Saturday, May 8, 2010

Tuesday's Trigger-another purse card!

When my blogging friend Tammy encouraged me to enter the Tuesday's Trigger challenge. That gave me another "excuse" to make my latest craze-purse card! Here's the trigger presented by my talented blog friend Nina Bracket.
I love the gorgeous pleats and button of this purse. The color combo is simply "delicious". So here's my take of the inspiration...
I know the colors are not quite the same as the picture...
 but believe me, this is my 2nd one. My first one's colors were WAY off. So I'm not even going to post it.
I didn't have this avacado green from the purse, so this is as close as I can get. I simply mimic the design and add my personal touches. I guess that's what TT is about, right?
Oh.... and in case you miss seeing my two previous purse cards, here they are!
I did go out for Mother's Day dinner last night (avoiding the crowd on Sunday). We went for Japanese food. I ordered Sashimi (raw fish) and Sushi rolls...YUM! This morning my son and I had our breakfast out. Happy Mother's Day, you beautiful mothers out there!! 
 Added note:  For those of you who are interested in making a purse card, I will try to do a photo tutorial or a video some time. I don't use and have any template. It's really easy to make one yourself using a regular card base.

24 comments:

Karen B. said...

Ok now, these purses of yours are the cutest! I love them, and I agree with Tammy, I'm glad you entered the Trigger!

judkajudi said...

You are the purse queen! Happy Mother's Day!

Nicole said...

Wow Virgina, these are amaing! Those flowers look real! I'm a Canadian blogger too:)

http://canadiannickelscrapn.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

LOVE your purse cards, Virginia!!! So trendy!

Alice Wertz said...

fabulous purse card once again, Virginia!!! love it!

Dawn said...

Your purse cards are awesome Virginia. Love all the different handles. You will have to do a tutorial on how you do them!!!!

Kathy Martin said...

These are darling little purse cards! So creative are you! :)

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia -- your purse cards are gorgeous; love them. Have a Happy Mother's Day! Hugs to you.

Kathy (krolski) said...

I just love your purse cards Virginia! I so need to try this! Happy Mother's day my friend!

AnitaRex said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too Virginia! Love your purse, the flowers on the bottom too cute!

alexandra s.m. said...

There're beautiful and fun!
I want to make some too now ;-)
Happy Mother's day Virginia!

suzieq23 said...

I am a pocketbook, cardmaking, scrapbooking addict. Love, love, love your purses. Where can i get the template? Thanks.

Tammy said...

Yay!! I'm so glad you entered the challenge! Love your purse! You'll have to post a tutorial on how to make these!!

CinnamonSally said...

These purse cards are gorgeous Virginia, Love the green with the orange flowers, beautiful. Did you make the shape yourself or is it a template?

Janetcraft said...

You are talented with the purses creation..they are lovely with so feminine looks

Jill said...

I adore your purse cards! This is such a great take on the inspiration piece! You are amazing, Virginia, I am always impressed with what you "cook up!"

Ayana Posadas said...

Very cute work! Love the purses!
Hope you have a fantastic Mother's Day Virginia!

Kathy said...

That...your purse cards are simply awesome! Happy mums day to you... Happy to hear about you celebrations xo

Nat said...

Hi Virginia, Happy Mothers Day to you!! Hope you have had a relaxing day!! Love these yummy purse cards you are creating! :)

Laural-Lee said...

Your purses are always so sweet. I really like the orange one! Since you like making them do you have a collection of actual purses as well? I love getting a new bag or purse or wallet...almost as much as new shoes :)

Happy Mothers Day to you Virginia!

BabyBokChoy said...

You are on a serious purse roll!! And Coach is ready to hire you to make purses for them, they are FABULOUS!!! Happy Mother's Day.

Monika Reeck said...

Love your bag with flowers in green color that is soo soo sweet Virginia....you are now a production of a Purse card my dear hehe...ADORABLE creation...

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Lin said...

I LOVE seeing all your purses together! I didn't realize from reading your Flickr post that this was so inspired by the trigger - what a great take, my friend!