Friday, May 28, 2010

More purse cards... and a little tutorial.

I'm sharing this purse card that I made for Tuesday Trigger from a few weeks ago. I didn't think it was good enough to post because the proportions were not quite right and the colors were off with the TT. But...I changed my mind and decided to share it after all. Maybe you can find a little bit of beauty in it. Yes?
 I used the versatile SRM Stickers for the handles and added the pleats (which took me forever!). For the purse handles on this one, I glued two pieces of the diecuts in between the pleats and the top part of the purse. It was very straightforward to make.
Many of you requested to see see a tutorial...well, here it is! You start out with a piece of card stock, fold it in half and trim both sides and make sure they are symmertrical. My method is very primitive. So if I can make it you can too!
Here's how it looked...I used the corner punch to round up the bottom corners.
This is how I made the flap this time. I used a circle cutout and fold it over the top.
Then I poked two holes on top and strung the stiff rickrack through the holes. I stapled the card from the inside to keep the rickrack in place. I kept the straps simple this time. I also added the stamped butterfly, gems, buttons (for the finished look)...that's it! I hope you are not disappointed with the tutorial. Let me know if you have any more questions. I'll be happy to show you the ropes :)
I made this for Cathy as she gave me this girlfriend stamp a while ago. It's only fitting to make a card with that message as I will be seeing her for the 1st time soon! Here are the Canadian goodies that I will be bringing to Cathy -Canadian coffee, Canadian maple syrup, Canadian spice, a Canadian thermometer with the our national symbol the maple leaf, and a locally made spoon holder for her kitchen.
When you read this, I will be meeting Cathy in London today. Yes, today!
HELLO GIRLFRIEND!

22 comments:

donna mikasa said...

...this is soooo cool, Virginia! I keep telling you to put your VL designer label on them! They are all truly one of a kind....Looking forward to seeing photos of you and Cathy! So exciting!

Barb said...

Oh boy, is Cathy ever going to love all these lovely gifts, Virginia! And she'll just adore that purse card! Great tutorial too!

I know you must be having a wonderful time! I sure do miss you around the pool! Big hugs! :)

Dawn said...

How exciting ... I bet Cathy will just loving meeting you and what a delightful card. I am going to try following your tutorial... but guarantee it won't be as great as yours are.... You did a great job on the tutorial.

Ashley M said...

Your purse cards are just the best! I want to make one! I hope you are having a blast with Cathy.

Vanessa said...

Super purse! Oh, and I'd love to be in London with you, I love London!! Have fun!

Monika Reeck said...

Thanks for the tutorial Virgina cute Purse and great using the scallop Stamp..woow you bring much Crafting things...as I was in Indonesia I cant bring much Ink also my creativity was with less crafty things :) but hope you have a happy day meeting with Cathy...I wish I could meet one of HA Lady in Europe too...by the way I have blog hop, maybe you like to see on my Blog? here is the links to makes you easier dear....have a great day...

http://creativewithmonika.blogspot.com/2010/05/fist-blog-hop-on-digi-doodle-shops-best.html

Lin said...

Great mix of Canadian products! I had forgotten about Tim Horton's. You probably are together as I write this....I am SO JEALOUS!! Have fun, you 2! Thanks for the purse instructions, Virginia, and I love all your variations.....keep them coming!

Nat said...

Hi, Thanks for showing us how to make your purse card. I love it and will have to try making one! Love all the Canadian goodies you put together for Cathy, such a great selection(bet she will love the Tim's Coffee)!

Sarah said...

Thanks for the tutorial, Virginia! I'll have to get it a go sometime. :) Have a wonderful time with Cathy today!

Karen from MI said...

GREAT TUTORIAL, Virginia! I'm sure you had a WONDERFUL time with Cathy! She seems like she would be the SWEETEST person. Can't wait to hear all about your meeting and see some photos. I KNOW that she will LOVE your very THOUGHTFUL gifts! Love, Karen xoxo

kupukupukuning said...

your purses are very cute and easy to make... gonna make some for my friends then! it is a pleasure to know you
jovita

Tiffany said...

You're on such a roll with these cute little purse cards! Love them! Hope your day with Cathy is full of fun and lots of chit-chat!!

BabyBokChoy said...

SO cute!!! I love it, thanks for the step by step.

Laural-Lee said...

Thanks so much Virginia for the Tutorial. It's way simpler than I thought. Yours always look amazing. That Gift looks wonderful and so patriotic :) Cathy will love it I'm sure especially the card. HOpe you are having a wonderful time in London....have a safe trip home.

Marilyn said...

What wonderful yummy gifts from Canada, and to top it all off, your delightful card! Enjoy your meeting, and have fun, fun, and some more fun!

Dwita said...

Superb purse, Virginia.... Have a great time meeting Cathy.. And curious about what you two are going to do there.... Crafting? Shopping? Whatsoever, have a wonderful trip...

Suzanne C said...

How wonderful! Love the template! The gifts are wonderful and I saw your fun pictures with Cathy over on flickr so I know you are having fun!

Alice Wertz said...

wow! super purse cards, Virginia!!! thanks for the tutorial, too! and hope you had a great time meeting Cathy!! can't wait hear the stories and the photos!! =)

Nat said...

Hi, I made one of your purse cards! Super fun design. Thank you for the tutorial!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Thanks so much for the tutorial - it's great! I love your purse card! I'm sure Cathy loved the Canadian goodies!

allthingspurple said...

My 9yr old daughter is in love with your handbag and is now pestering me to get the materials for her to make one. I have never scrapbook before and is looking forward to learning more from you. Thanks for sharing !

CanadianScraps43 said...

Not sure how I missed this wonderful tutorial! So glad I checked Nat's uploads in my contacts today. I am gonna do this eventually! Those Canadian gifts were great ideas. Your so clever. Sorry I haven't been in touch, but I have been thinking of you.