Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Some Random Stuff...

I'm not posting any cards today. Just some random stuff from my yard and kitchen. Enjoy Spring!!
Since Spring is late in coming here in the Great White North, the tulips are just starting to bloom now. This Flowering Almond is right near the driveway in front of our house.
These are Trillium growing in my backyard woods. It's Ontario's provincial flowers. Picking Trillium for their flower can seriously injure the plant.
The three leaves (more correctly leafy bracts) below the flower are the plant's only ability to produce food stores and a picked trillium can take many years to recover.
Isn't it beautiful? So now we are moving to my kitchen...here's what I made for lunch.
I made the white creamy sauce from scratch. I do not use recipe any more simply because I am just too lazy! All you need is (very little) minced garlic, milk, flour, salt, pepper...and lots of Parmesan cheese! And last but not least is this picture of my son David. It was taken by my daughter Stephanie who envisioned a photo shot of him playing cello on our driveway with the backdrop of the sky...
 On a last happy note, it looks like I will be doing some more guest designs for the Treehouse Digital stamps this summer. Here are the contest details for the free digit stamp, YOU can be the next winner and get to guest design for the month of June! I was asked to extend my guest design stint from June to August and I said YES. Do check out this Thursday's post in  SRM Stickers for my guest design projects. And oh... have you voted for your favorite card at Clips-n-Cuts ?

18 comments:

Lin said...

You have lots of fun stuff today, my friend! And I learned something, too, about trilliums. We have them growing in the woods near our house, and also some around the foundation of our house. They aren't doing as well this year here - I wonder if I picked some last year? Won't do that again!
Love your tulips and beautiful flowering almond, too. Lunch looks pretty good ;) and David looks older in that pic! Why am I surprised?
Congratulations on your contract being extended - I'm not at all surprised! I see the world is finding out what we all at Flickr have known for a long time! So pleased for you!

BabyBokChoy said...

Excellent cello photo, great composition and all!! and yes, spring is wonderful!

Anne in said...

Lovely flower photo's- I wish I had some trillium flowers growing here...now I'm jealous of you Virginia! Lunch looks yummy too- you are making my tummy growel!

Kathy Martin said...

Oh my what lovely flower photos! Tulips are my fave! That flowering almond is stunning! Lunch looks delicious! And your son....handsome guy! Thanks for sharing! :)

donna mikasa said...

Gosh, what lovely, lovely photos! The flowers, the food, the cellist! It's always a treat visiting your blog! Now I'm hungry....!

AnitaRex said...

I love seeing your flowers! So pretty! And reading of your food, my hubby made homemade macaroni and cheese the other day after I stopped him from buying the boxed stuff (bad stuff in there!) So happy for you and your guest spot at Treehouse! Nice download too, I have an idea! :>

alexandra s.m. said...

Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures and congrats on continuing the D.T!
xox

Ayana Posadas said...

Gorgeous pictures!
The tulips are my favorite!
And your pasta looks delicious! Yummm! :)
And wow, your son plays the cello too! (In addition to the piano)... that's impressive!
Thanks for sharing! :)

katherineee said...

thanks for sharing the photos! Flowers are abs. BEAUTIFUL. you know what. I am starving when i was seeing your spaghetti..

Dawn said...

Your flowers are so lovely Virginia. What a joy to have these beauties in your card,... love the photo of your son - very artistic. And food... your lunch looks very scrummy

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks for sharing such lovely photographs Virginia, Jo x

Kathy (krolski) said...

I love your pics today Virginia! Such pretty flowers! And the pic of David is exceptional! Congrats on continuing your Guest Design spot! Can't wait to see your projects!

Marilyn said...

Great photos, and enjoyed all of them! I'm not suprised about the Trilliums, as they are so delicate and dainty looking!
I'm telling you, Virginia! You need to have your own show on the "Cooking Network"! Your white sauce looks too yummy! I think I need to send hubby out to find some shrimp, and stir up this goodie!
Hugs, Marilyn

Kryssi said...

oh YUMMMM! u are a great cook!

Barb said...

Great post, Virginia! I love all the pictures and it's so fun to peek at a bit of your life! I've never heard of a Flowering Almond before. It is a stunning plant!! Your lunch looks so yummy! Love the picture of your son!! Great shot with the sky behind him! And one more thing...Congrats on being asked to continue designing! Although I am not surprised at all!! Hugs! :)

Tiffany said...

Gorgeous photos, thanks so much for sharing your wonderful world of spring time and your food, ofcourse! So happy to hear you've accepted the extension on your designing, how fun!! Can't wait to see your future works!

Alice Wertz said...

such eye candies! i love those flower photos, Virginia! thanks for sharing!! =) thanks for sharing the drooling photo of your lunch again! LOL! i am moving next door! and wow! the David picture is amazing! i love the angle and the feel of it. Stephanie is so talented!!

Leesa B said...

Love the Cello photo!!! All the lovely flowers brighten my day! Yummy pasta sauce. May try that one. Congrats on more guest spot work but I agree with everyone that you are a bright new card designer on the rise and we love your talent and can't enough!