Monday, May 17, 2010

EBTKS Challenge -sketch 15!

I wasn't going to play.....again I can't resist. I haven't packed for the trip to UK yet...still time :)
Here's the sketch from EBTKS Challenge as it provides me a great chance to use the LOVELY Kathy Martin's Party Banners (which is only $0.99 at Two Peas).
I positioned the red string with Glossy Accents and added the banners' dimension by printing extras and have them cut out. The glitter and small images from stamping add some more fun factor. To top it off, I added small silver brads to "hold" the banners. The sentiment is from SRM Stickers.
The card idea came quickly as the image of the banners got me inspired. Hope you have a great week ahead! I appreciate if you have any ideas about traveling to London, UK! I'd love to hear them :)

22 comments:

Anne in said...

Virginia this is absolutely adorable- love the little flags and just love the ric rak you added too! Love your brads and hand drawn ties on the banner- too cute!

Ayoune said...

This is so cute Virginia, Love the flags and the colours. ^^

AnitaRex said...

I love it! I love banners!

Sanne said...

So festive Virginia!

Barb said...

What a cute take on the sketch! Such pretty colors too, Virginia! Love this sweet card! :)

CinnamonSally said...

Sweet card Virginia, such a cheerful card.

Lin said...

Loooooove this!! Perfect for the challenge!

Lucy Abrams said...

Cute card Virginia - love that pretty banner.

Kathy Martin said...

Yes, Virginia....it's a darling card! Love what you did with the banner and that lovely fuzzy rick rack. CUTE! :)

Laural-Lee said...

Very sweet banner Virginia! And I like the paper as well. Great job with the sketch.

Karen from MI said...

DARLING card, Virginia! You amaze me that you are able to create AND plan for your trip, WITHOUT any concerns. Your card will be PERFECT for this challenge. Love how you attached the banner, too. Love, Karen ox

Jill said...

Your banner is so fun and festive! It really looks nice on this card!

Kathy (krolski) said...

How cute! I love the brads holding the banner - so clever! Great card Virginia!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Virginia, I love this fun and cheerful card and the banners are so festive. Great card.

Dawn said...

Great card Virginia. I must try this sketch. Yours really has inspired me. Love the banner.

Alice Wertz said...

so cheerful! love the pretty colors and those banners are so cute!! super card, Virginia!!

Courtney Baker said...

So cute!

donna mikasa said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love, love love! That banner is adorable and so very festive! I'm impressed with your multi tasking! Happy packing!

Simone said...

So fun and cute!! This is perfect for the challenge and beautiful and bright! I love how you use that banner kit. Might have to get it :)

ivy said...

so fun & festive!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Such a fun idea

Winter said...

So cute! I love the banner! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS Challange! :)