Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge # 78


I have been following Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge for a little while. This week's challenge is inspired by the movie "Much Ado About Nothing" made in 1993 and features the talent of Kenneth Branagh, Emma Thompson, Denzel Washington and even Keanu Reeves. I remember seeing this movie and truly enjoyed it. The acting was rather enjoyable and engaging. The challenge requires the use parchment paper.I did a quick take on this challenge. I tried to emulate that time period. I watched a video clip and studied the clothing and the lush setting they were in...this is what I came up with.
I tore up a page my old dictionary and run it through CB and made the paper flowers.
Then I incorperated my old wedding lacey glove and the Speckled Ornament set from Hero Arts into this design. Just when I thought the card was coming nicely together, I then realize it has NO parchment paper! So I changed up the flower and added the paper to it.
Hope you can see the parchment pape (also underneath the sentiment). What a fun challenge this is!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
added note: This card is featured in CARDS blog  (cards with over one-year old product). I'm glad that I saved my old wedding lacey gloves just for this :)
Another added note: I received the prestigious Audrey Award for this card....Here's my acceptance speech: " I'd like to thank the "Academy" and my DH...and my wedding gloves!! You love me, you really really love me!"
I once wanted to be an actress when I was young, this is as close as it can get :)

28 comments:

Ayoune said...

it's sooo gorgeous Virginia,love the flower.

Isha said...

your card is just perfect with the theme and its Gorgeous. Love your work and thanks for motivating me with your super comments.

Dawn said...

Wonderful Virginia. Such a pretty vintage looking card... that lace is just lovely

Karen B. said...

Super pretty and vintage-y, its nice to see you dabble this way!

Tammy said...

Great take on the challenge Virginia!

Lin said...

GORGEOUS, Virginia, exactly right for this challenge! Love every choice you made! The speckled ornaments set is so perfect for this.

Barb said...

Wow, Virginia! Your "studying" really paid off! What fun it is to not only see this beautiful card, but to read how it all came together! Just lovely! :)

Kathy (krolski) said...

Virginia, this is gorgeous! I love all the different elements on your card. Just beautiful!

Jenny said...

Very pretty love it :) :) :) : ):) :) :) :) :) :)

Jette / ma11edina said...

What a beautiful card!! Love alle the elements and details, it looks great!!

Monika Reeck said...

Lovela flower and lovely lace Virginia and I love that Kraft Paper....GREAT CARD :)

Stamping Cafe said...

What a gorgeous card, Virginia! Love all the details and the lace on Kraft!!

alexandra s.m. said...

classical with a twist! Love it Virginia!

BabyBokChoy said...

Only you :) studying a video clip to do your card, you must have been an A student, total overachiever :)

Jill said...

So pretty!!! Love the lace and the warm, neutral colors!

Kelly Booth said...

So Pretty V...Great take on the challenge!!

Tiffany said...

Ooh, so stunning with the colors and the big lace trim is fabulous looking!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia, Love this card--it has a lot of class and I love your interpretation of the challenge.

Dotty Jo said...

Yummy colours Virginia and I love all that sweet lace! Jo x

Simone said...

So very pretty Virginia! Love the vintage colours and the lace is a beautiful touch!

Radha said...

Well done with the flower:))

Brooke S said...

Beautiful.. I love all the little details you added. The lace it just beautiful and the card is simple and elegant. Thanks for playing...
HUGS
BROOKE

Leesa B said...

Perfect card! Love the vintage feel and aged look of the white lace and kraft! The flower is beautiful. What a great way to spotlight a movie. Congrats on it being featured in the Cards Gallery. We can make lots to about this card and you! You are such an inspiring card talent!

Trinh said...

Just saw your card on the CARDS blog - it's beautiful & congratulations, yet again! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Alice Wertz said...

wow! this is absolutely gorgeous, Virginia!! LOVE the lace in this! yum!

Nat said...

stunning card, love the speckled ornaments in the background. beautiful!

Kathy (krolski) said...

I just saw this on the CARDS blog! Yippeee! Congrats Virginia! You're famous again! :)
Hope you're getting all ready for your trip! So excited for you and your family and can't wait to see some pics.

AnitaRex said...

Virginia you made me laugh with your acceptance speech!