Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Food From My Kitchen :)

Won-Ton Soup with Romaine Lettuce
I am a self-taught cook. I have taken cooking lessons a few times, but mostly I learn as I go. I also taught a few cooking lessons myself. When Stephanie and David were in elementary school, I offered my cooking lessons in a silent auction to rasie money for their school. I would put a menu and had the place setting on display for parents to bid on a cooking lesson for four.
Shanghi Style Noodles
 It proved to be such a success that I decided to give more cooking lessons after. I am comfortable giving Asian cooking lessons because of my heritage background.
Ma-Pou Tofu with Mushrooms.
 I have also given my cooking as an end of the year thank-you gift to my children't music teachers. I would go to their homes (with all my supplies and food) and cook a meal for them as they entertained specials guests of their choice. Of course, my kids' teachers LOVE me (and my kids too)!
And oh...with a subscription to "Bon Appetit" , I consider myself well-equipted with the knowledge of the latest food trends and cooking tips/techniques. With a hungry appetite, how can one NOT be a foodie?
Stir Fry Eggplant with sweet/sour Sauce
That wraps up a few of the dishes that are the usual fare in my house. I will share Western-style dishes in the near future. Finally, here are little video clips of "little Gordon" (aka the @#^& Gordon Ramsey Part 1 and Part 2). I personally love the Part 2 and I feel like Gordon every time we eat out when we get a lousy service...I wish I could be like Gordon (LOL)! Enjoy!

21 comments:

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

Oh Virginia! I need these recipes! Especially, the Shanghai noodles!

Barb said...

Wonderfully, yummy looking dishes, V! Hope you're having a wonderful time on your trip! Thinking of you often! :)

donna mikasa said...

Oh, yummmm! This would make an excellent 5-course meal! Would you fly to Hawaii and be my private chef? Thanks for sharing...hope you are well!

Dawn said...

great food Virginia. You look like an excellent cook. I wish I could get lessons from you...

Lin said...

Virginia, it's only 8 am here, and you've got me wondering what I can have for lunch :) These are all yummy!

Kelly Booth said...

YUM.....Wish I could get some lessons from you...Looks so yummy!!

Nat said...

oh WOW these dishes look so good, I love the Shanghi Style Noodles they are my favorite. You are so talented Virginia!!

Anne in said...

Yummy looking dishes here Virginia- you are making me hungry! Hope you are having fun on your trip!

vera rhuhay said...

OhMy Goodness...those are my favorite foods....Virginia!!!! You made me drolling!!!!

karen said...

I would like to win the giveaway

Kathy (krolski) said...

I wish you could come to my house and cook! Everything looks delish! :)
Hope you're having FUN on your trip!

Kathy Martin said...

Yes, Viginia, I'm coming over for dinner! :) Looks so delicious! :)

Alice Wertz said...

mmmmm......... YUM!!!! i wish i could take a cooking lesson from you!! these look sooooo yummy!! =)

Tiffany said...

Mmm...so very yummy Virginia, thanks so much for sharing, hope you're having a blast!

Melissa said...

these look great! you must be a great teacher to have taught yourself how to make such yummy courses! Great idea selling cooking lessons!

Deirdre said...

Yum, look delicious... yum.

Jill said...

I'm starving after reading this post! And I really admire the way you share your gift with others!

Ayana Posadas said...

These all look SOOO delicious!!!

Patti Senter aka NW Lady said...

Wonton soup looks the best, mmmmmmmmmm

Suzanne C said...

YUMMY! Love your food pictures!

Karen from MI said...

Hi Virginia! LOVE your FOOD photos, even IF I'm not into oriental food. Yes, I've tried it and just can't acquire a taste for it, but what I lack, Ron and Molly make up for! Just think, SOON you'll be back home and able to serve some of your delicious dishes up for your family! Love, Karen xo