Sunday, July 18, 2010

U R SWEET

I always like the modern, hip, clean and crisp designs. Often I would show my cards to my DD Stephanie. She seems to have a good sense what a modern and cool (or shall we say, uncluttered) layout is like! I made a card for Moxie Fab World's Clean & Graphic! Challenge. Also I'm entering it for the current Hero Arts challenge (see here).  
UR SWEET
I colored the light pink chipboard colored it with red copics and slowly, I came up with the design.
 This Sundae image was part of a big stamp set that I have for a long time, but I have never played with it until today!
Thanks to the fabulous video from Lucy (see here), I knew I had to have some fun with it.  My Flickr comments about this card can be seen here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I I had so much fun cutting out this Daisy image last night and I just want to share with you here...
happy birthday to you
I made this card for the Carrdvarks Challenge (see here). The daisy image is from Tiffany Doodles (see Daisy Bloom-W/Blossom). The sentiment is from SRM Stickers
Have yourself a SWEET SUNDAY!

13 comments:

Jenny said...

These are so great, LOVE them!!! :) :) :) :) :) Hope your having a wonderful day! HUGS!

alexandra s.m. said...

Two beauties Virginia!
Thank you ~

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

How cute is this card {the first one}??? LOOOOOOOOVE it! I love the color combos and the way there is "white" space! SUPER CUTE! That second one is beautiful! Love the pop of flowers!! You are SUPER AWESOME!!!

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

Love these! That sundae looks good enough to eat! And those daisies make me happy! Great cards Virginia!

Karen from MI said...

Hi Virginia! LOVE your cards, especially the daisy card. I think that it's PUBLICATION WORTHY! Why don't you try to submit it! Those daisies are BEAUTIFUL! Love your color choice, too. Love, Karen oxxo

donna mikasa said...

Love both your cards, Virginia! Great paper piecing on the sundae and I thought you used a Cricut for the daisies! Great colors on kraft! Love!!

Simone said...

These are soooooo gorgeous!! How yummy is that sundae!! Stunning cards Virginia!

Barbara said...

I missed these yesterday when you posted Virginia! I love the clean and graphic look of your first card and those daisies are so pretty on the second card! That cutting is so detailed and the 3 gemstones are the perfect accent to this card!

Rhonda Emery said...

I love both cards so great. I am now a follower.
www.scraphappenswithRhonda.blogspot.com

Jill said...

Your first card is just too sweet, sweet, sweet!!! And that daisy card has my jaw on the ground! I love everything about it-- such a happy card!

Alice Wertz said...

LOVE the simple design on your first card, Virginia! fabulous!! and you cut those daisies??? wow! they are beautiful! very pretty card, too! love them both!!

Tiffany said...

Beautiful cards!! You are making me hungry with the icecream sundae!! Mmmm!!

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! Thanks for entering the Let's Do Clean & Graphic Card Style challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)