Monday, June 7, 2010

Tiffany Doodles FIRST challenge on the 7th!

Tiffany Doodles is hosting the monthly challenge that takes place on the 7th day of each month. This very first challenge will be using the sketch designed by b the uber talented Jenyfur (Torn Paper). You have 4 chances to win up to 7 digis.
1st place - 7 digis,
2nd place - 5 digis,
 3rd place - 3 digis,
Random winner - 3 digis
  How AWESOME is that! You have plenty of time to play as this is a month-long challenge and you can submit as many as you like!
Many of you know that I LOVE making purse cards. Well, I made two more! I love these stylish and gorgeous images! Oh.... and don't forget to check out the lastest freebie (Sunny Face) and images from rustic to whimsical. Just play with the images and I'm sure you'll love it.
I love the handles, styles and design of the purse images!

 Love the blings, huh? Well, who wouldn't? I first re-sized the images and have them printed on pattern paper and then finish off the little touches for the purses. Add brads and  SRM Stickers for the sentiment.Voila!
While I was at it, I prined out extra images on pattern paper. I love polka dots on purses, so I had to make one.
  I used my older set of stamps from Hero Arts and made the following quick card.The little blue flowers are cutout from my friend Jane. Some of the gems are authentic Sawarovski blings!! Can you spot them? I used strings for the handle. That Glossy Accent works like magic as a glue!
Making these cards was therapeutic for me as I am trying to cope with the loss of my father. It's been a week since he left us. I am forever grateful to him as he gave me all the creativity and ability that I have today. Early on, he encouraged me to take up languages as we both love to read Reader's Digest. He read his in Japanese and I read mine in English. That was how I learned and improved my English. He was SO proud when I won 1st place in the Regional English Speech contest!! Those were in my high school days....
Thank you so much for the encouraging comments and kind thoughts. I am deeply deeply touched. Now you should head to Tiffany Doodles if you haven't !

20 comments:

Dawn said...

Virginia - these are just delightful. Both your purse cards are so clever. And chin up my dear... you'll be with your family soon.

donna mikasa said...

Love your "therapeutic" cards, Virginia! Your dad's spirit was definitely near you--each card is gorgeous! I've got to get me those purse digis!
Hope you are well....Hugs!

Dwita said...

It's surprising to see your cards during this time. And glad that you said it's a therapeutic moment for you by making these beautiful cards. Hugs...

Alice Wertz said...

it's you and the handbags, V!!! =) beautiful and delightful cards, girl! so glad to hear that card making is therapeutic to you, because i love seeing your cards as they brighten up my day. =) thanks and take good care, my friend! sending you lots and lots of hugs!

Sarah said...

So cute, Virginia! You are THE purse lady! :)

Tiffany said...

I just love how you made these purses so fancy!! How fun! I love reader's digest too!!

Kim said...

Darling cards Virginia! And I love the photos and words about your Dad. Continuing to think and pray for you during this difficult time.

Kathy (krolski) said...

Your purse cards are just adorable Virginia! I've been thinking about you during this difficult time. I'm glad you were able to make some cards to help you cope. Sending you prayers and hugs.

CinnamonSally said...

Love your purse cards Virginia very pretty. I am glad you have been able to craft at this difficult time, I find card making great stress relief ( hope it helps you a little to ).

Jane said...

Adorable cards! love them!

Jill said...

Your purse cards--- totally FAB! Love that sketch, too! And, Virginia, I'm sending lots of HUGS your way!!!

Julie Masse said...

Such wonderful cards! I love the colors of your purses - so cute! :)

Simone said...

Such gorgeous cards Virginia! You have been in my thoughts and I'm so glad you are able to find crafting theraputic at during this hard time. Huge hugs to you! :)

ivy said...

love your girly cards!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Virginia, I Love your purse cards--they are very cute and you are so creative. S0 glad to hear that your cards are therapeutic for you. Card making for me helps me ease any stress that I might have. I am continuing to pray for you and your family. Take care and God bless. Hugs to you

Ayana Posadas said...

Very pretty card, Virginia!
Hope you are doing well.

Tiffany said...

These are all super adorable! You've made these purses look too stinking cute Virginia, love it!

Kryssi said...

super cards, v! and i'm so sorry about your father! hugs!

Kathy said...

I love all of the purse cards that you make...maybe you should design purses?? Your purse cards and so pleasing to the eye I think I would buy one to wear. Sending love your way
xo

Kryssi said...

both cards are superb. hugs, girl! keep that head up! :)