Sunday, May 30, 2010

Honey, I'm home!

I can't wait to tell you all the amazing things we did and saw during our 6 days in London. Here are the small samples of our trip...out of 2000 photos (credit: Stephanie and David).
We didn't expect to visit the train station until we went to the British Library which is only a block away from the station. Here's David pushing the cart into the wall at platform 9 3/4 just like Harry Potter. It was a riot as we posed for the photo.
  
Some funny moments during our trip...David took great joy in taking most unflattering photos of Stephanie. He is showing off his "good" work through his candid camera.                                      Stephanie's many snap shots of the London Eye. It took about two hours to get these continuous shots of the London Eye. As the night darkened, Dr. John and I had to go inside the nearby subway to keep warm...just so she can have these amazing photos.
We saw the changing of the guards at the Buckingham Palace just like all the tourists.
 The Queen was too busy to make a speech that day and didn't greet us in person :(
Our first day,we went to the  The British Museum (All the museum admissions are FREE!)
My children show their "respect" for the Egyptian displays...
The Queen Elizabeth II Great Court is an amazing room and architecture wonder.
And our trip will not be complete without seeing the Crown Jewels in the Tower of London. The security was super tight, my attempt of "heist" was not successful.
Stephanie did an amazing job taking this London Tower Bridge photo!! The sky was so BEAUTIFUL that it almost looked unreal! We were lucky to have all fantastic weather every day. I didn't see the London rain or fog..... something I don't mind missing.
And of course, we had to see the London Eye and go up for the ride.
It was a 30 min. ride and what a view! The Houses of Parliament (Neo-Gothic landmark) is in the background of our photo looking down from the London Eye.
The night shot of Big Ben was also amazing, isn't it?
My other highlight is to meet my Hero Arts Hostess Sista Cathy. She is just as lovely and sweet as I thought. Her voice was lovely and calm and can be like rapid fire as she got quite excited as we talked. We had so much fun chatting over everything, from HA's new Artist Proof catalog to our stamping /daily life.
We even took the Tube from our hotel to get to Harrods and had a light lunch together at the nearby Starbucks. I didn't take the coffee sleeves there as they are exactly the same here in North America.
Our DHs have a great bonding time chatting over their wives' obssession/addiction hobby...and gave each other needed support and encouragement.
We made it to Harrods together and had a blast shopping and looking over the most expensive handbags and eletronics. This picture was taken by Cathy. For more excitement of our visit, see Video (Part 1) and Video (Part 2)
 And if you think that was an amazing trip already, wait till you hear the ending.... Upon our check-in at Heathrow Airport, returning to Toronto, we were pleasantly surprised to be informed that we got a free upgrade to take four spots in the First Classs cabin with Air India!!! How AWESOME is that!?


As you can see in these three photos of Dr. John, he was smiling from cheek to cheek, even the children said that he looked like a KID!! 

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers for my family trip. I sincerely thank you and I honestly think The God Almighty is really looking out for us!!!  

PS: I will post some more inspirational photos later this month as there were so many food, flower and happy photos that I want to share with you. I will announce the winner for the Travel Stamp set giveaway on June 1 and some more exciting news to share.


  

32 comments:

Sarah said...

Welcome home, Virginia! Thanks for sharing your pics. Looks like you had a WONDERFUL time! Hugs!

BabyBokChoy said...

AWESOME AWESOME!!! I can't wait to see more pictures :) looks like you had a GREAT GREAT time!!! free upgrade to 1st class, what a dream come true!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Virginia, welcome home. I loved all the photos that you shared. It looks like you had a wonderful time and did not waste a minute. Your pictures bring back memories when my family and I visited London in 1988. Can't wait to see more pictures. Take care and God bless. Hugs to you.

P.S. Glad that you had a safe trip home.

Marilyn said...

Beautiful photo's of your trip, and it really put a smile on my face, seeing you and Cathy together! It was lovely watching the vido and hearing your voices! Looking forward to the next chapter! Welcome back, Virginia and family!

Lin said...

Wonderful pictures of your trip; loved viewing them all! Can't wait for more. Now, where are you going next?

AnitaRex said...

I really enjoyed seeing the photos from your trip and reading about it! What a wonderful trip it sounds like you had! Love Stephanie's photos! So good! :>

donna mikasa said...

Welcome home, Virginia!! My face hurts from smiling at all of your lovely photos! What a wonderful trip and such awesome photos! Thanks so much for sharing....I'm going back to the top and read this post again!

Karen from MI said...

I'm SO HAPPY that you had a GREAT time, Virginia and your photos and stories are AMAZING! This really looks like a trip of a life time to me! So many of the sites you shared I have never even heard of! I guess I need to read or get out more! :) I'm looking forward to hearing your news and more photos...........WELCOME HOME! Love, Karen xoxo

Barb said...

