Thursday, May 6, 2010

Guest Design for SRM Stickers!

Today I'm so excited to share with you about my guest designing projects thanks to my win in SRM March Challenge. What an honor! Since this month's theme is "Celebrate Life", it can be translated in so many ways; birthdays, graduation, anniversary, ...., etc. So here are my take using the ever versatile SRM Stickers. I can't help making another purse card and I love the SRM sticker's sentiment "It's Your Special Day". This purse card is perfect for any occasion-birthday, anniversary, Mother's Day or ... Just Because cards. You should give this try...and you'll be amazed how easy it is!
I purposedly left out some coloring for the Wallflower background and I used my own simple purse template for this design. I love the embossed patterns and how the partial Label 8 works in this card.
 
The flower for the purse "buckle" is a felt flower and I added a big pearl. I chose it as it mimics the look of the stamped flowers. Making purse cards is very addictive. I can think of so many other designs and combo. This is a cheap retail therapy if you ask me :)
Next is a manly card I made with my new Hero Arts "Just A note " stamp set. It's rather easy to put together this design and of course, the stickers make it a cinch to finish it off.
This will be great for Father's Day or any birthday greeting to a guy!
I love the ease of using the SRM Stickers and found the sentiment so perfect to stick on the buttons. Check this one out....
Aren't these fabulous stickers as cute as the buttons?
Does it look yummy to you? I love the clean finished look of the big button with the stickers on them. Hope you enjoy these three cards that I created. What an honor to guest design for the SRM Stickers blog. Thank you, dear friends, for stopping by!

27 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Virginia, great DT cards!!!! Love each project, but especially love the stickers on that gorgeous pink button! Jo x

Alice Wertz said...

congratulations on your guest DT spot, Virginia! LOVE your fabulous cards!! wow! very different styles and colors! i love them all! =)

Dawn said...

All three cards are just incredible Virginia. Very impressive.

Simone said...

Wow! Congratulations Virginia on your Guest DT Spot!! Absolutely love all of your cards! The purse is amazing! :)

donna mikasa said...

Such wonderful cards, Virginia! Love them all! It's amazing what stickers can do--love it on the buttons! Enjoy your guest spot! Looking forward to seeing more purses.....

CinnamonSally said...

Wow congratulations Virginia on your DT spot, love all your cards but especially the pink button one and the purse.

Karen B. said...

Congratulations Virginia and well deserved! Thanks for the button tip too, I'm going to have to try that out! Wonderful showcase of cards today.

Tammy said...

All GREAT cards Virginia! The baby one is my fav, though! I thought of your purse cards when I saw this week's Moxie Fab's Trigger Tuesday--the inspiration photo is a purse. Have you played yet? You should!!

Lin said...

You did a great job, my friend! Love that cute purse (always wanted one that color :), but the buttons card is my fave......just so cute!!

Agata said...

Congrats Virginia! You rock, girl!!! This hand bag is absolute genius! And the card with buttons so sweet!!! Great job on everything!

Kryssi said...

o pretty, virginia! now.... where are the food pics? hahaha!

alexandra s.m. said...

Congrats Virginia, so well deserved!
Wonderful cards!
You make me one to make cards again ;-)
TFS!

Vicky said...

All the cards are fabulous as always, my favorite is the manly one! So unique! TFS

Marilyn said...

Love all of these cards, Virginia! Nothing beats a great handbag though!

Joan said...

Congratulations, Virginia! Great handbag design! Love the button card.

Kathy Martin said...

How fun to guest design and what lovely card you made with the SRM stickers! :)

Trinh said...

Fantastic cards, Virginia! Love that purse card!

Courtney Baker said...

So cute!

Vanessa said...

Congratulations, Virginia! Your work is fab, I love what you've done with the stickers!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Virginia, these are so great!! Love the purse card. Too cute! You did a fantastic job as guest designer!

Kelly Booth said...

Congrats Virginia...these cards are all so pretty but I just adore your purses!!

AnitaRex said...

What gorgeous cards and purse you created! So insipring! Love them! Love the stickers on the button! Congrats on being on the SRM stickers blog!

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

All the projects are so lovely. And that purse!! Too cute! And congrats on winning the 2nd place on Vicky's challenge! Your card always so wonderful. Hugs, Vera.

Tenia Nelson said...

Congrats!!! Love all of your projects!!! Just pure awesomeness!!!!!

Tiffany said...

Oooh, Virginia! Fantastic projects, I love how clean and crisp these designs are, lovely colors and details on each one...I LOVE the girly purse one, my fav!! So cute.

Nancy said...

They certainly chose the perfect guest designer, Virginia, as these cards are fantastic, fabulous and just so extraordinary! Congrats on being honored, you so deserve it!
bless you,
nancy

Stamping Cafe said...

Congrats on your guest spot, Virginia!! WooHoo... so happy for you, enjoy!! Your cards are totally fabulous, love them all! You are amazing!!