Saturday, June 26, 2010

Digital Doodles (Butterfly)

 As a Digital Doodles member, I was given this butterfly image to create anything to join the challenge. This is hosted by the uber talented creator of Digital Doodles- Kathy Martin (you can get her kits here). This is my FINAL (3rd version).
I re-size the butterfly and made it REALLY big. I think this is the biggest butterfly that I have ever made. It was kind of fun! I stamped two colors with Hero Arts Woodgrain Circle for the body and traced the metal wire with the image, then I added gems and the big pearl (colored in orange with copic marker). (edited note: after I uploaded and posted the card, I then found out the challenge requires to use OTHER Digital Doodles images to incorporate into the card/project! I quickly added the Party Banner to the butterfly trail. It kind of worked!?)
If interested, here are the  1st version and 2nd version. Which version do you like? I am addicted to SRM Stickers for the sentiment as you can tell.  Did you see the little Sakura/cherry blossom flowers? I got this flower punch from my trip to Taiwan. There are so many stationary store with all the cool paper supplies,  however, there are very few craft/scrapbooking supplies shops where my mom lives. I'm going to shop in the bigger cities as much as I can when I'm back to Taiwan in December. Anyhow this little craft punch was just $1 US. I knew I should have bought more!!

17 comments:

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful delightful cards, Virginia! i like them both. i love your big butterflies! very pretty details! love seeing your happy cards! =) take care and enjoy your weekend!

Barb said...

Hi V! I DID notice the pretty flower punch and just love it! That butterfly is so cool! Love the way you stamped it with the woodgrain! These colors are so soft and delicate! Love both versions!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, so clever to use the woodgrain stamp for the butterfly's body! Love both versions and your souvenir flower punch is perfect!

Dawn said...

What a clever idea - love the wood-grain looks awesome - I liked both but the string trail does look more natural. Your little Sakura flower punch was a bargain.

Monika Reeck said...

very lovely butterfly Virginia...cute gems on the butterfly...so happy color...wonderful card dear..

BabyBokChoy said...

I seriously need to figure out how to do these digital doodle things, I think I just need to print! right? Love your card, it's really cute!

Kathy Martin said...

LOVE your card! What a great butterfly! Fabulous how you added your own wire and gems! Love the idea of making it into a kite using the party banner stamp...very creative! :)

Kathy (krolski) said...

I love the 3rd version! Great idea to use the banner like that. And I love the big butterfly. Great card Virginia!

Ayoune said...

Very Cute card Virginia, Love the sweet colour

Ayana Posadas said...

I just loveee that 3D butterfly!
So bright and colorful... Beautiful card!

Ashley M said...

This is so happy and cheerful! Just like you!

scrappin.bari said...

This card really makes me smile, Virginia! Love the butterfly with woodgrain pattern!

Heather Maria said...

Gorgeous card Virginia! I love the beautiful butterfly with the wonderful butterfly trail and the colours are so pretty. It's great to see all the different versions, they are all beautiful but I think this one is my favourite. Great bargain with the punch - bring an empty suitcase in December!!

Jane said...

ADORABLE!! LOVE it!

Karen from MI said...

Hi Virginia! What a SWEET card! You sure put a lot of time into creating it and it shows. Nice BRIGHT colors to add to the "cheeriness" of it! Good luck in the challenge. I KNOW that they will LOVE it. Love, Karen oxoxxo

Tiffany said...

I really like this butterfly Virginia, I loved all 3 variations you've made with it! Love the summery colors!

Nat said...

beautiful, I just love the Summery feel and colours too. Another awesome card!!
(Shame about downtown Toronto, what a mess!)