Hi Virginia! I'm so glad you're home! I missed you! Sounds and looks like a fabulous trip! So fun to see all these photos! I love the one with Stephanie's goofy face at the museum! And the four of you in front of Harrods is such a good picture! So fun to see Cathy holding the purse card you gave her too! Thanks for posting these! Looking forward to more! And again, welcome home! :)

Vanessa said...

Welcome home! I looove London! All these pictures made me want to go there again! The British Museum is a place where I could spend a week! And I have that picture of Platform 9 3/4, too! We never made it to the British Library though. Love the sweet photos of Cathy and you!

Dawn said...

Virginia.... thanks for sharing all these wonderful photos. I hope that the weather is as kind to me as it was to you. I will definitely go to the Museum after hearing you enjoyed it, didn't get there last time, and the London Eye wasn't there either so looking forward to that. Your photos are just amazing and I loved seeing the ones with Cathy.

Patricia said...

Welcome home Virginia thanks for sharing your wonderful photos.=P

Simone said...

Welcome home Virginia! Awesome awesome photos - thanks for sharing! Absolutely love the photos of the London Eye - Stephanie is sooo talented! Looks like you all had an amazing time and i loved seeing the photos of you and Cathy :)

vera rhuhay said...

Welcome home Virginia! Wow....Looks like you had a wonderful trip ,OMG...meet with Cathy!
Love all those Fabulous photos!Thanks for sharing with us,V!

Isha said...

Welcome back Virginia. Thanks for such lovely group of photos....enjoying them. I am happy that you had a great time....looking forward to more.

CinnamonSally said...

Looks like you had an amazing trip Virginia, I love visiting London, so much to see and do and you had fabulous weather too. Lucky you to be upgraded for the flight home. Looking forward to seeing some more photos.
Sally
PS love the shots of you and Cathy, such fun to be able to meet!!

Heather Maria said...

Oh Virginia loved seeing all these photos of what looks like a wonderful trip! I'm delighted you had such a great time! Great to have you back!

Alice Wertz said...

welcome home, Virginia!!!! thanks for all the gorgeous (and fun) photos!!! wow! looks like you had a blast! it's as if i was on the trip, too! i enjoyed reading your post and still smiling!! can't wait to see more photos!! =)

Fika said...

Welcome home sweet Virginia, looks like you had tons of fun and i'm so happy for that.. What a fantastic photos that Stephanie and David took. Plus meet in person with Cathy is so awesome (did i miss your I love HA banner? heehee) And the last photo of Dr. John smiling is just super cute.. Now i know where David get his cutie smile. So happy that your trip is SUPERB!! can't wait to see your next photos :)

Nat said...

great photos, your trip looks like so much fun! Love seeing the photos of Harrods, I have heard so much about this depatrment store. (I still have a little woden doll my grandmother gave me from Harrods.) We missed you :) welcome back!

Jill said...

SOOO glad your trip went well! Thanks for sharing all of your incredible photos with us! Glad you made it back safely!

Jenny said...

What awesome pics... glad you had so much fun!!! Looks like a blast! :) :) :) :) welcome back!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Welcome home Virginia! I just LOVE all of your photos! Looks like such a great time!! And how fun to meet up with Cathy! Can't wait to see more pics! We missed you!

ivy said...

welcome home (i know i am a little late--i am just catching up on blogs now!)
TFS the lovely photos!

Belinda said...

Looks like a fab trip!!! What fun photos!

Leesa B said...

Stephanie and David's photos are amazing! I actually felt like I was there and your stories were like a wonderful novel to savor! S0 glad you had such a wonderful trip! Enjoyed your your sharing and it made my evening!

Mel said...

Wow, Virginia, I LOVE this blog! Your photos of London are fabulous. I particularly like the one of you and John in front of Big Ben, and the one of the kids in the museum! Nice expression Stephanie!!
Thank you for sharing this with me... I can see that I have alot of work to do on my "blogs"!!
Mel

Tiffany said...

What a lovely journey you had!! So glad you are back safely! These are so gorgeous! Each picture really tells a good story! So glad that you got to meet up with sweet Cathy too! Hope you'll get your hands on some of those new and yummy stamps soon!

Suzanne C said...

Fantastic pictures and it looks like you all had a fabulous vacation!

Deirdre said...

Virginia, wow.... looks like you had an AMAZING time.... love the photos - so fun. The series of the London eye with night falling is just fab. Looks like you have two budding photographers on your hands. Thanks so much for sharing.

jaemom said...

Oh, I've had my head in the sand, I didn't realize you came back already! Looks like a fabulous trip, and your commentary on the photos/trip just cracked me up!! Love seeing your beautiful face. :)

CanadianScraps43 said...

Wow this is so cool! I didn't even know that Cathy even lived in England. Lol! your so fortunate. I have been thinking of you and praying that you are doing okay since your Father's passing. Take Care Sweetheart!