SRM Stickers!! =)

CinnamonSally said...

Brilliant take on the photo Virginia, love your blue house card.
Good luck with your DT spot.

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card Virginia, just perfect for those lovely challenge colours! I think I'm actually going there for my holiday as it looks like Santorini! Jo x

Sarah said...

Great take on the challenge, Virginia! Loopks like a fun one that I'll have to check out. :)

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia, love your card--the embossing is great and I love the houses. This challenge looks like it is lots of fun.

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE your card Virginia...Perfect for the challenge!!

Kathy Martin said...

What a great card Viginia! Boy I wish I had more time to play along with all these fun challenges! With Digital Doodles being so new, I'm constantly working on promoting them and new designs. Anyway, love you inspiring work! :)

moccavanila said...

Wow...Love your card,Virginia! Absolutely Gorgeous!

Nancy said...

Virginia, I'm so impressed, you totally captured the beautiful inspiration photo in this card. I love this!

alexandra s.m. said...

heeheehee...Virginia, you always make me smile!
Love your take on the challenge.

TFS!

Cheryl said...

I found your blog on the Clips-N-Cuts blog hop when I was poking about.

This is beautiful! I love your take on the phot inspiration.

Cheryl
http://shestamps.blogspot.com/

Jane said...

GORGEOUS card.....yummy ribbon!
xo

Vicky said...

Wow! this is so Greece! Love the embossed white houses and the background. Thank you so much for participating with this gorgeous card.

Kathy (krolski) said...

That embossed row of houses rocks!! Love it. Off to check out Vicky's challenge. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us on the SRM Stickers blog!

Tammy said...

What a great challenge! Thanks for the link--I hope to join in on the fun! Great card too!

Mariana Grigsby said...

I just stopped by Donna's blog.... Now I want to participate in that challenge :).... Beautiful card, the colors are wonderful! TFS

BabyBokChoy said...

Believe me when I say that we await with abated breath for Thursday...
This card is really cute, I need that stamp!

Dana said...

I just love this card Viginia! Love the stamping of the houses and that ribbon is just perfect together.

Patricia said...

So cute card i love it =P.

Monika Reeck said...

Virginia...this is really lovely color...love your distressing on the bottom of the card..seeehr shcoene card....thanks for your commenting on my blog...see you again on my Blog dear....hugs, Monika

teresa said...

Virginia, what a sweet card! I really like the gem-smoke. Adds such special touch. I'll go check out the challenge.

P.S. Congratulations on your guest designer. When do you find all these time to stamp, craft, scrap, & cook....?

Tejal said...

Love your card..voted for you..had to..nothing else pleased my eye after I saw your card..

Well well done..

Tejal

Courtney Baker said...

Great card Virgina! And great cards!

Jill said...

Love your take on the photo! TOTALLY FAB!

Tainan Jane said...

Virginia , 喜歡妳的染色技巧增加卡片的夢幻感覺 , 妳總是很會安排妳的裝飾元素 , 不僅配置得恰到好處而且又是完美的佈局 , 我喜歡這卡片的所有細節與妳所挑選的色彩 " PERFECT " .

Tainan Jane said...

Virginia , 喜歡妳的染色技巧增加卡片的夢幻感覺 , 妳總是很會安排妳的裝飾元素 , 不僅配置得恰到好處而且又是完美的佈局 , 我喜歡這卡片的所有細節與妳所挑選的色彩 " PERFECT " .

marianagrigsby said...

Congratulations Virginia!!!!! What a great card!

Trinh said...

Congrats, Virginia! I really love your interpretation of the photo.