Saturday, July 31, 2010

Etsy Inspired Challenge # 99

We are counting down to the Etsy Inspired Challenge #100.  All you need to do is ENTER. There is no limit to the entries as long as it's a card/project inspired by the named shop.
For this week, the Shop: Becky Kazana. Check out the adorable items from this shop and get creative! The winner will be awarded with A set of three beautiful cards!
Our generous sponsor is Bugaboo stamps (see here)
winner: choice of 7 free digi
As a DT member, I am lucky to receive a digital stamp from Bugaboo, I chose "Just Married" image. This card is going to our nephew Stephen who is getting married in one month in Philly. My family and I are going to attend the wedding-YAY!
My inspiration came from this cute card from Becky Kazana
Here's my take with the inspiration.
you deserve the cupcake
It's been a while since I made a one layer card. Since I got some new ink, it gives me the perfect chance to let the ink shine!
Jacki (on leave)
Savannah  Savannahland 2
Heather Rolin (July Guest DT)  My Creation Station
Virginia Yes, Virginia... (me)
Please link back your project here
DON”T FORGET! Next week ...August 7th is our BIG 100th Challenge! Check out the details here! Each DT will have a give away from one of our many amazing sponsors and one lucky winner will win a prize pack of 100 items!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is the long weekend here in Canada, I will be heading off to an Archiver's in Michigan. Hopefully I will have some NEW yummy craft supplies! While I am there, I will see my best and sweetest stamping friend Karen P.!  I. can't . wait!

27 comments:

Barb said...

And boy does that ink shine, Virginia! I love the sweet elephant with the stamps and gems! And the card for your nephew is just the cutest! Wonderful coloring and love those little hearts at the ends of the bow! Your blog always makes me smile, my friend!

Alice Wertz said...

awww.... love your adorable wedding card, Virginia!! so so cute and you colored it so beautifully! you elephant card is so pretty! love all the beautiful colors! fabulous one layered card!! love them both!! lucky you! i would love to go to an Archiver's someday!! Have fun and say hi to Karen!! =)

Joy said...

cute cute cards!

Dawn said...

Lovely one layer card Virginia... your elephant looks amazing. Love your wedding card too. Enjoy your trip and hope you find lots of goodies

Karen B. said...

hee hee, great take on the inspiration! I love your elephant card!

Kerry said...

How did I miss that cute 'just married' image?! :) Adorable card!

SmilynStef said...

Cute cute cute ... love that elephant card design.

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Both of your cards are just adorable, Virginia! :)

de said...

Virgina! So adorable! OMG that wedding card image and design is so cute! Your nephew will LOVE it! Perfect for the shop too and that elephant birthday card?! SO CUTE and perfect for your inspiration card!

StampinCathy said...

Both your cards are just fabulous. I love your takes on your inspirational pieces. Love the bright and cheery colors. Thanks for the inspiration.

linda said...

Wow, beautiful cards! Can't wait for the big event, as well...yay!

vera rhuhay said...

Aw...I love the wedding card...so cute!!!!

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

Super cute cards, Virginia! That elephant card is just pure genius! I love it!

Emily Branch said...

Hey!!! The emailed images worked for your blog! I love the Elephant card that you made! Clean, colorful, whimsical and fun!! GREAT cards!

Melissa said...

That is so adorable!! I love the different colored jewels! What a great idea!

Courtney Baker said...

So very pretty!

donna mikasa said...

Love your whimsical cards, Virginia! I'm so excited for you and your Michigan trip! Remember to give KP a hug from me!

Judy1223 said...

I love your card...such a cute take on the elephant inspiration by Becky! Your nephew Stephen is cure to love his card, too...sounds like his wedding is not far from me (Southern NJ) in Philly. Have fun!

Monika Reeck said...

the first card is soooo cuuute Virginia...super Images und sehr lovely karte....the elephant card is so cute too....you are queen of making cute card dear....how are you Virginia....hugs

Linda said...

Virginia--as always I LOVE your creation.. I'm always amazed at what you're inspired to make. its so often completely different from the inspiration itself but it's perfect too!

You've inspired me to create something for this challenge too! Thank yoU!!! it's up on my blog now :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

ACK!!!!!!! I looooooove that elephant card! I love how the cupcakes are coming out of his trunk! SOOOOOOO CUTE! I also love that wedding card---I just love anything that is about LOVE:) LOVE IT:) Congrats to your nephew;)

Simone said...

Wow! I sooo LOVE both cards!! They are way too cute!! Congrats to your newphew and I hope you have a fantastic time at archivers :)

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

Super cute elephant card!! Love the cupcakes...heehee! Adorable! :) The wedding card is so fun too. Your nephew will love it!

Karen from MI said...

Hi Virginia! With all of the excitement of your visit, I was unable to keep up with your blog posts.....I'm so sorry! Can't believe that you've come and gone already! Seems like you were planning your trip for quite some time and now it's come and gone. It was so nice to see you and the rest of the Lu Family, only regret is not being able to spend much time sitting and talking to you. At least I can see you through your much loved hobby and your beautiful blog...........what a SWEET card! SO HAPPY and your colors are bright and cheerful, too. They just complete the entire look. Hope you had fun shopping at Archiver's today. Sorry to have missed you, Virginia, but at least your family had some nice, quality time with you. You've all needed that. I'm hoping that you're home safe and sound. Love, Karen xo

Lisa said...

That elephant is just tooooo cute!!! I hope you enjoyed archiver's!

ivy said...

what a cute wedding card!! love the image!

Jess said...

Adorable cards! Love the gradient colors on the elephant card!